Jump to content

Critically assessing Zac Taylor ?


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, High School Harry said:

 Is he too much of a players coach and needs to get in someone's ass? 

 

One comment was the coach wants to talk to La'Eel and he doesn't even stop running.

Zac chases him.

If that had been Forrest Greg chasing him, Forrest would have stomped his fat ass when he caught him

Paul Brown would have let him keep running right out of the stadium and on with his life's work.

 

Devil's Advocate Harry sez with all of Zac's poor calls a bit better execution of them would have us at 5-0.

Zac's not blowing assignments at the ORT or watching people run around him at OLT or, for that matter, is

Zac a tight end defending specialist named Flowers who let a guy have a career night being out of position.

 

 

 

 

Yeah Collins has been pretty bad and not all of it is injury related.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

 

Not at all convinced the team will do that.  There's a history of not firing/cutting people - players or coaches - until after at least 2 solid years of everyone outside the building screaming for it to happen while they continue to dig themselves into a hole.

 

Let's see how far this "new Bengals" stuff actually carries...

 

 

I'm not convinced they will either TBH. But the Eagles HC last year was also doing playcalling this year they got a real OC and the results are they are the only undefeated team left.

My question is Callahan doesnt call the plays, what exactly as OC does he do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:


My question is Callahan doesnt call the plays, what exactly as OC does he do?

 

 

Designs reverse WR passes? (not a flea-flicker btw, that's when a RB fakes a run then laterals back to the QB)

 

Game plans WR's crack blocking on DE's? 

 

Yeah, IDK. Maybe he really hates WR's?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2022 at 10:16 AM, UncleEarl said:


They gave it to Taylor who had never done it successfully.  

 

you mean the guy who playcalled us to the superbowl 8 months and 2 days ago? yea he sucks obviously try a new guy whos never done it, should not be a single hiccup. 

 

worst fanbase in all of sports.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GoBengals said:

 

you mean the guy who playcalled us to the superbowl 8 months and 2 days ago? yea he sucks obviously try a new guy whos never done it, should not be a single hiccup. 

 

worst fanbase in all of sports.


You are making my point.  When they hired Taylor he had called plays temporarily for Miami,  (Unsuccessfully) and UC. (Unsuccessfully).  
 

You might want to read, and think, a little deeper. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frequent lurker, but rarely a poster here, but…

 

The offense did score the go ahead touchdown, didn’t they?  Not sure I have a problem with the play calling OVERALL.

 

The defense has been OUTSTANDING in the second half of the games played this season, but I was disappointed with the final drive that resulted in a field goal.  It seemed like they ran the ball right down the field on us.

 

Let’s go get Andy and the Saints this Sunday!  We’re overdue to make him look like the Andy we all know and “love”!

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:


You are making my point.  When they hired Taylor he had called plays temporarily for Miami,  (Unsuccessfully) and UC. (Unsuccessfully).  
 

You might want to read, and think, a little deeper. 

 

 

Except he had called plays, regardless of if he was good at it or not. 

 

Callahan has never done that. It would be an entirely unknown.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mojo said:

Frequent lurker, but rarely a poster here, but…

 

The offense did score the go ahead touchdown, didn’t they?  Not sure I have a problem with the play calling OVERALL.

 

The defense has been OUTSTANDING in the second half of the games played this season, but I was disappointed with the final drive that resulted in a field goal.  It seemed like they ran the ball right down the field on us.

 

Let’s go get Andy and the Saints this Sunday!  We’re overdue to make him look like the Andy we all know and “love”!

 

Said it before but whatever  Lou's

adjustments are has kept them close in every game..

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2022 at 3:01 PM, GoBengals said:

 

worst fanbase in all of sports.


Why do you feel the need to slander all Bengal fans (a group that includes almost all posters in this Forum) because of the thoughts of a few?  

:shrug: 

 

 

 

Edit: Before you answer, please be sure to see that I have offered you a solution to your spreadsheet issue.  :26:

 

 


 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every fan base is the worst. If there wasn’t constant bellyaching, it would mean that the respective teams were winning 100% of everything 100% of the time. 
 

