On to Houston: What do we do about ...

We run the ball like hell hopefully Giovanni is back and we can execute proper screenplays to slow there ass down from rushing,I'm seeing Fosters going to be back I watched the Texans Browns game today because The Bengals wasn't on in my area and I'll tell you what their backup running back isn't bad either and mallet has one hell of an arm

To answer the original question, the best you can hope for is to limit his chances at getting near the quarterback.  I say limit because the dude is literally unblockable.

I realize that living down here now, all I hear about is "JJ Swatt", but he's one of the few players that might actually exceed his hype.

To answer the original question, the best you can hope for is to limit his chances at getting near the quarterback.  I say limit because the dude is literally unblockable.

I realize that living down here now, all I hear about is "JJ Swatt", but he's one of the few players that might actually exceed his hype.

Yeah he's pretty damn good, but hopefully Andre the Giant will be back so that should help.  Going to have to chip him off the edge and give the line help with an interior player.  RBs picking up blitzes or free linemen will be key Sunday.  

...lots of runs and roll outs to the other side.

And the runs should be quick hitters away from Watt. They've got to make him chase the play.

I'm glad Jay Gruden is gone. He hated to run the ball, and when he did the focus too often was on delays and draws. That shit ain't gonna work this Sunday.

They have to be as mentally and physically committed to running the ball as they were in N.O. 

This should be a physical team. Too often this year they have played soft. But the physical team from the first half at Baltimore back in week 1 finally showed back up, and it was nice to see. The team and the coaches have to embrace that and be that team going forward. Do that, and they can better deal with Watt. Play soft and scared, and he will kill us.

Run the ball and run it often. I don't care how unblockable you are, you will tire eventually after some long drives.

Play ball control with Hill, take the occasional deep shot to AJ, and get the ball to Gio in space opposite Watts side so he has a long way to run.

That's how you neutralize Watt and beat the Texans.

Overall stats wise, they are at the bottom of the league in passing offense and defense. Both teams are top 10 in rushing offense. The texans are middle of the road rush D. What did Clowney do yesterday?

Tackle on a 2 yard gain from rb and tackle for 1 yd loss against rb.

Clowney and Cushing have been hurt but are getting healthy, kind of like us.  Houston gives up too many big plays which fits right in our wheelhouse if AJ and Andy can connect like they did yesterday.  Watt is a problem, you simply can't sugar coat that.  

Houston's backup RB is a stud named Blue (on my fantasy team and had 150+ rushing yesterday) so don't expect much of a drop off if Foster is still out.  Mallet, fuck who knows.  Played good yesterday but we are the first team in the history of the NFL to have actual NFL game film of him.

Should be a  very close game, probably decided by turnovers.   I would guess Mallet would have a bigger chance of making a mistake than our 4 year vet QB.

Really hoping that Andre is back this week but we will still need to do max protection and chip him on his side.

Even with Andre I think you still need to keep Burkhead or Hill back there just to add protection on passing downs.  Guy makes all pros look like rookies.  BTW, I thought Burkhead did a very good job yesterday in his roll. 

Even with Andre I think you still need to keep Burkhead or Hill back there just to add protection on passing downs.  Guy makes all pros look like rookies.  BTW, I thought Burkhead did a very good job yesterday in his roll. 

Agreed on all accounts.

He missed blitz pickup one play. Allowed dalton to get hit. Burkhead. Made a great catch though

Archived