How Close Are We to the Superbowl?

I'm very positive that I like my car, but I know there are a ton of possible upgrades out there that would be incredible to have instead. My car was much more exciting when I first got it, but now it's just another car on the road, going from point A to point B... Not winning many races, not turning many heads. Not making many people jealous. Just eating up gas at around 15 mpg and keeping me fairly comfortable... I know exactly what I have- but see lots of other people driving much newer, nicer cars that cost less than mine and get WAY better gas mileage. I haven't traded it in yet though, because I am also positive that the car fairy (Kenneth?) will show up one day and turn it into a Lamborghini. I just need patience.

Incredible analogy! I now understand the negative view of Lewis. You've cleared up everything.

Hey guys, did you hear the breaking news on GB Forums?  No "fan" has ever, in the history of fandom, i mean ever, criticized its coach, quarterback, or team in general?  Its ground breaking news all over the airways.  

Criticize? Or bitch incessantly? Or derail every friggin' thread on this board with "Dalton Sucks! diatribes"?

Joe G @JoeGoodberry · 49m49 minutes ago
Frostee Rucker on Jim Rome asked if the Bengals can ever take that next step: "Yeah, as long as Marvin is there. He'll figure out a way."

I hope you don't hold your breath, Frostee.  Twelve years and counting...

Joe G @JoeGoodberry · 45m45 minutes ago
He talked about playing for the Bengals for 6 years. Players are always very positive about Marvin Lewis.

I'm not sure that's necessarily a good thing.  Supervisors, coaches, and other authority figures we like are not necessarily the ones who get the most out of us.

I have no interest in defending Lewis, but I fail to see what any of that has to do with you pissing on every person who acknowledges that the last 4 years hasn't been a fucking waste.

You can acknowledge the success of the last 4 years while also wanting your team to accomplish more.

I will grant you the first 1-2 years maybe even 3, but at some point you want to move out of neutral otherwise IT IS a fucking waste.

The original question is how close are we to the Superbowl.  The better question is will the Bengals spend their cap money in an attempt to make a run at the Superbowl?   We entered the 2014 season with almost $10 mil in cap space or sixth most.  Right now we are at $28.7 mil or again, 6th place.

Make the move now.

The #Bengals are averaging 6.32 starts & 16.89 games played in for each of their 28 draft picks since 2012:

B8YuX_aCMAAh456.png

So... Marvin isnt the indispensable Master Drafter some people on here claim him to be? 9 starts per year for 1st and 2nd round picks is shitty- those should be immediate starters.. and average points per pick ()whatever than means) is WAY below average.

So... Marvin isnt the indispensable Master Drafter some people on here claim him to be? 9 starts per year for 1st and 2nd round picks is shitty- those should be immediate starters.. and average points per pick ()whatever than means) is WAY below average.

It's an incomplete list.  For example where is the Patriots info ?

In regards to picks ( Percentage ) still on the roster:  We did pretty good by maintaining those picks on the roster as compared to the rest of the league.  However, those that have a higher percentage than us are not ( with a couple of exceptions ), a higher rated team.

In other words, we are not the draft masters but we did do pretty good considering the amount of draft picks we still have on the roster.  We're built from the draft.  Compare those teams with the worst percentage of picks still on the team ( such as the Seattle Seahawks ) and you might understand why I am continually harping about getting active ( but not stupid ) in the Free Agency.

Dude has won 40 games with a "shitty" QB somehow. 

Dude has won 40 games with a "shitty" QB somehow. 

Oh cool. So out of 68 games, he won 40.

I wish I could fail at my job 42% of the time and still have people act like I'm good at what I do.

For his next career he should be a weather forecaster. Probably the only job you could have an even worse success % and still be revered

How about baseball? Hit .300 (30% success rate) and you're a stud.

I've always found that funny, too- although a baseball is incredibly hard to hit. But when you consider the greatest couple of players of a current couple year era are probably averaging maybe .030 points higher- it puts the difficulty Into perspective.

I'm on my phone and not even going to try to research, but this is guaranteed: For coaching- the greatest coaches of the past couple years are certainly coaching at a much higher level than 58% success. And if one would want to weigh playoff and prime time games a little heavier than 1pm sunday games it gets even worse.

People act like getting blown out of 4 first round playoff games is the golden years of Bengals football and we should all be happy about... Well, these golden years are only a 58% success rate. 58 fucking percent.

I don't think anybody prefers playoff appearances over Super Bowls, but there's nothing we can do about it so we rationalize that we aren't the turds. All we can do is be optimistic and hope. All you do is feel sorry for yourself and predict next season will be the same and you're already crying about it. I constantly have this conversation with my 11 year old son.

The nice thing is you won't have to have it with him for long, he will grow up, unlike the childlike whiners on this board.

Oh cool. So out of 68 games, he won 40.

I wish I could fail at my job 42% of the time 

Don't probe me Bro!

Hello. Welcome to Earth. On this Planet averaging 10 wins a Season
in the NFL is a success. And allows you to play at least 4 more games
in that 4 year span. The ultimate success is to keep winning until they
hand you a nice shiny trophy, have a parade and send you to go meet
the President. But winning 40 games out of 64 is a success on this Planet. 

Don't probe me Bro!

Hello. Welcome to Earth. On this Planet averaging 10 wins a Season
in the NFL is a success. And allows you to play at least 4 more games
in that 4 year span. The ultimate success is to keep winning until they
hand you a nice shiny trophy, have a parade and send you to go meet
the President. But winning 40 games out of 64 is a success on this Planet. 

They've won 40 out of 68 games played. Barely over half the games played they've won- or just under half the games they've played they've lost.

Success in the NFL is dictated by championships- either conference or NFL. Everything else- especially zero playoff wins in 12 years- is complete failure by NFL earth standards.

You say success is to keep winning until they hand you a shiny trophy, yet this team doesn't keep winning. In fact, once it matters they aren't even slightly competitive.

The Stealers and Ravens win superbowls. But hey- they can't say they've attended the playoffs four years in a row like we have!!!!!

They've won 40 out of 68 games played. Barely over half the games played they've won- or just under half the games they've played they've lost.

Success in the NFL is dictated by championships- either conference or NFL. Everything else- especially zero playoff wins in 12 years- is complete failure by NFL earth standards.

You say success is to keep winning until they hand you a shiny trophy, yet this team doesn't keep winning. In fact, once it matters they aren't even slightly competitive.

The Stealers and Ravens win superbowls. But hey- they can't say they've attended the playoffs four years in a row like we have!!!!!

The 90's called, They want their attitude towards the Bengals back.

Upgrading a QB and Head Coach is going to put us back in the 90s?

Love the brainwashed fear of the 90s

There is no QB out there to replace Andy. We are who we are for many years to come with Andy as our QB.

I've always found that funny, too- although a baseball is incredibly hard to hit. But when you consider the greatest couple of players of a current couple year era are probably averaging maybe .030 points higher- it puts the difficulty Into perspective.

I'm on my phone and not even going to try to research, but this is guaranteed: For coaching- the greatest coaches of the past couple years are certainly coaching at a much higher level than 58% success. And if one would want to weigh playoff and prime time games a little heavier than 1pm sunday games it gets even worse.

People act like getting blown out of 4 first round playoff games is the golden years of Bengals football and we should all be happy about... Well, these golden years are only a 58% success rate. 58 fucking percent.

Well... at least 50% of your posts are failures, so Marvin and Andy are doing better than you!

:ninja:

Archived