And, even then, the bellyaching would continue (see: average Ohio State football fan ) 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

And slow starts and coming out flat have been killing them.

yes i agree, but they seem to be able to make half time adjustments that work and have us in it until the last drive,   compared to with marvin lewis, have a good opening gameplan but be able to make no adjustment or a bad one at halftime, and clearly be out coached the 2n

d half.. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2022 at 11:10 AM, High School Harry said:

Or Pollock.

Or maybe they are not nearly as good as we were led to believe.

I mean, I certainly believed in them.

Harry they gave about 16mil between Cappa and Karras..

We expected more but they're average players.

We have a raw ass rook that's learning OTJ and he's had issues everywhere..

 

Williams and Collins  are playing bad..

Maybe Collins was damaged goods with the back issue..

Im hoping Addeniji can handle the pass rush at his natural position.

 

Its a problem that seems to never go away..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

That’s rubbish. They are anything but “average”. Ask Belicheck and Brady what they think of them. 

Both were part of good olines.

They didn't standout.

Why the hell u think we got them on the cheap.

They contribute to a good line.

We dont have one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2022 at 8:50 PM, Jamie_B said:

 

 

Except he had called plays, regardless of if he was good at it or not. 

 

Callahan has never done that. It would be an entirely unknown.

 

I understand that, and never said otherwise.  Unknown vs. known, but bad.  Not a slam dunk there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Both were part of good olines.

They didn't standout.

Why the hell u think we got them on the cheap.

They contribute to a good line.

We dont have one.

 

Both are still massive upgrades over Hopkins (who no one else even cared to sign) and Adjenii.  The issues have been the tackles, IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Every fan base is the worst. If there wasn’t constant bellyaching, it would mean that the respective teams were winning 100% of everything 100% of the time. 
 

And, even then, the bellyaching would continue (see: average Ohio State football fan ) 

 

 

I mean this is a message board about a NFL team.  What shall we talk about?  How much we love all of them? 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2022 at 9:35 AM, UncleEarl said:

 

I mean this is a message board about a NFL team.  What shall we talk about?  How much we love all of them? 

 

 

Reading message boards of all varieties--and in may sports--they do all fit the bill. It is the fickleness which is both interesting and baffling. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2022 at 9:35 AM, UncleEarl said:

 

I mean this is a message board about a NFL team.  What shall we talk about?  How much we love all of them? 

 

 

 

Nope not at all, be critical, but I would hope especially after making the Superbowl last year that not everything has to be critical. i would hope seeing the team do the right thigs, like a practice bubble and naming rights and signing players gives people a reason to be excited and says they are excited. I'd like to think we can at least be a little more ballanced these days.

 

I will say this though because I want tibor to see it. All he does is show up when it's time to be critical and shit on the team past players, never during the times where the team is doing the right things.

 

Which is why I get immense pleasure out of being the one to ensure his stupid little thread died. I hope it bothers him in the deepest part of his soul that's gone.  :)

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

 

Nope not at all, be critical, but I would hope especially after making the Superbowl last year that not everything has to be critical. i would hope seeing the team do the right thigs, like a practice bubble and naming rights and signing players gives people a reason to be excited and says they are excited. I'd like to think we can at least be a little more ballanced these days.

 

I will say this though because I want tibor to see it. All he does is show up when it's time to be critical and shit on the team past players, never during the times where the team is doing the right things.

 

Which is why I get immense pleasure out of being the one to ensure his stupid little thread died. I hope it bothers him in the deepest part of his soul that's gone.  :)

 

 

I enjoy discussing the good and bad of the team.  That often involves being critical of even good players and coaches.  I agree that the organization seems to have turned a corner and is doing a lot of the right things.  I'm a big fan of Zac Taylor the head coach.  I'm not a fan of Zac Taylor the offensive coordinator/play caller. 

 

I'll really never understand the hatred for Tibor.  It's a shtick!  It's intended to be funny.  I can understand that some may not get or enjoy the humor, but the hatred sent his way baffles me.  Just ignore it.  As far as yesterday's show of Tibor going off on past players, you can blame me and a few other old timers from another board.  We goaded him into it because we wanted a laugh and some nostalgia from the past.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...