The Good, The Bad, The Ugly -Packers

then how has he completed over 70% in two of three games this season?

Aikman was also all over Newman all game, who had 2 of the biggest plays of the game.

Watch kapernick the last game and a half. Thats what a lot of qbs, even good ones, look like in bad games. In daltons bad games the last two weeks he has gone for 3 tds, 1 pick, probably 64 percent or so and a qb rating probably around 95.

I dont think dalton played awesome by any means, but I know a lot of qbs would love to say their bad game was a game where they went 71 percent, 235 yards, 2 tds, 1 int and a win against a very good team. Once again, just look at what kaepernick did last week and the first half this week. 

somehow I doubt packers fans are bitching about Aaron Rodger's accuracy today.

Its truly baffling that some fans don't get that, when you're blitzed and rushed, sometimes incompletions happen.  

Im actually shocked by roger's two ints. Those were some really bad passes. Both qbs didnt play their best, but id almost have to say Dalton played better than rogers today, and definitely did statistically.

Once again, you arent going to have 16 good games. If you can have a few great games, some good games, and a few bad games...if your bad games are like daltons the last two weeks, we will be in great shape.

I was wondering what was going on.  On the fumbled kickoff, he only got it to like the 3, then kicked it out of the same endzone 2 minutes later.

Made me wonder if they kicked it short on purpose knowing the guy struggled fielding kicks.

They absolutely did - both times.  Just like we did in the Eagles game last year.

Not overrated...over-hyped.

I just think its funny that some of the people bitching in the offseason about dalton and saying how good kapernick is, and are bitching about dalton having a bad game the last two weeks...(which granted werent his best games).

Last two weeks:

AD- 45/73 62% 515 yards 3 Tds 1 Int QB Rating 90.8

CK- 26/55 47% 277 yards 0 Tds 4 Ints QB Rating 32.2

Dalton is no Aaron rodgers right now, but lets be honest, he outperformed him today and made less mistakes. Hes no superstar yet, but do we really have to bitch about him every game, even games where he is winning against great teams and putting up passer ratings over 100??

Sorry to disagree. He doesn't recognize defenses very well causing his own sacks and pressure situations. On one sack all could clearly see before the snap where the pressure was coming from and Dalton never saw it and never adjusted. That sack was 100% his fault

He has been praised several times in several games about his presnap reads and ability to audible to the right play.

Again I dont think anyone here thinks Dalton Is the next Brees or Brady, but he is a damn solid QB considering the fact he is just starting his 3rd year with a young team.

Think of the number of rookies he has played with in key positions on offense in his first two seasons including Bernard and Eifert both seeing a solid number of snaps.

As 1181 mentioned Andy has completed 70+ % 2 of 3 games this season and has played 3 good teams this year (Pitt is banged up but a Division opponent and historically excellent team). I dont see how some of you continue to attempt to pick the guy apart. He is already better than Carson ever was and with 85% of the physical ability.

He has been praised several times in several games about his presnap reads and ability to audible to the right play.
Again I dont think anyone here thinks Dalton Is the next Brees or Brady, but he is a damn solid QB considering the fact he is just starting his 3rd year with a young team.
Think of the number of rookies he has played with in key positions on offense in his first two seasons including Bernard and Eifert both seeing a solid number of snaps.
As 1181 mentioned Andy has completed 70+ % 2 of 3 games this season and has played 3 good teams this year (Pitt is banged up but a Division opponent and historically excellent team). I dont see how some of you continue to attempt to pick the guy apart. He is already better than Carson ever was and with 85% of the physical ability.

There is validity in some of your comments.

Sadly, many take objective points of view and turn them into something else. Can you really argue that Dalton didn't struggle after the 1st drive until late in the 3rd quarter today and in the first half vs Pitt? Surely most would agree with that? That is roughly 4 quarters out of 12. Does that mean he was terrible on every play, in every quarter. Of course not.

Of course Dalton's record is better than Palmers but outside the 2005 team, Dalton had been in mostly better circumstances. Palmer never had a defense even near this and injuries killed his o-line after 2005. I don't see a Guyck or Livingston on this online and I don't see a guy that never earned a starting spot being given the franchised like Andrews was.

Also for those not at the game, the wind was blowing fairly hard at times. Nuge missing that 52 yarder wasnt that bad. Id say most kickers hit that maybe 40-50 percent of the time max.
Was the blocked EP his fault or did someone just get through? It was hard to tell...

Clint Boling was way late getting out from the snap and his man did a swim move right past him and made the block.

Good
CB play - particularly Newman and Leon. Jordy made some great contested catches b/c Newman was right there pretty much all day. Leon was great- awesome INT as well. Hats off to Adam Jones for gutting it out and to Taylor Mays for stepping in at the end and holding his own. Iloka seemed to play pretty well, too.
DL - especially the ends. MJ had his 2nd straight dominating performance, and Los is getting his sea legs after missing the PS.
LB - both Rey and Tez played well. Rey is moving around well, and making plays vs. both pass and run
Andy in second half. He struggled for awhile in the first half, but he was in command in the 2h with decisive reads and good ball placement. Good to see Sanu and Marvin making some plays to take some pressure off of AJ
Gio - impressive again... He's tough, too. No fear. Really fun to watch.
Overall D - just a ton of big plays and stops, all day, playing with some bad field position - especially in the first half.
Marvin's challenge on the 4th down play

Bad - Turnovers, obviously. Gresham has to learn to hold onto the ball... He fumbles too damned much
STs - 2nd Peerman penalty in 3 games, Tate fumble, blocked PAT, Nugent with a bad miss and an OOB kickoff. Not a good showing.
Some of the calls, on both sides

Great win... Early in the 2h, I was thinking that the Bengals weren't ready for the big stage yet, but they surprised me... Never gave up or lost their poise. One of the crazier games I've seen in a long time.

Also for those not at the game, the wind was blowing fairly hard at times. Nuge missing that 52 yarder wasnt that bad. Id say most kickers hit that maybe 40-50 percent of the time max.

Was the blocked EP his fault or did someone just get through? It was hard to tell...

Yeah, 52 yarders are not gimmies in the first place and the wind kicked up when they decided to kick rather than go for it.

Archived