Moderators, New/Old Etc. Going forward. - Opinions...

Off subject I've wanted to ask you for a while. Do you wear a jersey to games with Tarzan on the back ?

I have seen someone with Tarzan on their jersey and I've also seen one with Numbers on their jersey.  Both are not posters on this board.  The guy with Numbers is in the end zone I think near the Bengals tunnel.  I sit  on the 45 yard line approximately.

Why don't you stop? Nothing Backer has ever done was racist.

He posted vidoes that are from YouTube. He never called anyone

any names. He never demeaned or degraded anyone.

He is one of the finest people I have ever known. You should

be so lucky to grow up and be as good of a man as he is. 

Which one of us posted a 1,000 word essay (no I didn't actually count them) defending his behavior?

That's great that you think he's so gosh-darn wonderful, and maybe he truly is, even. Thing is, when you post a thread about why you need a gun, label it "It's a Jungle" and then post videos exclusively of violent black men, well... If you're not a racist, you're at the very least ignorant.

You have to remember, I don't know the guy. All I have to go by is how he presents himself on here, and I don't think you can deny that the post in question was a piss-poor representation.  I'd be willing to accept that it was just a lack of awareness if he wasn't so dead-set on defending it, continuing to argue that he needs a gun because of black people (!), and then acting like he's being victimized when people are disturbed by it.

Seriously, go back and read the post I was responding to without the counterbalance in mind of you knowing the guy. If you read that from a stranger, what would you think? In fact, if you do know the guy, maybe you should have a frank discussion with him.  Because, from here, the more he says about it the harder I'm finding it to give him the benefit of the doubt.

On the topic of respect, by the way, it's only out of respect for you that I'm trying to see this friend of yours in a different light.  I don't think you can honestly say that he's making it easy.

"Overwhelmingly the videos I found were of blacks attacking whites"

"I'm no racist"

Just stop, dude.

Your reading comprehension and ability to reason is really dismal.

What I said there isn't contradictory. It's truth. Do your own youtube searches and prove me wrong.

I stopped a long time ago, but when my name and that thread get brought up I respond, but because I am right and you are wrong.

Also, I don't think it was a PM as I'm pretty sure I stated that publicly.

It was a PM, I still have it and can reply to it if you want. I posted it on the board when I said I was stepping down

Also, you might want to stop and consider how many of these recent shooting rampages have been committed by non-whites.

Absolutely and if I'm ever in a position to stop some crazy cracker from doing it I'll try my best to put two to his chest and one to his head. Tell you what, go start a thread about those shootings and see if you get jumped on and labeled a racist.

Also, there were no fucking riots after the Zimmerman verdict. Zimmerman - that was the guy who was on trial, since you seem to have that confused (don't feel bad though so did most folks).

Again, go back and read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote. EDIT: You are correct that should have read Zimmerman verdict, but I didn't say there were riots after it.

Anyway, quit playing the victim and take it to J&D if you really feel compelled to keep showing your ass.

I'm not playing anything. I'm speaking truth because lies are being told about me. You are the one showing your ass.

The Tarzan jersey is not me....I try to remain inconstipat....I mean inconsequen....that is, inconspicious.....hell,  I try to blend in....

I'm pretty sure the word you're looking for was "incontinent"

:ninja_star:

Well, all I can say about that whole Backer vs whomever meltdown thing is that while I can see why people would think what Backer posted was racist if you were so inclined to view it in that light not knowing him, I know him (we attended the Saints "Kaeshvaharn gave Palmer a bloody nose" pre-season game together) and he's a great guy and I wish more people would believe that when he tries to explain himself and when people that have been here forever like myself and Oldschooler make a point of supporting Dan's character as a person, a reasonable poster and as a mod.

Backer stepping down was a sad day for me. There was absolutely no reason for him to do so, in spite of posting what he must have known would be a controversial topic for discussion. 

Anyway, that's my take on it. I stayed out of that whole conversation for the most part because I also like Homer and Jaime and I really didn't feel it was worth trying to take sides in that conflict and I felt that most reasoning people would be able to judge for themselves what Backer was trying to point out.

Sorry Ryan for the temporary derail of the thread, I've said everything I need to say about it. People will think what they want.

As for mods, all of the suggestions have been good. I think it's important to make the mods people that most of the board wants as mods. It shows that there is already respect for those people.

I hope that when they have to use their mod powers, people will remember that this is what the majority felt was needed and don't take it personally. Mods, don't turn into dicks because you have some authority. Posters, don't be dicks to the mods, they will be doing a thankless job for no money.

Ryan, the direction of the board comes from the top. I think you need to temper your posts with the best direction of the board in mind, regardless of your feelings about players. Doesn't mean you shouldn't express your thoughts, just do it in a more productive manner. It looks like you've decided to start doing that, and I think it will improve the atmosphere here immensely.

Lastly, if there is going to be a J&D forum, it should have the same rules of civility as the rest of the board, otherwise it should be closed. (I don't advocate closing it)

Archived