Bengals F.A. Signings *update first signing*

Via NFL Network and Geoff Hobson, The Bengals announce the following signings:

Chris Pressley - 2 year deal
Cedric Peerman - deal terms unknown
Vincent Rey - deal terms unknown
Nicky Hayden - deal terms unknown

When the Bengals sign a free agent, list the player and terms of their deal when its known.

[quote name='BurnsBengal' timestamp='1331644067' post='1104748']
I'm going to go ahead and put :crickets: right now.

Anyone expecting the Bengals to come out guns a'blazin this evening is going to want to strangle kittens by late tomorrow. Its just not their way. I'd love to be surprised, but [b]I hope people don't get too uptight.[/b]
[/quote]

Where's the fun in that? Watching people freak out over the lack of Bengals signings is an annual spring sport.

:D

[quote name='NASTYNATI' timestamp='1331643841' post='1104747']
Via NFL Network and Geoff Hobson, The Bengals announce the following signings:

Chris Pressley - 2 year deal
Cedric Peerman - deal terms unknown
Vincent Rey - deal terms unknown
Nicky Hayden - deal terms unknown

When the Bengals sign a free agent, list the player and terms of their deal when its known.
[/quote]

assuming this is correct, this can get your the contract details of the latter 3 up there.

[b]Accrued Seasons[/b] [b]Minimum Salary[/b]
0 $390,000
1 $465,000
2 $540,000

[url="http://www.battleredblog.com/2012/2/20/2803584/tags-tenders-and-texans-free-agency-101"]http://www.battlered...free-agency-101[/url]

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1331644235' post='1104749']

Where's the fun in that? Watching people freak out over the lack of Bengals signings is an annual spring sport.

[/quote]

True.

{quote} Tuesday, 4:05pm OMG WHY HAVEN'T WE SSIGNED MARIO WILLIAMS, LANDRY, NICKS, AND GRUBBBS BY NOW?!??!!11 MIKE BROWN IS THE DEVIL AND I'm SO %$!@#$% DONE WITH THIIS ^%$ TEEM!!11juan`~! {/quote}

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1331644235' post='1104749']

[/quote]

Rumble is always a treat when FA starts. lol

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1331644725' post='1104750']

assuming this is correct, this can get your the contract details of the latter 3 up there.

[b]Accrued Seasons[/b] [b]Minimum Salary[/b]
0 $390,000
1 $465,000
2 $540,000

[url="http://www.battleredblog.com/2012/2/20/2803584/tags-tenders-and-texans-free-agency-101"]http://www.battlered...free-agency-101[/url]
[/quote]

Here is another good site for sports contracts, [url="http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/"]http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/[/url]

I guess I'm just a little disappointed that we haven't taken care of our own by now. I was really hoping to wake and see that we got at least one of Fanene, Rucker, or Sims done by now. Letting them test the market is only going to drive the price up.

[quote name='BurnsBengal' timestamp='1331644928' post='1104751']

True.

{quote} Tuesday, 4:05pm OMG WHY HAVEN'T WE SSIGNED MARIO WILLIAMS, LANDRY, NICKS, AND GRUBBBS BY NOW?!??!!11 MIKE BROWN IS THE DEVIL AND I'm SO %$!@#$% DONE WITH THIIS ^%$ TEEM!!11juan`~! {/quote}
[/quote]

You forgot to mention how cheap MB is and how he doesn't care about winning. It was funny how their cap space being so high was a major factor in them being picked to finish dead last last season. You'll hear a lot more of the same this year if he doesn't spend every penny this season.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1331645429' post='1104758']
I guess I'm just a little disappointed that we haven't taken care of our own by now. I was really hoping to wake and see that we got at least one of Fanene, Rucker, or Sims done by now. Letting them test the market is only going to drive the price up.
[/quote]

I'm disappointed that MB hasn't held a gun to their head too.

[/quote]

You can't stop a player from testing the free agent markey unless you use the franchise tag, I wouldn't franchise either Rucker or Fanene. You can make the arguement to franchise Nelson but it's too late for that. It's seems like all three guys want to see what else is out there for them in free agency, I bet the Bengals offered them fair market deals so if they choose to turn those deals down and go elsewhere that's on them.

[/quote]
Or it will let their agents see they arent worth what they are asking for...see fanene last year.

If you were the team would you sign a player to the agents first asking price? Its not like any of these guys are absolute must re-signs. Just b/c you have money to spend doesnt mean you have to just give it away...

Also if you're a player why would you sign a deal at this point before seeing if some other team is willing to throw stupid money at you?

The teams that have been consistently good the last few years (steelers, ravens, pats, giants, packers, falcons) havent done much of anything in free agency. I'm more concerned w/ getting the right players at the right price than making headlines by giving Mario Williams 15+ million a year for 7 years.

lol.

