Would you prefer the Bengals lose out?

Bengals losing out ?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer the Bengals lose out to get the best draft pick?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which of these 2 options would you prefer if the only options?

• Team goes 8-9, misses playoffs
    • Team loses out, goes 5-12
  3. 3. Is there any chance the Bengals can still make the playoffs?

• Are you fucking insane! They might not win a game!
    • I mean, it's not likely, but I'm a sucker for hope
    • Not unless Burrow amputates and throws from a pirate hook

Just now, New Jersey Bengal said:

Yes with a ridiculous punt return with .4 missed tackles 

Ok

You guys forget we got dog walked a few weeks ago by them? 

I get Joe went down that game so the O had an excuse, but the D played like trash that game. It's been an issue all year, they have been up and down all year.

I don't often comment on Bengals-specific stuff because I'm not a wannabe GM and many of you guys are a lot smarter than me when it comes to football IQ. I enjoy reading what you smart fuckers say. I'm just a fan who has been on this roller coaster ride since '68. I loved the early Bengals--Trumpy, Paul Robinson, Virgil Carter, et all because they were a tough bunch of dudes. I endured abuse from sportswriters at the newspaper I worked at during the Dave Shula years. I liked the '81 team and loved the '88 team. And 2021 was a lot of fun.

But I have to say that this year, for me, is a lot of fun and ranks up there with my favorites. I don't even care if they miss the playoffs. These players are fighting, scrappy, never-give-up mothergrabbers who don't give a damn what the world thinks. And they have taken a fair amount of unwarranted criticism from pundits this year. Piss on the sideline jerks who think their opinion matters. And I'm looking at you, Nick Wright.

Hot damn, people, I think we all knew that this season was going to be troublesome from the start with Burrow's calf injury. But, shit-fire, there is never a reason to tank. Never, ever, ever. You go down swinging and you take your lumps. Last year, when I was half-delirious in the hospital, it was the Bengals that gave me some vicarious hope and inspiration. Bless 'em.

I'm gonna root for them to win, even if they were to trot out a roster full of shitty Walnut Hills High School players from the 70s. I like those guys, too, but they were not very good.

End rant.

• Upvote 8

Crap! I got so worked up that I forgot why I logged on!

Been simplifying the house and going through the stuff that has accumulated over the years. It's amazing how stuff piles up over the course of 50 years. Anyhow, I was out in the garage last week and I came across some older Bengals stuff. A nice coffee cup from the '88/'89 Super Bowl year, a little figurine/doll that my grandmother, who absolutely loved Chris Collinsworth, had, and a nice sweatshirt from the '88/'89 year. I'm keeping the cup, but I'm gonna give away the doll and the sweatshirt.

Doll looks kinda like this, except is has a black top and more yarn-y pom poms. Be a nice xmas gift for someone who has a young girl fan.

Sweatshirt looks like this. Size is Large, so a nice gift to wear or frame. I never framed it, but I also never wore it.

One gift per person. Comment on this thread is you want one. I'll pay to mail it to you. Happy holidays!

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Merry Christmas to me! May I please have the sweatshirt?

Happy Holidays! Of course, it's yours. Dm an address to me. I have to go out to copy some legal docs later this week and there is a UPS store nearby. Is that okay?

Anu takers for the doll? If not, I'll give it to a friend to give to his granddaughter... .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Homer_Rice said:

Happy Holidays! Of course, it's yours. Dm an address to me. I have to go out to copy some legal docs later this week and there is a UPS store nearby. Is that okay?

Anu takers for the doll? If not, I'll give it to a friend to give to his granddaughter... .

Go with the granddaughter Homer.

On 12/10/2023 at 9:50 PM, WRAPradio said:

I guess a thought is with the talent we have on this team…if you don’t think you can win a SB this year, what does making the playoffs do for you?  How does that make you better next year?  If you think we can win a SB this year, that’s a different story.

actually right now FAs come because of Joe Burrow is a winner, and they want to play on a team with playoff expectations.. now if they see that same team without Joe burrow still make the playoffs, and that team has Joe Burrow signed for many seasons .... it shows that signing here does not mean 1 injury and your playoff hopes are gone.  it will only offer more to players coming here when the contracts being offered are close .  

On 12/12/2023 at 9:16 PM, stryker57 said:

actually right now FAs come because of Joe Burrow is a winner, and they want to play on a team with playoff expectations.. now if they see that same team without Joe burrow still make the playoffs, and that team has Joe Burrow signed for many seasons .... it shows that signing here does not mean 1 injury and your playoff hopes are gone.  it will only offer more to players coming here when the contracts being offered are close .  

That’s a solid point.  While I think that’s true, the true measure is if players will take less to play here.  Joe, Ja’marr and Tee? Will take up a large majority of the cap.

On 11/27/2023 at 8:37 AM, IKOTA said:

That is the only goal they should be working towards. Tell the players what’s up or don’t, it’s not like they’ll know horrible plays are being called on purpose because the play calls are terrible anyways. They’ll think it’s another Sunday. 

this aged super good, lmao

• Upvote 1

i was on team lose a bunch of game, i just wanted to miss the playoffs, HOWEVER.

with Jake being a potential hot commodity and us haveing is ERFA right, he in a trade could make up the difference in draft pick range for us no problem. 

so now im just thinking, win as much as you can, young guys get the work, anything but the first place schedule is fine, we are better than most first place teams, so even the second place schedule is an improvement

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, GoBengals said:

i was on team lose a bunch of game, i just wanted to miss the playoffs, HOWEVER.

with Jake being a potential hot commodity and us haveing is ERFA right, he in a trade could make up the difference in draft pick range for us no problem. 

so now im just thinking, win as much as you can, young guys get the work, anything but the first place schedule is fine, we are better than most first place teams, so even the second place schedule is an improvement

Exactly where I am. Had Jake played like he did againt the Steelers, I'd be on team let's get a top 10 pick. Now I want to make it to at least the divisional round so we ca package him and our 1st rounder to move into the top 10

• Upvote 1

On 12/10/2023 at 8:50 PM, WRAPradio said:

I guess a thought is with the talent we have on this team…if you don’t think you can win a SB this year, what does making the playoffs do for you?  How does that make you better next year?  If you think we can win a SB this year, that’s a different story.

Putting our younger players who don't have a lot of high-stakes competition under the belts in those situations might be as valuable as simply drafting new talent. Zach Carter hasn't seen the field as much as he will now, for example. And lord knows our Safeties and backup CBs need all of the experience they can get!

23 hours ago, alleycat said:

Putting our younger players who don't have a lot of high-stakes competition under the belts in those situations might be as valuable as simply drafting new talent. Zach Carter hasn't seen the field as much as he will now, for example. And lord knows our Safeties and backup CBs need all of the experience they can get!

I agree. I have to admit, it’s been a lot less stressful watching games with no expectations. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed these last few weeks. I love that guys are stepping up and the young guys are getting valuable experience, like you said.  We’ll really miss Reader, he’s turned into one of my all-time favorite Bengals and I hope we can re-sign him to a three year deal.

• Upvote 1