* Bills @ Bengals - GameDay Thread *

1 hour ago, CincyInDC said:

Notable top donors (real donations but possibly made up names):

image.png.9e7508b9390b2d973123df5cda46c1b2.png

image.png.a427a086342b4a3a77ade6581aeb7c62.png

image.png.c4728cfb8c5bc2e1f34647ca9055dee4.png

I don’t care much for Kraft and the Patriots, but I love that his/their donation is for $18,003…obviously due to Damar’s jersey number.  

4 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

@tibor75 When you're not being an unbearable prick you're actually pretty cool.

Thanks. 

Don't get too concerned it won't last. ;)

That being said, nobody has any idea how the Bengals will play on Sunday and I won't give them any crap if they stink.  The Bills even have the "motivation" of playing for their fallen player.  The Bengals really have nothing but have experienced the same emotional impact that the Bills had on Monday 

It was Hamlin's uncle who said he'd been resuscitated at the hospital. If that's not true, he should retract it

That's nice of Jeff Ruby and all but if I'm the family, I've lost my appetite for now. If D. Hamlin opens his eyes, maybe

42 minutes ago, membengal said:

I think you can allow some grace for family members…the clarification addresses that. 

The thing I found odd, was that after the family made their official statement yesterday ending with the statement that there would be no further updates until tomorrow (now today) this "uncle" shows up on NFL Network with all of these claims that Hamlin was "shocked" twice and that he had his O2 level reduced to 50%? Thinking this may have been a 15 minutes of fame event for this supposed "uncle"?

Not completely on topic, but there's an article on a local Columbus TV website today about a local "Family In Shock" after witnessing Hamlin's medical emergency in person? My brother and I were at the game and did and still are somewhat experiencing kind of "was this real, surreal" feelings, but hardly find it newsworthy?

7 minutes ago, membengal said:

I think you can allow some grace and maybe don’t need the air quotes. It’s not a big deal. Everyone is doing the best they can. 

Grace allowed and the "supposed" comment was unnecessary on my part.

BTW, since we're telling people people how they should feel and "assuming" intent they're not "air" quotes if they're actually being "typed" but actual quotation marks.  

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

come Sunday, I'm rooting for a Bengals victory and a Bills loss. 

The Bengals victory should be sufficient, as they should be given the win for Monday nights game. Since they were you know, winning (a complicated concept to the league office apparently). 

13 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Remember this?

I never forgot it.

Scott isnt neutral about the Bengals.

He hates them for their ultra beatdown JB put on the Ravens.

He's a terrible analyst and should be fired but its espn where alot of analyists

suck as well...

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

It was Hamlin's uncle who said he'd been resuscitated at the hospital. If that's not true, he should retract it

That's nice of Jeff Ruby and all but if I'm the family, I've lost my appetite for now. If D. Hamlin opens his eyes, maybe

Jeff Ruby would never miss an opportunity to see his name in print. Have you ever read an interview with the guy? He loves to imply he's mobbed up & some kind of tough guy.  I have friends that worked for him & said he's prone to temper tantrums & breaking shit not for any particular reason but to appear intimidating.  Said nobody would ever work for or with him more than once.

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Jeff Ruby would never miss an opportunity to see his name in print. Have you ever read an interview with the guy? He loves to imply he's mobbed up & some kind of tough guy. 

Your thinking of Jack Ruby..

Maybe Jeff was a relative..😎

1 hour ago, MOC said:

Grace allowed and the "supposed" comment was unnecessary on my part.

BTW, since we're telling people people how they should feel and "assuming" intent they're not "air" quotes if they're actually being "typed" but actual quotation marks.  

mem, I sincerely apologize for lashing out at you for what was just an innocent opinion regarding my post. I'm thinking my kindergarten teacher may have been on to something when she wrote on the back of my report card "MOC doesn't accept criticism well". 63 years later, it still holds true :shrug:

I still think I'm still a little traumatized also from Monday Night's event. We had had such a great time at our tailgate, which was right next to one of the major Bills Mafia tailgates (I'm assuming around 1000 or so Bills fans) and we all acted like we had been best friends Black and Orange, Red and Blue alike! It was maybe the best tailgate I've ever attended and I've been to too many to count. And then to have this event happen at the game, still seems somewhat surreal.

We're all fans of our men and women in Orange and Black and I have really come to enjoy being a part of this message board and the actual and virtual friends I have made here.

I'm going to step away from the keyboard for a few days and recollect my thoughts. Prayers to Hamlin and his family and all on this board. I'll see you all again soon.  

2 minutes ago, MOC said:

mem, I sincerely apologize for lashing out at you for what was just an innocent opinion regarding my post. I'm thinking my kindergarten teacher may have been on to something when she wrote on the back of my report card "MOC doesn't accept criticism well". 63 years later, it still holds true :shrug:

I still think I'm still a little traumatized also from Monday Night's event. We had had such a great time at our tailgate, which was right next to one of the major Bills Mafia tailgates (I'm assuming around 1000 or so Bills fans) and we all acted like we had been best friends Black and Orange, Red and Blue alike! It was maybe the best tailgate I've ever attended and I've been to too many to count. And then to have this event happen at the game, still seems somewhat surreal.

We're all fans of our men and women in Orange and Black and I have really come to enjoy being a part of this message board and the actual and virtual friends I have made here.

I'm going to step away from the keyboard for a few days and recollect my thoughts. Prayers to Hamlin and his family and all on this board. I'll see you all again soon.  

Understood but dont stay away to long 

my friend..

5 minutes ago, MOC said:

Every Bengals fan totally had the rug yoinked out from under us.. Team looked unstoppable, I know I was thinking a SB repeat is a very real possibility with the way they were playing.

Maybe still is, IDK, but that sure went sideways in a hurry 

Archived