Antonio Brown is miraculously 100% healthy

Won't be presented that way, Chief. 

More like they will be compared to the Battered Bastards of Bastogne.

Shit, if they happen to win, the legend will grow to epic proportions. Don't know if Collinsworth can take the strain on his knees.

Or his jaw...

No he doesn't. I believe our guy. Brown really had no choice but not to play after the accusations of him flopping.You're very intelligent but also very naive scharm.;)

Pac Man offered up the apology himself that's why he owes it to him.   He said he'll apologize if Brown doesn't play.  

You are joking right? Cause the Stealers really give a fuck about what random Bengal Fan says on the internet..

Slow down chief.   I know you are going through some weird obsession due to yesterday's events and feel you need to score some points.   I was simply referring to someone's idea from yesterday that Bengal fans troll Pittsburgh fans by renting a Billboard in Pittsburgh with Burfict on it.

Don't you feel foolish, again.

Slow down chief.   I know you are going through some weird obsession due to yesterday's events and feel you need to score some points.   I was simply referring to someone's idea from yesterday that Bengal fans troll Pittsburgh fans by renting a Billboard in Pittsburgh with Burfict on it.

Don't you feel foolish, again.

Hey, no obsession here man, It's not my fault you are on a "stupidity roll" this morning (besides you were the obvious loser in that exchange yesterday. I found the whole thing amusing to be honest).

You responded to me in the Shazier thread and all I have done is counter your points. And no I don't feel foolish, your post wasn't very clear.

I don't think it is a stretch to assume that Brown is being held out simply because the hit was "horrific" and there is no way some one should be able to play after sustaining such a malicious hit from the animal Burfict who was suspended in large part because of that hit. Not when you are saying Burfict is suspended for the disregard for player safety.

I don't think it is a stretch to assume that Brown is being held out simply because the hit was "horrific" and there is no way some one should be able to play after sustaining such a malicious hit from the animal Burfict who was suspended in large part because of that hit. Not when you are saying Burfict is suspended for the disregard for player safety.

So the league fixed the last game in favor of the Stealers and now they are going to hold out a healthy star player for that same team?    What?  For Manning?

It may go against Homer world.   Burfict screwed us.   His hit should have been flagged and his suspension is legit.      The initial assumption he was flopping seems to be inaccurate due to him being out of the game.   

So the league fixed the last game in favor of the Stealers and now they are going to hold out a healthy star player for that same team?    What?  For Manning?

It may go against Homer world.   Burfict screwed us.   His hit should have been flagged and his suspension is legit.      The initial assumption he was flopping seems to be inaccurate due to him being out of the game.   

LOL. Justify this suspension with league precedent please.

I stand by my opinion. He has no choice but to sit out. His teammate said he was fine and would play. If he knew brown had a concussion he wouldn't be saying that.

Brown was the league's best receiver with 136 catches, 1,834 yards and 10 touchdowns during the regular season.

Stealers wide receiver Markus Wheaton said Brown's supporting cast is willing to pick up the slack in Brown's absence.

"I know they've had a couple of good practices," offensive coordinator Todd Haley said of his receiver group. "This is a group that has shown they are pretty mentally tough. They prepare the same every week."

Wheaton said he can play the inside or outside receiver positions if necessary, and Martavis Bryant is more than a deep threat.

"We will definitely be up to the challenge," Wheaton said.

hqdefault.jpg

Scharm I would respond if I gave  a shit about your opinion. But I don't. So I won't.

Old,  I'm just trying to keep all the conspiracy theories straight.    One thread you providing examples of drunk driver killing someone, in which I'm guessing to support your belief that the league let the Steeler cheat to beat the Bengals.  

Now you are claiming the league is keeping that same team's best player from playing when he's healthy?   Doesn't really make any sense, does it?

I think he'll win an appeal.   The guy in Denver got a game for poking an eye.    

Certainly you are not going to claim Burfict is completely innocent.  

The hit was flagged appropriately. But I think it was less of an infraction than the Shazier hit, and possible less intentional than the spearing in the back on Eifert that also wasn't flagged.

Worse offenders than Burfict have gotten less. Burfict is being scapegoated so the league can point and say "see we are trying to clean up the game". All the while ignoring truly dangerous plays like the hit on Bernard.

Old,  I'm just trying to keep all the conspiracy theories straight.    One thread you providing examples of drunk driver killing someone, in which I'm guessing to support your belief that the league let the Steeler cheat to beat the Bengals.  

Now you are claiming the league is keeping that same team's best player from playing when he's healthy?   Doesn't really make any sense, does it?

The league doesn't have anything to do with it. If Brown truly has a concussion (and I can believe it), then it is up to the judgement of an independent neurologist to clear him to play, at least according to the CBA.

The hit was flagged appropriately. But I think it was less of an infraction than the Shazier hit, and possible less intentional than the spearing in the back on Eifert that also wasn't flagged.

Worse offenders than Burfict have gotten less. Burfict is being scapegoated so the league can point and say "see we are trying to clean up the game". All the while ignoring truly dangerous plays like the hit on Bernard.

Burfict isn't a scapegoat.   He has a case for the length of suspension but not against the act of suspension. 

The league suspended Suh, Riaola, Talib, ODB, and Ward for a game.  I believe all these fall under the "safety deal" although the acts of violation were different. 

Burfict was fined 50K a week earlier for a hit on Raven Max Williams that was completely away from the play.

In addition we all saw him Target Joe Flacco and Andrew Luck in 2014 and hurt himself.   Both hits not flagged or fined but were the same type of targeting we are bitching about Shazier.    Burfict suffered a concussion and stinger and was in and out.  

It's for the Bengals benefit for Burfict to get the message because the majority of his infractions will not effect his play making ability and this time last year we were all concerned this guy is going to knock himself out of the league. 

To me it's just the double standard that's got my blood boiling. The entire debacle started with the Shazier non-call resulting in a Steeler possession. Cincinnati's players and fans had finally been pushed too far. Mike Mithchell forced us to play without Tyler Eifert for some critical games, and now I find myself glad that Pittsburgh is playing without Brown. I've never been the kind to be glad of an injury to anyone either. I don't care if Jones has to apologize to Brown. I don't care who wins any of the remaining games. All I want to see is Pittsburgh get their asses handed to them, and that kinda sucks that I've got nothing else to root for.

To me it's just the double standard that's got my blood boiling. The entire debacle started with the Shazier non-call resulting in a Steeler possession. Cincinnati's players and fans had finally been pushed too far. Mike Mithchell forced us to play without Tyler Eifert for some critical games, and now I find myself glad that Pittsburgh is playing without Brown. I've never been the kind to be glad of an injury to anyone either. I don't care if Jones has to apologize to Brown. I don't care who wins any of the remaining games. All I want to see is Pittsburgh get their asses handed to them, and that kinda sucks that I've got nothing else to root for.

exactly...succinctly sums up my position as well.  Thank you for your post.

Yep. :6:

Yeah.  

Archived