Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thought this warranted its own thread..   What's going on with this guy?  I know he was hurt earlier this season, his daughter was born a few weeks early but that was over a month ago.. Apparently he's only been playing about 1/3rd of the snaps when he's been active.

 

I'm wondering if the team maybe didn't make a deal with him to limit his exposure to injury and trade him after the season in return for him toeing the line for now & not going the Dunlap route.  Is this a case of another guy being written off as washed up because he doesn't fit Anyrando's crayon-drawn "scheme"?

 

He essentially disappeared and I can't believe it's because he just sucks now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Bengals donated something like $12M to the Atkins family

He sprained his "f-this" ligament is his Taylor bone. Apparently recovery has been slow.

And the fact the coaches are letting him play thru on a 2 win team is just another indictment of this coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, Montana Bengal said:

If I remember correctly.  Had an injury and decided to play through instead of getting surgery.  Probably should have gotten surgery.  @GoBengals is that correct?

Yeah, I can't remember seeing anything official anywhere, but Ryan/GB has mentioned a couple times now that Geno is still injured and trying to play thru the season.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Yeah, I can't remember seeing anything official anywhere, but Ryan/GB has mentioned a couple times now that Geno is still injured and trying to play thru the season.

 

He sprained his "f-this" ligament is his Taylor bone. Apparently recovery has been slow.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Yeah, I can't remember seeing anything official anywhere, but Ryan/GB has mentioned a couple times now that Geno is still injured and trying to play thru the season.

 

And the fact the coaches are letting him play thru on a 2 win team is just another indictment of this coaching staff. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2020 at 9:25 AM, SF2 said:

And the fact the coaches are letting him play thru on a 2 win team is just another indictment of this coaching staff. 

Im thinking Geno has a good chance of making 0 tackes this year..

Hes just a body out there now..

Nothing more..

Good luck to him someplace else next year...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

why would he do that?

He hasnt helped the team or himself by this bad decision..

Oh well ..hes allmost gone now..

 

Well, he was injured in preseason.

Came back, was unhappy about his reduced role. Started getting 10-14 snaps a game.

Missed a game for "personal reasons" that we were assured was not injury related. Still missing.

He's letting the shoulder heal with rest and looking forward to either playing for a new coach or team next year. If you think it's anything other.... Ok.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Well, he was injured in preseason.

Came back, was unhappy about his reduced role. Started getting 10-14 snaps a game.

Missed a game for "personal reasons" that we were assured was not injury related. Still missing.

He's letting the shoulder heal with rest and looking forward to either playing for a new coach or team next year. If you think it's anything other.... Ok.

 

“Personal reasons” means his wife had their baby 5 weeks early.

 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/11/18/21574053/geno-atkins-birth-daughter-bengals-news

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see him retire with dignity as a Bengal after the season.

 

If you look at our IR and Covid year off players as well

as what we have now, that's going to be a nice pool to choose

from and start with going into next year.

 

Sewell + a high second and third round pick and

the above, a healthy Joe and things could look 

better quick.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The Bengals donated something like $12M to the Atkins family

 

WDYM "donated"?  He was arguably the best player at his position for years.  

 

So either he suddenly just sucks, or maybe our DC Anyrando is entirely fucking clueless & nobody really wants to play for this dogshit team.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Zero pressures, regardless of his past and the shit DC, old Geno has been given free money this year

 

Strongly suspect "old Geno" would look like his regular self on a different team.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

from what i recall the injury gave him two options:

 

1. get surgery in offseason and be out for sure through several weeks of the season

2. let it heel and play in season while rebuilding the strength

 

he isnt at any further risk by playing. 

 

also as for production, like a qb without receivers, a rb without a line, a CB without a pass rush, a lone DT with virtually no talent around him isnt going to do much, especially at like 70-80% strength, you could be right, he may ahve lost a step and been hurt, but we wont know until next year i dont think. but if we arent going to have anyone around him next year either, he probably wont be too product either way.

