Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
AmishBengalFan

2020 Draft Order Tracker

Recommended Posts

With our loss at home to the Cardinals yesterday, the Bengals are now sitting in the #1 overall draft spot for 2020.

 

Yay?

 

... List is accurate thru 10/20/19 SNF.
1: MIA (0-6) SoS=0.485
2: CIN (0-7) SoS=0.540
3: WAS (1-6) SoS=0.549
4: ATL (1-6) SoS=0.608
5: NYJ (1-4) SoS=0.456
6: NYG (2-5) SoS=0.481 +3
7: LAC (2-5) SoS=0.500 +3
8: DEN (2-5) SoS=0.548 +4
9: CLE (2-4) SoS=0.476 -2
10: PIT (2-4) SoS=0.490 (Traded to MIA) -2
11: TBB (2-4) SoS=0.551 +2
12: DET (2-3-1) SoS=0.514 +7
13: JAX (3-4) SoS=0.457 -7
14: PHI (3-4) SoS=0.462 +7
15: TEN (3-4) SoS=0.514 -4
16: OAK (3-3) SoS=0.463 +6
17: ARI (3-3-1) SoS=0.538 -3
18: CHI (3-3) SoS=0.541 (Traded to OAK) +1
19: LAR (4-3) SoS=0.552 (Traded to JAX) -3
20: CAR (4-2) SoS=0.532

---playoff teams---
21: DAL (4-3) SoS=0.481 -6
22: HOU (4-3) SoS=0.528 (Traded to MIA) +2
23: IND (4-2) SoS=0.439 -6
24: BAL (5-2) SoS=0.466 -1
25: MIN (5-2) SoS=0.477
26: KCC (5-2) SoS=0.524
27: SEA (5-2) SoS=0.538 +3
28: BUF (5-1) SoS=0.373 -1
29: NOS (6-1) SoS=0.510
29: GBP (6-1) SoS=0.505 -1
31: NEP (6-0) SoS=0.392
32: SFF (6-0) SoS=0.500

 

Order is based on:

NON-PLAYOFF TEAMS select before PLAYOFF TEAMS

Worse records select before better records

If tied, worse strength schedule select before better strength of schedule

If still tied, division or conference tiebreakers are applied (if teams from same division/conference)

If still tied, coinflip

 

+# means the team moved UP # spots since the last update

-# means the team moved DOWN # spots since the last upate

 

As of 10/14, Strength of Schedule now includes records of all 16 opponents, including the records of teams not yet played.  This is to minimize the amount of fluctuation from week-to-week and is a truer indication of where that tiebreaker will fall when looking forward to the end of the season.  Will reset the UP/DOWN tracking as of this date and resume with next update.

 

Notes:

#1 = All teams from 21-32 are currently sitting in playoff spots.  They are ranked based on record/SoS right now, but their actual draft order will be based on the playoff round they exit in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It feels like old times. I get goose bumps thinking about how suffering through 2-14 will pay off with the next David Klingler, Dan Wilkinson, Ki-Jana Carter, Akili Smith, Peter Warrick, or Chris Perry pulling one of those gaudy jerseys over a pair of pads next August.  Now, if we can just start getting some players arrested again...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Bleeds Orange said:

It feels like old times. I get goose bumps thinking about how suffering through 2-14 will pay off with the next David Klingler, Dan Wilkinson, Ki-Jana Carter, Akili Smith, Peter Warrick, or Chris Perry pulling one of those gaudy jerseys over a pair of pads next August.  Now, if we can just start getting some players arrested again...

 

Ah... memories!   Invoking the name Chris Perry reminds me of that famous anagram......   Rips Cherry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

 

Ah... memories!   Invoking the name Chris Perry reminds me of that famous anagram......   Rips Cherry.

To this day I remember so well the reaction on the board by some anonymous poster....."Chris fuckin' Perry"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I was on a board called Bengals Huddle (?)  at the time of the Chris Perry draft.  Amish, you were on there, I'm pretty sure.  

 

Even though the Perry pick was awful, who else was in that draft that they could have had and that amounted to much?  Eli, Rivers, and The Rapist were already taken, and besides, they had The Quitter and didn't need a QB anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I think I was on a board called Bengals Huddle (?)  at the time of the Chris Perry draft.  Amish, you were on there, I'm pretty sure.  

 

Even though the Perry pick was awful, who else was in that draft that they could have had and that amounted to much?  Eli, Rivers, and The Rapist were already taken, and besides, they had The Quitter and didn't need a QB anyway.

Stephen Jackson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I think I was on a board called Bengals Huddle (?)  at the time of the Chris Perry draft.  Amish, you were on there, I'm pretty sure.  

 

Even though the Perry pick was awful, who else was in that draft that they could have had and that amounted to much?  Eli, Rivers, and The Rapist were already taken, and besides, they had The Quitter and didn't need a QB anyway.

