Jaguars week

You can’t judge anyone after 3 games in the NFL  particularly a #5 pick.  

The #5 pick needs to end up being re-signed after year 3 for a shit ton of money to be successful.  

BTW, there are plenty of recent early round Bengals draft choices who had very good rookie years then went downhill.

Odell Thurmond

Tyler Eifert

Keith Rivers

Jeremy Hill

Chris Henry

11 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The #5 pick needs to end up being re-signed after year 3 for a shit ton of money to be successful.  

BTW, there are plenty of recent early round Bengals draft choices who had very good rookie years then went downhill.

Odell Thurmond

Tyler Eifert

Keith Rivers

Jeremy Hill

Chris Henry

what about William Jackson?  Wasn't his rookie year the best year he had in Cincinnati?

David Pollack too.  Although injury related.

31 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Odell Thurmond

Tyler Eifert

Keith Rivers

Jeremy Hill

Chris Henry

Odell had issues.

Rivers was passive after his collision

Eifert was banged up too much

Hills fumble was his doomday plus having a shitline didnt help ..

Chris Henry was also a headcase..

Since ZT took over hes drafted alot of team captains and high character players..

It does nake a difference longterm..

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Odell had issues.

Rivers was passive after his collision

Eifert was banged up too much

Hills fumble was his doomday plus having a shitline didnt help ..

Chris Henry was also a headcase..

Since ZT took over hes drafted alot of team captains and high character players..

It does nake a difference longterm..

I agree about the high character guys.  

24 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

what about William Jackson?  Wasn't his rookie year the best year he had in Cincinnati?

David Pollack too.  Although injury related.

Like I said, you just don’t know what you are going to get. The nature of NFL football and new found money  has so many ways to end your career early. 

Chase looks great so far! 

40 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Like I said, you just don’t know what you are going to get. The nature of NFL football and new found money  has so many ways to end your career early. 

Chase looks great so far! 

Yes he does..

What a talented trio we have right now...

Just protect JB and maybe we have a hellava year..

6 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

You guys all know the draft grades are SUBJECTIVE. The great draft pundit Mayock has drafted shit for the Raiders. Not saying Carmen was a good pick but this has to all play out. If he becomes a good starting guard in year one that is a solid solid pick in my mind and not over drafted at all. 

So what?  It doesn't matter what round Carman was drafted in at this point.  If he turns out to be a good player it was a good pick.

At the time of the draft he was a third round player which is why the Bengals knew they could trade down, get a pick and know he would still be on the board late in the second.  The original point is the Bengals didn't put much effort into improving the middle of their offensive line in the offseason. 

12 hours ago, SF2 said:

Odell Thurmond

Tyler Eifert

Keith Rivers

Jeremy Hill

Chris Henry

Pretty much all of those players declined due to injury. 

As for re-signing, a #1 pick is controlled for 7 yrs. 4 yr contract + option year + 2 yrs of franchise tags

11 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

So what?  It doesn't matter what round Carman was drafted in at this point.  If he turns out to be a good player it was a good pick.

At the time of the draft he was a third round player which is why the Bengals knew they could trade down, get a pick and know he would still be on the board late in the second.  The original point is the Bengals didn't put much effort into improving the middle of their offensive line in the offseason. 

Who says he was a third round player? This is the point. Every team draft board is vastly different based on many factors. I agree with you that is does not matter where he was picked, my comments were for those who keep claiming he was a reach at 2nd round. 

And I agree the team did not put enough effort into the OL pre-draft. Would have liked to see a high value guard at least and then all the same OL draft picks. 

38 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Orange tops and white pants tomorrow

Just took a pic of my Number 5 Higgins jersey and it is too big to fit in here.  Dang!  It's really sweet.

Anyway, if anyone going to the game, mem or any of the regulars from the board, see me in

the orange 5 Higgins, come up and say Hi.

My son will have his black Number 5 Higgins.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Just took a pic of my Number 5 Higgins jersey and it is too big to fit in here.  Dang!  It's really sweet.

Anyway, if anyone going to the game, mem or any of the regulars from the board, see me in

the orange 5 Higgins, come up and say Hi.

My son will have his black Number 5 Higgins.

Have a blast Harry..

3 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Looks like they will be without Bates and Awuzie. Not ideal. Pass rush will need to really bring it and the offense will need to be sharp without Higgins. Get this win and then they've got 10 days to get healthy.

Im seriously thinking the interior pressure theyre displaying is no fluke..

Gotta help to  box in a QB for a possible sack..

I think Lawrence is in for a long day..

9 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Who says he was a third round player? This is the point. Every team draft board is vastly different based on many factors. I agree with you that is does not matter where he was picked, my comments were for those who keep claiming he was a reach at 2nd round. 

And I agree the team did not put enough effort into the OL pre-draft. Would have liked to see a high value guard at least and then all the same OL draft picks. 

If you give any credence to pre-draft evaluations he was.  Go look at the websites evaluation of Carman before the draft.  The fact that the Bengals traded down confirms it.  They knew they were drafting higher than most teams evaluated Carman.  Coming off of back surgery that shouldn't be a surprise.  At this point it doesn't matter.

Unfortunately, we were talking about the priority the Bengals put into improving the interior offensive line.  In that case it matters. 

Archived