WEEK 15: vs VIKINGS (GameDey thread)

37 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Indy throttles the team from near West Virginia.

The AFC Playoff standings at this moment:

(1) Baltimore (10-3) North

(2) Miami (9-4) East

(3) Kansas City (8-5) West

(4) Jacksonville (8-5) South

(5) Cleveland's Current Football Team (8-5) Wild Card #1

(6) Cincinnati (8-6) Wild Card #2

(7) Indianapolis (8-6) Wild Card #3

Projected Pairings:

BYE - (1) BAL

(7) IND (8-6) at (2) MIA (9-4)

(6) CIN (8-6) at (3) KCC (8-5)

(5) CLE (8-5) at (4) JAX (8-5)

If Denver beats Detroit, we get bumped down to #8 due to (a) Denver forcing a 3-way tie at 8-6; (b) us not having played Denver, negating any head-to-head or sweep tiebreak step, which eliminates our advantage over the Dolts; (c) Indy winning the first tiebreak over us and DEN on conference record, and; (d) Denver winning the second tiebreak over us based on conference record with Indy no longer in the tie.  If it's a 2-way tie with Indy (or a 3-way with Indy and Buffalo), our head-to-head win(s) give us the edge.

So..... for this week:

- If Denver > Detroit:  Indy becomes the #6 seed, Denver is #7 and we're #8....  Houston would move to #7 on Sunday with a win over Tennessee, bumping DEN to 8 and us to 9.

- If Detroit > Denver:  We will be #6 and Indy #7.   I don't think it's possible for any other movement to happen this week.

But even if we end up on the outside looking in after this weekend is over, we're 8-6 now.... every win simplifies the scenarios and draws the playoffs closer to our grasp.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Maybe they can pop the shoulder back in depends on how bad it is

I had a separated shoulder. I think the shoulder popping back in is more a dislocation. A separation is usually of the AC joint, that connects the collarbone to the shoulder (scapula, actually). There's a tear or stretching of the ligament that connects them. It's loose for life usually after that, and can lead to recurrence. Surgery can be done to reconnect or repair. What's done, and what you can do, all depends on the grade. This is all assuming AC separation. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alleycat said:

I had a separated shoulder. I think the shoulder popping back in is more a dislocation. A separation is usually of the AC joint, that connects the collarbone to the shoulder (scapula, actually). There's a tear or stretching of the ligament that connects them. It's loose for life usually after that, and can lead to recurrence. Surgery can be done to reconnect or repair. What's done, and what you can do, all depends on the grade. This is all assuming AC separation. 

Makes sense and thanks for the great info  I guess he will be out unfortunately 

14 minutes ago, alleycat said:

Interesting..

Both Chase and DJ have some serious

stuff and not to be counted on from here 

And they still have many weapons at Browning's disposal.

Keep rollin....

• Upvote 1

Bengals head coach Zac Taylor on QB Browning: "Jake's just so steady, you know? He really is. He doesn't get rattled by a negative play. He doesn't overreact to it."

Vikings QB Mullens: "An absolute grind of a football game. But those are the types of games you want to be in."

Bengals QB Browning, who was formerly of the Vikings: "I think right after we made the field goal and won the game, I screamed at camera and said, 'They never should have cut me'."

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

The game is being re-shown tonight at 1:00 a.m. on NFL Network.  

…just turned this on at 1:00 (as the guide showed), and there is 3 minutes left in the first half…so it obviously started earlier…those bastards.  😕

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jungletiger said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10101446-bengals-jake-browning-vikings-release-in-2021-was-sh-ttiest-ive-ever-experienced

Bengals' Jake Browning: Vikings Release in 2021 Was 'Sh-ttiest I've Ever Experienced'

image.thumb.png.f1bd2c1b47281b02f6f3f748505a5033.png

The only unknown substance they’re going to find is ice water and I don’t think that’s a banned substance 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

You got lucky, the 1st Half wasn't worth watching anyway.

I actually knew that since I was at the game.  

I just miss seeing decent replays so that I can evaluate good calls vs. bad calls.  The non-call for DPI on that late pass to Tee was absolutely ridiculous.  

• Upvote 1