Jump to content

The Burfict Poll  

67 members have voted

  1. 1. In 2019 Vontaze Burfict will be

    • A Bengal
      22
    • Retired
      8
    • Cut
      30
    • Traded
      6


Recommended Posts

Discuss. 

 

What at do you think?  Does he retire because of concussion concerns? Cut outright?  Traded to the Raiders or Vikings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

He should have been cut after that wildcard game. That was the final straw imo. 

AB flops and Burfict should've been cut? And after he had a pick to put the game away. Only to have it fumbled away. Typical Catfish post.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted that he would be traded. I believe that he could be cut. I was a Burfict fan because our defense needed a little nasty. But this guy is either hurt or making a stupid decision that hurts the team anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Burfict era should come to a close, but not sure if that's next season or not. We have literally garbage at all LB spots behind Burfict and Vigil. Maybe after we draft some replacements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burfict was a shell of himself this past season.  If he wants to retire because of the concussions that is ok.  If he wants to play he needs to come to camp ready to play on day 1.  Not out of shape, no suspensions, etc.

If he can do that give him a chance.  Any less than that cut him. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Burfict was a shell of himself this past season.  If he wants to retire because of the concussions that is ok.  If he wants to play he needs to come to camp ready to play on day 1.  Not out of shape, no suspensions, etc.

If he can do that give him a chance.  Any less than that cut him. 

I 100% agree with you on this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hooky said:

AB flops and Burfict should've been cut? And after he had a pick to put the game away. Only to have it fumbled away. Typical Catfish post.

I wish that was a flop by AB. However it was not. It was a dirty cheap shot by our idiot MLB. Yeah he has more talent than the world however he is a class A fuck up. Aka a loser. That is why everyone skipped over him in the draft. He's a idiot hot head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Burfict was a shell of himself this past season.  If he wants to retire because of the concussions that is ok.  If he wants to play he needs to come to camp ready to play on day 1.  Not out of shape, no suspensions, etc.

If he can do that give him a chance.  Any less than that cut him. 

I agree with this too. It's one of the many unknowns surrounding this team. After watching him last season, between the league beatdowns and injuries, I really have no idea if he has anything left. It makes me sad to watch, but if he's a shell of his former bad self, we need to move on.

BTW.....he was the main reason we were in the driver's seat to win that nightmare of a stealer's playoff game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is on the team, I hope that means he earned it.  If he is not on the team, he is added to the long list of coulda, shoulda beens at LB.

 

I would love it if he earns it, but I certainly won’t be holding my breath for it.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HOF dan said:

I agree with this too. It's one of the many unknowns surrounding this team. After watching him last season, between the league beatdowns and injuries, I really have no idea if he has anything left. It makes me sad to watch, but if he's a shell of his former bad self, we need to move on.

BTW.....he was the main reason we were in the driver's seat to win that nightmare of a stealer's playoff game.

Yep Burfict and Ernest Byner played 59 minutes of exceptional football. Unfortunately the games last 60. 

 

Burfict hasn’t played more than 11 games in a season since 2013 and hasn’t played the first 3 games of the season for 3 years due to suspension. And it is ludicrous to pretend Bryant flopped considering he wasn’t allowed to play the next week because of the concussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

I wish that was a flop by AB. However it was not. It was a dirty cheap shot by our idiot MLB. Yeah he has more talent than the world however he is a class A fuck up. Aka a loser. That is why everyone skipped over him in the draft. He's a idiot hot head. 

I have to reluctantly agree after having the benefit of a few years to process and re-watch video. I think it was really more a case of "What the fuck?!?!?! What a FLOP by Brown, the Steelers are BAITING us!" as it happened in real time to destroy our tearful realization of our first playoff win since...forever. Then it....wasn't. It was ERASED. But Brown wasn't flopping, Burfict sent him home on the night-night bus and then we had fallout from our OTHER idiot defender that sealed the deal in that game talking about paying Brown a bet based on whether he could prove he was concussed or not. Jesus, I am glad that's gone, as talented and exciting as Jones was, especially as a PR.

 

2 hours ago, HOF dan said:

I agree with this too. It's one of the many unknowns surrounding this team. After watching him last season, between the league beatdowns and injuries, I really have no idea if he has anything left. It makes me sad to watch, but if he's a shell of his former bad self, we need to move on.

BTW.....he was the main reason we were in the driver's seat to win that nightmare of a stealer's playoff game.

I kinda feel like it's the end for him. Partly because his style of play is no longer welcome (imagine him healthy in the 1980's playing for the Giants and doing blow with LT right before going out there to kill) due to the rules, and because of health. Whatever the reasons are, he just looks like a guy out there now. A guy that can't tackle even anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$2M in dead money = Bengal in 2019.  

 

Because having a broken-down LB on the roster AND losing $2M is more acceptable than still losing $2M and not having a broken-down LB on your roster..  in Bengals FO math.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

$2M in dead money = Bengal in 2019.  

 

Because having a broken-down LB on the roster AND losing $2M is more acceptable than still losing $2M and not having a broken-down LB on your roster..  in Bengals FO math.  

That actually makes a lot of financial sense. Thanks! Will pass along your brilliant ideas to the Brown family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

That actually makes a lot of financial sense. Thanks! Will pass along your brilliant ideas to the Brown family. 