[quote[url="https://twitter.com/#!/CTColeman57"][b]Christopher Coleman[/b] [size=4]‏[/size] [s]@[/s][b]CTColeman57[/b][/url]
[color=#333333][font=HelveticaNeue,]According to an unnamed [/font][/color][url="https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23fedex"][s]#[/s][b]fedex[/b][/url][color=#333333][font=HelveticaNeue,] employee LS clark harris has a contract offer from the [/font][/color][url="https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23bengals"][s]#[/s][b][b]bengals[/b][/b][/url]][/quote]

[quote name='bengalsdave985' timestamp='1331646640' post='1104771']
Or it will let their agents see they arent worth what they are asking for...see fanene last year.

If you were the team would you sign a player to the agents first asking price? Its not like any of these guys are absolute must re-signs. Just b/c you have money to spend doesnt mean you have to just give it away...

Also if you're a player why would you sign a deal at this point before seeing if some other team is willing to throw stupid money at you?

The teams that have been consistently good the last few years (steelers, ravens, pats, giants, packers, falcons) havent done much of anything in free agency. I'm more concerned w/ getting the right players at the right price than making headlines by giving Mario Williams 15+ million a year for 7 years.
[/quote]

I agree, the Redskins win in free agency every year and look where they are, in shambles. They have nothing on the roster to build around, just traded away their first round picks for the next three years to get one player, and just got fined by the NFL for spending too much money.

Sure it's exciting to see your team sign the preceived best FA available at a time when there is nothing else going on but rarely do these guys make huge impacts on the new teams. More than likely they are cut in a few season, see OJ Atowge, Albert Haynesworth, etc.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1331647021' post='1104775']
Going to be interesting... I'd shit if we signed Mario Williams.
[/quote]

Betting money has him going to Chicago, but I'm guessing with some of the cutting that the Texans are doing (e.g. Eric Winston), they may be making an effort to re-sign him.

Honestly, not sure he's needed there. He's a 4-3 end and he was playing a 3-4 OLB. Texans still have an excellent defense without him... 4 very good LBs with Reed, Ryans, Cushing and Barwin. And you've got JJ Watt and Smith up-front at end.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1331650193' post='1104793']

Betting money has him going to Chicago, but I'm guessing with some of the cutting that the Texans are doing (e.g. Eric Winston), they may be making an effort to re-sign him.

Honestly, not sure he's needed there. He's a 4-3 end and he was playing a 3-4 OLB. Texans still have an excellent defense without him... 4 very good LBs with Reed, Ryans, Cushing and Barwin. And you've got JJ Watt and Smith up-front at end.
[/quote]

Wow Urlacher, Julious Peppers and Mario Williams? That would be sick!!

Bengals FA

Some people get upset about not signing our own
Some people get upset about not signing anyone impactfull
Some people defend the Bengals regardless of anything they do or dont do
Some people rationalize everything so the Bengals never come off as wrong

Rinse Repeat

[quote name='BurnsBengal' timestamp='1331644067' post='1104748']
I'm going to go ahead and put :crickets: right now.

[/quote]

What??? Did my agent leak this info???

I'm working out ==> :pooh_go:

My torn MCL seems to be coming along just fine.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1331651970' post='1104806']
I don't know how they can afford a D like that, but we can't afford a single all-star.
[/quote]

They don't have AJ Green and Dalton to sign in 3 years. The Bengals scouting is so fucking awesome that you must account for the future studs we are about to get in this year's draft and having to resign them in 2016.

[quote name='bengalsdave985' timestamp='1331646640' post='1104771']

[/quote]
I'm not asking for the big name players, I'm just wanting to see the defensive line rotation stay intact, and if it means overspending to keep a player whom has shown they have produced well in our system, so be it. If not, your signing a player whom you have no idea if they fit into our scheme. We know these guys can. I don't blame them for testing the market, but I'm a little stunned because we can usually keep our mid-tier guys before free agency starts.

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1331645220' post='1104755']

Rumble is always a treat when FA starts. lol
[/quote]

:P

Ok, I think Mike Brown hasn't signed a few of our own free agents yet so when free agency starts at 4 today we're not left out and they'll announce something for us :D Either way I'm cool with it.

I'm with JC on this. First J.Joe was fucked up. Now you have acquired Nelson via a trade and have contributing D-line members at risk to the FA market. It is very frustrating to not have any knowledge or insight on the prospects of retaining our own players.

I've always heard about how important a winning culture is. I've heard Marvin say numerous times about having the right people and his program. Alot of these guys have been apart of multi winning seasons with your organization.

Archived