Both Gruden and Zimmer being interviewed for HC jobs (Multiple Merged Threads)

NFL should consult Go-Bengals.com posters instead of determining for themselves who they like.  Obviously Jay Gruden sucks, that must be why he's being interviewed for HC positions and even offered one after his 2nd year as OC.   

He'd be an awesome fit with RGIII.  Hell, if he made Dalton look decent, imagine what he could do with someone that's even marginally talented. 

NFL Network's Jeff Darlington expects Bengals OC Jay Gruden to be the next Redskins head coach.

Darlington doesn't cite sources, but he's pretty well plugged-in around the league and likely isn't simply guessing. The most notable Washington-Gruden tie is Jay's history with Redskins GM Bruce Allen in Tampa Bay, where Gruden was an assistant coach on his big brother Jon's staff, and Allen ran football operations. Due to his last name, Jay would also fit the bill for owner Dan Snyder, who prefers flashy hires. The Bengals could promote RBs coach Hue Jackson to offensive coordinator, and very arguably upgrade on Gruden.

Lets go Hue!

Started this thread as the only other I saw regarding Zimmer was Minn. only. Merge if you see fit.

Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin 3m

Zimmer confirms multiple intrest, interviews later in week

Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin 33s

Zimmer: I love these guys. This defense can go a long way

I hope to god that Jay Gruden gets a job somewhere. I don't wish he does bad or anything. Hell, I hope he's successful as hell. Just go be a head coach somewhere, dude. Dolphins just fired their offensive coordinator, and that motherfucker has known Philbin since high school. He was Philbin's teacher and high school coach or some shit lol. We can't just be happy with what we've got...

Replacing Zimmer is gonna suck, man. But we have the talent on D to adjust.

I think Zimmer would work there.  Big time actually.  I hope that doesnt happen.

I thought Wisenhunt had the Lions gig practically locked up?  If we could have pulled out the Wisenhunt would probably be on a plane there now....

Man stephen a smith is calling for marvin lewis to be fired...

He is not alone.  I have stated this several times, that i dont like blaming coaches, but at some point you reach an impasse, and somebody gots to go.  Its been 11 years and no playoff wins in 5 tries.  No better time than now it would seem.  But, we all know that wont be the case.  Hell, for my money, Marv and Mike are probably only looking at it as being his 3rd year, since they did "start from scratch" after the lockout.  Oh, the joys of being a Bengals fan.  

Archived