 

Also I'm sure that week-old leftover half burrito is still fine to eat.  It'd be like throwing money away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

Also I'm sure that week-old leftover half burrito is still fine to eat.  It'd be like throwing money away!

 

"I couldn't stay mad at you."

820574982_homersandwich.gif.175a486ac0ff44330dc10e467da166ca.gif

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that still baffles me to this day is how Marv was even able to look at those two after that wildcard game. Let alone bring um both back for another season. If I was in marvs shoes security would've been escorting both of them out of the stadium in their pads. I wouldn't even of let them in that locker room. After everything he did for them, they chit down his throat. 

Yeah they played great for 59 minutes and were a huge part of us being in the lead. Their antics erased all of that. It was all for nothing. I wasted my Saturday night to see them mentally fold in the final seconds and show the world why they played for the Bengals. Why they would be out of the league if not for Marv. 

The most embarrassing moment in BENGALS history. More embarrassing than our beloved Palmer demanding to be let go. More embarrassing than akili Smith playing like chit. Dalton's lil sissy interception on the goal line and breaking his finger trying to tackle is a moot point when compared. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we cut Burdock the Squeels will sign him before he clears out his locker and Andy is put on the endangered species

list until he goes extinct in the first quarter of the first meet up with them.  Probably in Pittsburgh.

And Collinsworth creams his jeans gushing about "good ol' Stiller footbawwwl".

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple logic that there are few bonafide LB's on the roster, would say that he should still be here. But since everything is mandated to be "fresh and new", even money is he won't be. That will probably depend on the DC, I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

The thing that still baffles me to this day is how Marv was even able to look at those two after that wildcard game. Let alone bring um both back for another season. If I was in marvs shoes security would've been escorting both of them out of the stadium in their pads. I wouldn't even of let them in that locker room. After everything he did for them, they chit down his throat. 

Yeah they played great for 59 minutes and were a huge part of us being in the lead. Their antics erased all of that. It was all for nothing. I wasted my Saturday night to see them mentally fold in the final seconds and show the world why they played for the Bengals. Why they would be out of the league if not for Marv. 

The most embarrassing moment in BENGALS history. More embarrassing than our beloved Palmer demanding to be let go. More embarrassing than akili Smith playing like chit. Dalton's lil sissy interception on the goal line and breaking his finger trying to tackle is a moot point when compared. 

lol.. you act like ole marv had any balls.

 

he never says anything to anyone..

 

Horrible call against the Bengals = shakes head and smiles like a dipshit

player makes a stupid play = clap and smiles like a dipshit

player gets a stupid penalty = clap clap and smiles like a dipshit

 

 

clap clap clap

 

thanks for the mid 2000's and bye 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

I wish that was a flop by AB. However it was not. It was a dirty cheap shot by our idiot MLB. Yeah he has more talent than the world however he is a class A fuck up. Aka a loser. That is why everyone skipped over him in the draft. He's a idiot hot head. 

He wasn't too fucked up to party and celebrate after the game and laugh about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The collision has been hyped as something Jack Tatum used to deliver. Having it happen directly in front of me, I can tell you it had all the violence of what my old football coach used to call "The impact of two marshmallows". AB did a flop that would make Larry Bird envious. After the non-call of this past Sunday, I continue to shake my head in disbelief at the continued inconsistencies of this league.  

 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The collision has been hyped as something Jack Tatum used to deliver. Having it happen directly in front of me, I can tell you it had all the violence of what my old football coach used to call "The impact of two marshmallows". AB did a flop that would make Larry Bird envious. After the non-call of this past Sunday, I continue to shake my head in disbelief at the continued inconsistencies of this league.  

 

   

That is just nonsense.  He targeted his head, knocked him out of the rest of the game and he WASN'T CLEARED by PITTPUKE doctors to play the next playoff game.  You really think the team doctors are going to sit their best offensive threat for a playoff game just to continue to pull the wool over Adam Jones' and Cincinnati Bengals fans?   If he were faking, he would of gone back in the next play just like an Argentinian Soccer player. 

 

It doesn't matter you saw it live, I saw it 35 times from 5 different angles at real time and in slow motion over the next 5 minutes. 

 

The cold hard fact is Burfict has been physically hurting HIMSELF since the day he arrived.  He has launched himself head first so many times I am surprise he and Ryan Shazier are not on the same wheelchair basketball team at the Y.  How many games did he miss this year due to SELF INFLICTED concussions?   He can't stay on the field and his play had digressed to the point that even when he in on the field he isn't very good.  He had 33 tackles in 7 games this year, 16 were solo.  He had 177 tackles, 115 of them solo in 2012 playing 16 games.  He is a shell of his former self. 

 

Jack Tatum missed 6 games his first 10 years due to injury.  Butkus missed 2 games his first 8 years.  These guys were not diving head first into every tackle.  They were smarter than that. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can give all of your multi-level analysis from the comfort of your TV, all you wish. My eyes (and ears for that matter) say it different. Having more than a few collisions on the field myself--I know what the sound of it is. 

 

He was up, smiling, and getting ready to trot off the field, when Joey Porter decided to "come out and check on (his) injured player". And, as far as "going back in for the next play"...there was no "next play"--other than the game-winning FG. 

 

Flop, plain and simple. Doesn't matter really--any more than game-killing non-calls for the Saints matter. The league will do what the league wants, and is the main reason why for many years I have ceased to look at it as a legitimate sport.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...