 

and with a $5+mil cap hit to release him next year, id imagine he will be back to see if there is any tread on the tires after an offseason of full recovery.

 

he may be worth the cash as a veteran leader on defense if nothing else. you kind of need one at each level, bates and be that guy in the defensive backfield, then atkins on DL, need wilson to step up next year probably for that role with the linebackers.

 

i can appreciate that atkins is being an adult and a pro regardless of whats going on on the field or went down with dunlap.

dunlap and his piece of shit father can suck my asshole.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GoBengals said:

from what i recall the injury gave him two options:

 

1. get surgery in offseason and be out for sure through several weeks of the season

2. let it heel and play in season while rebuilding the strength

 

he isnt at any further risk by playing. 

 

also as for production, like a qb without receivers, a rb without a line, a CB without a pass rush, a lone DT with virtually no talent around him isnt going to do much, especially at like 70-80% strength, you could be right, he may ahve lost a step and been hurt, but we wont know until next year i dont think. but if we arent going to have anyone around him next year either, he probably wont be too product either way.

 

and with a $5+mil cap hit to release him next year, id imagine he will be back to see if there is any tread on the tires after an offseason of full recovery.

 

he may be worth the cash as a veteran leader on defense if nothing else. you kind of need one at each level, bates and be that guy in the defensive backfield, then atkins on DL, need wilson to step up next year probably for that role with the linebackers.

 

i can appreciate that atkins is being an adult and a pro regardless of whats going on on the field or went down with dunlap.

dunlap and his piece of shit father can suck my asshole.

 

 

 

Lol....ok...a little misplaced hate. Show me on the doll where the bad man hurt you. Why are you upset with Dunlap and his dad, because they told the truth?

 

Blaming Dunlap for forcing his way out of this dumpster fire of a franchise is odd, to say the least. Do you have the same ire for the people who are responsible for state of the franchise, or just the franchise leader in sacks.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

 

Lol....ok...a little misplaced hate. Show me on the doll where the bad man hurt you. Why are you upset with Dunlap and his dad, because they told the truth?

 

Blaming Dunlap for forcing his way out of this dumpster fire of a franchise is odd, to say the least. Do you have the same ire for the people who are responsible for state of the franchise, or just the franchise leader in sacks.

I don’t remember the same hate when Carson acted like a Professional.  If I recall, Palmer was given a pass because “hillbillies” threw trash on his yard and for dragging us out of the dark ages for a little while.   In fact, here are the exact quotes:

 

 

“also, pamer shouldnt be going anywhere...

having another QB murdered back there isnt going to fix anything..

but the stupid fucking white trash in cincinnati heckling his family and throwing shit on his lawn makes me wonder if he wants anything to do with that hellhole.

fucking hillbillies”

 

And:

If Carson leaves after this year I would thank him for helping take this team out of dungeon (for a while anyways) and giving us a few very fun seasons, wish him the best of luck, and move on.”

 

I would think Go would have more sympathy for a black man like Dunlap playing for a team surrounded by hillbillies. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I don’t remember the same hate when Carson acted like a Professional.  If I recall, Palmer was given a pass because “hillbillies” threw trash on his yard and for dragging us out of the dark ages for a little while.   In fact, here are the exact quotes:

 

 

“also, pamer shouldnt be going anywhere...

having another QB murdered back there isnt going to fix anything..

but the stupid fucking white trash in cincinnati heckling his family and throwing shit on his lawn makes me wonder if he wants anything to do with that hellhole.

fucking hillbillies”

 

And:

If Carson leaves after this year I would thank him for helping take this team out of dungeon (for a while anyways) and giving us a few very fun seasons, wish him the best of luck, and move on.”

 

I would think Go would have more sympathy for a black man like Dunlap playing for a team surrounded by hillbillies. 

 

 

“Palmer was given a pass...” ???

 

...by whom?  :shrug:

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...