Ah yes, the Huddles. SC and I found that practically empty place after leaving a dreary forum whose name escapes me at the moment. We became the largest group there, only to be overrun with Stealer trolls from their OWN huddle. The alleged admins of the place eventually banned both SC and me for having the audacity to fight back, and thus Bengals Jungle was formed.

 

But anywho, IIRC we traded down twice to get to the Perry pick. Stephen Jackson was by far the better RB, but Perry interested them because of his receiving skills. I think we passed up Vince Wolfork as well. 

 

Want to say that one of the extra picks was Keiwan Ratliff, but can't really recall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I think I was on a board called Bengals Huddle (?)  at the time of the Chris Perry draft.  Amish, you were on there, I'm pretty sure.  

 

Even though the Perry pick was awful, who else was in that draft that they could have had and that amounted to much?  Eli, Rivers, and The Rapist were already taken, and besides, they had The Quitter and didn't need a QB anyway.

WE had traded down a few spots, missed on Jackson then took Perry. It was quite laughable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason said:

Stephen Jackson

Was the 24th pick.  We picked 26th.  I still remember that pick.  Someone on the board I was on kept saying, "Please no big 10 running backs, please no big 10 running backs."  I wanted Chris Gamble who had an ok career.  We picked up Deltha O'Neal that year so it didn't happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SF2 said:

Was the 24th pick.  We picked 26th.  I still remember that pick.  Someone on the board I was on kept saying, "Please no big 10 running backs, please no big 10 running backs."  I wanted Chris Gamble who had an ok career.  We picked up Deltha O'Neal that year so it didn't happen.

 

I think we traded back for another pick after Deltha. Had we stayed at the pick we got for him we could have taken Jackson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Ah yes, the Huddles. SC and I found that practically empty place after leaving a dreary forum whose name escapes me at the moment. We became the largest group there, only to be overrun with Stealer trolls from their OWN huddle. The alleged admins of the place eventually banned both SC and me for having the audacity to fight back, and thus Bengals Jungle was formed.

 

But anywho, IIRC we traded down twice to get to the Perry pick. Stephen Jackson was by far the better RB, but Perry interested them because of his receiving skills. I think we passed up Vince Wolfork as well. 

 

Want to say that one of the extra picks was Keiwan Ratliff, but can't really recall. 

Fanhome was the site that got overrun by Squeeler trolls. 

 

And IIRC, you and I were watching that draft together when they picked Chrissie Perry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think we traded back for another pick after Deltha. Had we stayed at the pick we got for him we could have taken Jackson. 

Confirmed. We sent 17 to Denver for Deltha, and 24, then sent 24 to St Louis for 26 and a 4 that I think we used for Geathers. Rams took Jackson and we took Perry. 
 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_NFL_Draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Confirmed. We sent 17 to Denver for Deltha, and 24, then sent 24 to St Louis for 26 and a 4 that I think we used for Geathers. Rams took Jackson and we took Perry. 
 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_NFL_Draft

That would have been a brilliant move if we stayed with the 24 and picked up Jackson and Deltha.  Geathers ended up being a pretty good player for a 4th rounder but not nearly good enough to make up for Perry.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

Fanhome was the site that got overrun by Squeeler trolls. 

 

And IIRC, you and I were watching that draft together when they picked Chrissie Perry. 

Yes we were--and IIRC it was at the Pub in Gahanna. How's that for irony? 

 

Fanhome-that was the place. They had their crossover yahoos too, but it was just insufferably boring there. Our group was the largest one there too. 

 

But Huddles was where the Stealer invaders were the worst. I recall some guy from Canada--had this stupid avatar:  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk-WDu5nCOyqFcSNXyHV0

 

He and I went round and round--along with their erstwhile "moderator" BleedsBlackandGold or some damn thing. When I and a few others dared to go into their Huddle, she complained to the admins that we were "harassing" them. I got tossed. SC complained loudly, and he got tossed. Right then, he said "piss on this" and Bengals Jungle came into existence.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

He and I went round and round--along with their erstwhile "moderator" BleedsBlackandGold or some damn thing. When I and a few others dared to go into their Huddle, she complained to the admins that we were "harassing" them. I got tossed. SC complained loudly, and he got tossed. Right then, he said "piss on this" and Bengals Jungle came into existence.  

SheBleedsMonthly got a few of us thrown.  That and the Saints owner who allowed the over run to happen.  Whodey.Us was another spin off (started by Cutley).   Cutley had excellent computer skills and it showed.  The best of all that has gone before exists right here right now.  Thanks to Go, Elf, and many others who make it work.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jason said:

Confirmed. We sent 17 to Denver for Deltha, and 24, then sent 24 to St Louis for 26 and a 4 that I think we used for Geathers. Rams took Jackson and we took Perry. 
 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_NFL_Draft

Oh, don't get me started on players we passed up in drafts to pick the ones we did.  Hell, all you have to do is go back to our first ever draft after the 1967 season and scroll down the pages to see the Hall Of Famers we didn't know to take.  Hindsight is better than 20-20, of course, but instead of taking Bob Johnson we could've had Larry Csonka in the first round.... and the rest might have been history:

 

Linky:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_NFL/AFL_Draft

 

We drafted 1C, 7DB, 1DE, 2DT, 2G, 8LB, 3OT, 1PK, 2QB, 7RB, 3TE and 4WR (41 picks!)  

