Who replaces Eifert on the roster? Has Vickerson signed?

I always liked Charles; He was a good TE @ Georgia. Did he sign with Tennessee's practice squad?

Yeah and we can sign him to our 53 if we want.  I wouldn't be surprised by this move if the injury is as bad as it looked.

I too like Charles, but all I ever hear is "he was a good te at Georgia"... Being good in college means something your rookie year in the pros, but after that I couldn't care less. To me he just isn't football smart. Some ppl just have "it" and some others can learn "it", but to me Charles just doesn't fall into either of those categories. All that being said he has enough talent to not completely wash our hands of him. Would love to see him finally make that leap from a good te in college to a good te in the nfl.

I too like Charles, but all I ever hear is "he was a good te at Georgia"... Being good in college means something your rookie year in the pros, but after that I couldn't care less. To me he just isn't football smart. Some ppl just have "it" and some others can learn "it", but to me Charles just doesn't fall into either of those categories. All that being said he has enough talent to not completely wash our hands of him. Would love to see him finally make that leap from a good te in college to a good te in the nfl.

I think his problems are physical as well. He isn't really built like an NFL TE. He's too short and has short arms. There are a few guys built like him who have made it as flex TEs, but he isn't fast enough for that. He ran a 4.8 or 4.9 coming out of UGA and he plays like it.

You really need either a big body or big time athleticism and he doesn't have either.

I don't think the Bengals were very eager to bring Vickerson on board- for whatever reason.  If they add a temp TE odds are it will be Brock or Charles-they know the plays. There does not appear to be a lot out there TE-wise. Unless Tony Gonzalez has an itch to give it one more go with a contender.

I mean...how long are you all expecting Eifert to be out for? We've not got too much info on his injury, have we?

Snicky's sounds about right....6 wks, but max, not min.   I was thinking IRR when i saw the injury, but when I saw him walking to the locker room with the dislocation already reduced, that will reduced the damage that requires healing, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in 4 or 5 wks, with some kind of brace of course.

Archived