Time to Get an Offensive Lineman.

We better jump quickly on one or two offensive linemen when the teams start releasing players. Forget the thread about getting a QB. We need help for our  miserable offensive line and running game.

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

We better jump quickly on one or two offensive linemen when the teams start releasing players. Forget the thread about getting a QB. We need help for our  miserable offensive line and running game.

The QB thread is more interesting than you banging the same drum over and over.

What is happening here is a disgrace. The whole world understands and gets what many of you don’t understand, without an average offensive line, we will have a difficult time going 8-8. Many of you have low or no energy. You ALL should be rallying around me and support the idea of improving the offensive line. Shame on all of you! You can’t see the forest because of the trees. When Andy picks himself up from the astroturf for the 100th time because he has no offensive line to protect him, when Mixon starts crying about his 1 YPC because our offensive line cannot run block, then you, too, will start agreeing with me, BUT it will be too late. Because, because, because... WE NEED TO FIX THE OFFENSIVE LINE NOW!

38 minutes ago, Rick said:

What is happening here is a disgrace. The whole world understands and gets what many of you don’t understand, without an average offensive line, we will have a difficult time going 8-8. Many of you have low or no energy. You ALL should be rallying around me and support the idea of improving the offensive line. Shame on all of you! You can’t see the forest because of the trees. When Andy picks himself up from the astroturf for the 100th time because he has no offensive line to protect him, when Mixon starts crying about his 1 YPC because our offensive line cannot run block, then you, too, will start agreeing with me, BUT it will be too late. Because, because, because... WE NEED TO FIX THE OFFENSIVE LINE NOW!

The offensive line does need to be a priority, yes.   It's too early to declare a disaster when nobody here has seen anything other than a vanilla offense.   It's likely to be much better than what we are witnessing.   Offensive line rankings in preseason mean pretty much zero.  

Rick's right of course.  We should all be ashamed.  This place is a disgrace.  We as fans need to do our job or get fired.  The starters didn't even play tonight, but Rick was still able to see all the problems with the OLine.  Simply Amazing!

I expect that Ryan will be handing out pink slips in the morning...or at least pay cuts.  I feel sorry for the new guys from the Bengal's Jungle Forum...getting canned after just a couple days is gonna suck!  I'm guessing some have families to support too.

:ph34r:

That being said, I'd love to see us pick up an OLine castaway or two...assuming there's anything worth grabbing.  Since several teams are looking for OLine talent I'm not holding my breath.

The line is terrible on the right side and we should definitely be looking to add someone. A thread for potential adds makes sense. 

RT Breno Giacomi was just cut by the Raiders. He started 16 games for the Texans last year

http://www.nfl.com/player/brenogiacomini/758/profile

According to pro football talk he is bad. 

I mean, I don't wish to be supporting Rick, but the notion that the priority needs to be ridding ourselves of Dalton in deference to fixing the offensive line issues is a pretty remedial and basic study in how the game of pigskin ball works. If there are any among us that see upgrading QB as a priority over offensive line, you may as well start figuring out which running back we should be targeting in round one because Mixon isn't cutting it. 

Seriously...I truly get the Dalton hate...but the problem with this offense is hardly ever JUST a Dalton matter. In fact, in rarely if ever is. 

29 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

The line is terrible on the right side and we should definitely be looking to add someone. A thread for potential adds makes sense. 

RT Breno Giacomi was just cut by the Raiders. He started 16 games for the Texans last year

http://www.nfl.com/player/brenogiacomini/758/profile

According to pro football talk he is bad. 

To follow up, those who watch our cap figures, after Geno and Dunlap's extensions, what kinda cheese can we spend and still let the Brown's line their pockets appropriately?

8 hours ago, Rick said:

Here is the problem.  O-line talent is down League Wide.  Anyone cut this weekend is not likely to be an upgrade over anyone we have.  Watch for them but don't expect anyone.  Teams won't be cutting good linemen.

8 hours ago, Rick said:

This might be the best post in message board history

8 hours ago, Rick said:

You do understand that we have no control over this team, right? Rallying for offensive line help, screaming for it from the highest mountain will not help. Shame on you for being too stupid to realize that and blame anybody that doesn't post how bad the OL is every single post for any problems the bengals will have during the season. I don't think there's anybody here that wouldn't welcome OL help. So unless you have some plan for how we can buy the team in the next 10 days and make some OL moves, you should just chill the fuck out. WE CAN'T DO SHIT!!!!

I used to think like Rick.  But after screaming for a coaching change after the failed To/Ocho/Quitter year and then again after the Chargers playoff game I just accept our fate.  If I really thought I could make a difference I would still be posting at MikeBrownSucks.com. 

Seriously, is anybody arguing that the OL couldn't be better than it is right now? I am no judge of OL play, but if Ced is still in on the final drive of the last pre-season game and not being effective, I will be aggravated if he is not cut. But I will wait a few days and see what the final OL looks like before I start blaming you guys for how bad it is.

6 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Bunch of quitters here Rick. I am so embarassed by the lack of effort from everyone here to fix this line.

Except for me. I offered repeatedly to run my fat ass out there and block, but they won't take me.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Seriously, is anybody arguing that the OL couldn't be better than it is right now? I am no judge of OL play, but if Ced is still in on the final drive of the last pre-season game and not being effective, I will be aggravated if he is not cut. But I will wait a few days and see what the final OL looks like before I start blaming you guys for how bad it is.

Ced is nothing more than backup fodder at this point. Granted if he plays we're in trouble but really, what do you expect from backups? Are we really arguing that our backup O linemen suck so the team will fail? Is that where we are?

7 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Ced is nothing more than backup fodder at this point. Granted if he plays we're in trouble but really, what do you expect from backups? Are we really arguing that our backup O linemen suck so the team will fail? Is that where we are?

That's where Rick is. I am being optimistic that even if the OL is the weak link that Lazor can make the offense work. 

12 hours ago, Rick said:

angry-typing-gif-5.gif

13 hours ago, Rick said:

Cocaine is a Helluva drug!

Archived