 

Possible Bengal picks to get the same roster shape:

1-2 Larry Csonka (RB) (MIA 1-8) *
2-28 Ken Stabler (QB) (OAK 2-52) *
2-55 Elvin Bethea (DE) (HOU 3-77) *
3-56 Art Shell (DT) (OAK 3-80) *
3-82 Paul Robinson (RB) (CIN 3-82) +
3-83 Jim Kiick (RB) (MIA 5-118) +
4-84 Jess Phillips (DB) (CIN 4-84)
4-109 Cecil Turner (WR) (CHI 5-127) +
5-112 Blaine Nye (OT) (DAL 5-130) +
5-138 Al Beauchamp (LB) (CIN 5-138)
6-139 Howard Fest (OT) (CIN 6-139)
6-143 Bill Kindricks (DT) (CIN 6-143)
6-145 John Neidert (LB) (CIN 6-145)
6-155 Bobby Webb (C) (LAR 6-161)
6-156 Essex Johnson (DB) (CIN 6-156)
6-158 D.D. Lewis (LB) (DAL 6-159)
6-160 Rick Eber (WR) (ATL 6-162)
6-163 Charles Williams (RB) (CIN 6-163)
6-165 Jim Johnson (DB) (CIN 6-165)
7-166 Gene Howard (DB) (NOS 7-175)
7-192 Jim Richards (DB) (NYJ 8-210)
8-193 Harry Gunner (LB) (CIN 9-193)
8-219 Mike Donohoe (TE) (MIN 9-225)
9-220 Ocie Austin (DB) (BAL 10-257)
9-246 Henry Davis (LB) (NYG 11-288)
10-247 Harmon Wages (RB) (ATL UFA)
10-273 Harold Jackson (WR) (LAR 12-323)
11-274 John Dockery (DB) (NYJ UFA)
11-300 Wayne Colman (LB) (PHI UFA)
12-301 Bob Trumpy (TE) (CIN 12-301) +
12-327 Billy Van Heusen (WR) (DEN UFA)
13-328 Bill Peterson (LB) (CIN UFA)
13-354 Teddy Washington (RB) (CIN 13-354)
14-355 Marlin Briscoe (QB) (DEN 14-357) +
14-381 Manny Fernandez (MIA UFA)
15-382 Robert Wells (OT) (SDC 15-403)
15-408 Errol Mann (PK) (GBP UFA)
16-409 Woody Peoples (G) (SFF UFA) *
16-435 Grady Allen (LB) (ATL UFA)
17-436 Tony Baker (RB) (NOS UFA) *
17-462 Jimmy Smith (TE) (CIN 17-462)

 

* Hall Of Famer

+ Pro Bowler

 

The Bengals drafted 41 players, only 19 of which were on the roster when the season began.  Of the 41 players shown above, the first 40 were all rostered in the AFL/NFL when the season began.  The only player whom I am drafting that was cut was Jimmy Smith, and that's because as Mr. Irrelevant 1968, there were no players drafted after him.  I also could find no undrafted free agent (UFA) TEs who made any 1968 rosters, so I kept Jimmy on the list.   Every player I'm listing was available to be selected when that specific Cincinnati pick was "up".  I also stuck with picking as many original 1968 Bengal draftees (who made the team) as I could, but not until after I grabbed as many Hall Of Famers as possible - that's why Bob Johnson didn't make it and we ended up drafting the Rams' Bobby Webb at 6-155 as our starting Center.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They needed more scouts...and an indoor practice facility. Plus a real General Manager. Did some guy named Paul Brown make all those picks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Please don't post stuff like this.  Next thing you know, the team's game plan for the 2020 draft will be to trade away all the talent that we do have to acquire 41 draft picks...from which we'll end up with 19 acceptable players.

 

:rabbitwithapancakeonitshead:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't we buy a DeLorean and FluxCapacitor and use it on Draft Days? 

 

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cricket said:

 

Please don't post stuff like this.  Next thing you know, the team's game plan for the 2020 draft will be to trade away all the talent that we do have to acquire 41 draft picks...from which we'll end up with 19 acceptable players.

 

:rabbitwithapancakeonitshead:

 

But that is 10 more than we have now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of 10/14, Strength of Schedule now includes records of all 16 opponents, including the records of teams not yet played.  This is to minimize the amount of fluctuation from week-to-week and is a truer indication of where that tiebreaker will fall when looking forward to the end of the season.  Will reset the UP/DOWN tracking as of this date and resume with next update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...