It's happened again . . . Jones arrested overnight

Also, everyone in the city knows not to drive down Beechmont Avenue in the middle of the night. I dont drink and drive, and it ALWAYS made me nervous driving down that road at night. They pull over everyone for the smallest infraction. You're a sitting duck on a big, well lit road with zero other cars and a large police station. A little extra speed, a slight deviation off your lane, a failed turn signal. Whatever. You'll be pulled over. I've been ticketed once on that road and pulled over a few other times for no good reason. Also had an open contained ticket as a passenger when I was 19 and in the military. Cop asked if I would get in trouble, I said "yes, probably", and he wrote out the ticket anyway and gave it to me..

4th degree misdemeanor, 2nd lowest next to minor misdemeanor (like speeding, jaywalking, etc). Punishable up to 30 days in jail.

for being a passenger while intoxicated? you have got to be kidding me? what happens when you've had too much to drink and wisely call a cab, so you don't have to drive? can they pull the cab over then bust you for being an intoxicated passenger?

for being a passenger while intoxicated? you have got to be kidding me? what happens when you've had too much to drink and wisely call a cab, so you don't have to drive? can they pull the cab over then bust you for being an intoxicated passenger?

If the driver is drunk and you mouth off to the police...maybe.

Its not legal to be an intoxicated passenger, if I pull you over and you get mouthy and are intoxicated I can arrest you for being drunk in public. Although the DAs office would never press charges. Its a misdemeanor by the way.

And you'd be dick.

Freedom of speech is worthless if the very people who are entrusted to enforce our laws and protect those freedoms violate them.  Call it arresting me for public intoxication or whatever you want, but we both know you arrested me because I spoke my mind, and you decided to use (abuse) your position of power to retaliate.

For that reason, it takes a helluva strong character to be a truly good cop. 

And you'd be dick.

Freedom of speech is worthless if the very people who are entrusted to enforce our laws and protect those freedoms violate them.  Call it arresting me for public intoxication or whatever you want, but we both know you arrested me because I spoke my mind, and you decided to use (abuse) your position of power to retaliate.

Freedom of speech is to allow you to talk politics in public.  It really doesn't cover this situation.

And you'd be dick.

Agreed. You do have a lot of officers who are diligent, hardworking people that just want to provide public safety and are committed to doing their job appropriately, but there are some that think their badge makes them king, and they can abuse their position. Especially if a black person is involved. Just read the headlines.

Archived