[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1354743660' post='1188972']
I never understood why they let C. Trent Rosecrans get away. At one point or the other he covered the Bengals, Reds, and/or UC sports between the Post and Enquirer. Always thought he was fair but critical when warranted. And fun to follow in the social media or his blog and when he was on the local radio stations, and not a dick.
[/quote]

He had a youthful few months back in 2006-ish. Marvin was being Marvin-esque about the health of a player, or some such thing. C. Trent went ballistic, and snidely called Marvin a liar in articles, radio spots, anywhere he could. It was childish, totally unprofessional, and I think it hurt his local 'cred.'

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1354748387' post='1189012']
Just throw some trash in his yard and he will leave town. It seems to work around here.
[/quote]

if that happens, I'm putting stats in my sig about how bad the next Cincinnati beat writer is doing...

:ph34r:

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1354738456' post='1188949']
He really is a brown's fan though. Was on chick Ludwig show the other night talking about it.
[/quote]

That would explain his hostility.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1354746173' post='1188996']
His bosses at.. The Enquirer? This is the same paper that keeps Daugherty in print, no?
[/quote]

Yes, Pepe Le Pew.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354800195' post='1189103']
caught 2 minutes of Chick's show last night. He used the word stud twice and called himself "The Chickster" at least 3 times.
[/quote]

He's on TV now? Are you sure Chris Hansen didn't bust in at the end?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354800195' post='1189103']
caught 2 minutes of Chick's show last night. He used the word stud twice and called himself "The Chickster" at least 3 times.
[/quote]

Yeah, his Chickster persona is awful.

I used to follow him on twitter but I ended up having to drop him sometime back around September... just too much asshole-ness (not a word, I know) to continually get thrown at you.

But it seems like their birthright... a guy that covers Tennessee for a website is almost the EXACT same way.

When I see Reedy's crap and pap the two words that come to mind are "arrogant" and "condescending", like he is so much above and more knowledgable than you and me (which he isn't) that he is doing the Cincinnati sports media readers a favor by gracing us with his presence.

Personally, when anyone in any public arena comes off as arrogant and condescending, it really turns me off.

Not sure about firing him. Really don't want to see that happen to anyone. Not a good thing, bad Karma and "be careful what you wish for". Look what happened to Hobson... :ph34r: (I know he wasn't fired)

Good thoughts from those posting about C Trent. Objectivity and questioning Big Brother can be bad for one's employment health.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1354805699' post='1189126']
Are all sportswriters inherently douchey, or is this a Cincy thing? Shit, even Peter King used to cover Cincinnati beat.
[/quote]

Hobson has always been pro's pro in my book... And while not a writer, John Popovich is one of the all time greats.

Archived