Jump to content

Undrafted Free Agent Signings + Rumours


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Yes, it's different - but I didn't think starting a whole separate thread made sense.


I wasn’t questioning why it was in this thread.  I just wanted confirmation (or a refuting) that another team could still sign him away.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

The Texans are SO incompetent. I still cannot believe, when we were about to waive Finley, that they gave us one of their early sixths for one of our sevenths. We got like 28 places of improved draft position. Drafted Chris Evans in that spot. For a guy that was clearly gonna clear waivers and that Houston could have signed without forfeiting 28 places of draft position late in the draft. Who they now cut. I mean, good lord. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, membengal said:

The Texans are SO incompetent. I still cannot believe, when we were about to waive Finley, that they gave us one of their early sixths for one of our sevenths. We got like 28 places of improved draft position. Drafted Chris Evans in that spot. For a guy that was clearly gonna clear waivers and that Houston could have signed without forfeiting 28 places of draft position late in the draft. Who they now cut. I mean, good lord. 

 

They're run by a moron and a charlatan,  the results are expected.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, membengal said:

The Texans are SO incompetent. I still cannot believe, when we were about to waive Finley, that they gave us one of their early sixths for one of our sevenths. We got like 28 places of improved draft position. Drafted Chris Evans in that spot. For a guy that was clearly gonna clear waivers and that Houston could have signed without forfeiting 28 places of draft position late in the draft. Who they now cut. I mean, good lord. 

And to replace Ryan Finley, they signed Jeff Driskel. :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

And to replace Ryan Finley, they signed Jeff Driskel. :)

I am still laughing at the sequence.  NO ONE was gonna claim Finley in the first instance - there was no need for them to trade for him.  None of it makes any sense. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, membengal said:

I am still laughing at the sequence.  NO ONE was gonna claim Finley in the first instance - there was no need for them to trade for him.  None of it makes any sense. 

 

Everything they've done for at least two, maybe three seasons is really strange... basically gutting the team on a constant basis.  The only comparisons I can draw are teams that purposely tank/trade talent for financial reasons (Timberwolves, Marlins) or teams that desperately want to move to another city and if they show enough "bleed" they get their wish (VANCOUVER Grizzlies)...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, membengal said:

The Texans are SO incompetent. I still cannot believe, when we were about to waive Finley, that they gave us one of their early sixths for one of our sevenths. We got like 28 places of improved draft position. Drafted Chris Evans in that spot. For a guy that was clearly gonna clear waivers and that Houston could have signed without forfeiting 28 places of draft position late in the draft. Who they now cut. I mean, good lord. 

Actually, they never used our 7th round pick and packaged it to move up or to get a 5th round pick and move up from their 6th pick they gave us.  They picked a LB Wallow for this round and pick.  We shall see if that pick was incompetent or not compared to our 6th of RB Evans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope. They didn't need to do any of that. NO ONE was going to snake Finley from them, and they didn't need to bleed 28 spots to get him. Only to cut him. just, stop. That was all-time Texans incompetence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Cincinnati Bengals added to the roster again on Wednesday, this time using the waiver wire to add linebacker Joe Bachie.

Bachie, formerly a Michigan State standout, went undrafted last year and spent the season with the New Orleans Saints and Philadelphia Eagles, appearing in four pro games.

The Bengals have plenty of young talent at linebacker as the remade position looks to go from a weakness to a strength. :13: But adding Bachie now speaks to how highly the team felt about him after the 2020 draft.

If nothing else, it’s a low-risk move for a Bengals team ready to have immense competitions across the roster this summer.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Did we not pick up any LB's as undrafted free agents?

They announced Ossai can you see by the dawn's early light as a linebacker when they picked him.

Maybe they are considering some of the tweener edges as LB's.

But got this guy over Bynes... says something about Bynes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be fair…how do we really have any idea about the LBs considering the DL they were playing behind last year? I mean they were bringing guys off the street and then plugging them into start the same week. Hard to evaluate your LBs in that type of situation, IMO. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, membengal said:

Nope. They didn't need to do any of that. NO ONE was going to snake Finley from them, and they didn't need to bleed 28 spots to get him. Only to cut him. just, stop. That was all-time Texans incompetence. 

It went over your head.  Finley was a supposedly bonus, but it didn’t work out, but they finagled their move back moving up no matter what you think.  Texans incompetence?  They whoop the Bengals arse all the time.  😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, spicoli said:

To be fair…how do we really have any idea about the LBs considering the DL they were playing behind last year? I mean they were bringing guys off the street and then plugging them into start the same week. Hard to evaluate your LBs in that type of situation, IMO. 


So, now they are bringing LBs off the street.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

It went over your head.  Finley was a supposedly bonus, but it didn’t work out, but they finagled their move back moving up no matter what you think.  Texans incompetence?  They whoop the Bengals arse all the time.  😂 

you are a moron. Only you could turn the Texans burning 28 draft spots to get a guy they could have had for nothing and then cutting him into an example of Houston's competence. What a fucking asswipe dumbass poster you are. You know what those oh-so-savvy Texans COULD have done? NOT fucked away 28 places of draft position on a guy they could have gotten after he cleared waivers (who they cut a month later anyway) and instead have stayed put and used their pick in the sixth round to move even higher up in the draft if that was their particular choice of tea. But, hey, any chance you can get as a franchise to set fire to draft spots for a guy non one else wanted only to cut him a month later, you totally got to do that. Savvy shit there. 

 

Nevertheless, that will be the last time I respond to your batshit insane self-loathing trolling. Off to the phantom zone with you.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...