WEEK 17: @ BURROWHEAD (GameDey thread)

2024 Opponents:

HOME: BAL CFT PIT LVR KCC PHI WAS TEN

AWAY: BAL CFT PIT LAC DEN DAL NYG NEP CAR

Based on 3-year AFC and 4-year NFC rotation.  (In 2020 we played at DAL/NYG and hosted PHI/WAS, and in 2021 we played at DEN/LAC and hosted LVR/KCC)

TEN/NEP may be reversed, but I think we travel to the AFC East opponent (because we hosted Buffalo this year), so we would host the AFC South opponent.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AmishBengalFan said:

2024 Opponents:

Based on 3-year AFC and 4-year NFC rotation.  (In 2020 we played at DAL/NYG and hosted PHI/WAS, and in 2021 we played at DEN/LAC and hosted LVR/KCC)

TEN/NEP may be reversed, but I think we travel to the AFC East opponent (because we hosted Buffalo this year), so we would host the AFC South opponent.

That is a last place schedule.  Unreal.

i swear that shit was scripted.  Going on 4th and getting stuffed. Right after Boomer says ohhh what great coach Taylor is. com on man    take the points man. that changed the whole game.  my boy led that amazing drive for nothing.   good grief 

and whats this shit with dudes sliding instead of going into the endzone  Mahomes did that shit against the jets then it happened again today with shitsburgh   your up a td with seconds left just go on and get the other TD. How do you slide there? what football player slides with a open end zone in front of him? wtf  i just cant anymore   this shit is pretend football i swear.    and the announcers "oh what a genius decision Bob that kid has a good head on his shoulders"   what??? you slide instead of going up two scores? 

56 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

and whats this shit with dudes sliding instead of going into the endzone  Mahomes did that shit against the jets then it happened again today with shitsburgh   your up a td with seconds left just go on and get the other TD. How do you slide there? what football player slides with a open end zone in front of him? wtf  i just cant anymore   this shit is pretend football i swear.    and the announcers "oh what a genius decision Bob that kid has a good head on his shoulders"   what??? you slide instead of going up two scores? 

Is this real? Who's gonna tell him?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Shebengal said:

It was fun while it lasted. The last 2 weeks sucked.

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Hardly..

I quite enjoyed the ride.

Disappointing ending but still

exciting season...

Oops...

Mia culpa 

Context...

I posted that and shut down the computer.

Wretched nigh and night's sleep.

Quite honestly, reading many (ie yours both and others) comments has brought me

down to turf firmly at Paul Brown Stadium.

And image.gif.0ad15be48a7231bf11a76af347205031.gif.

I think what I was doing was reflecting back (it was New Years Eve, after all)

to the preseason with the hopes and speculation... although a New Years Resolution

for this season is NOT to speculate on individual goals, records and accomplishments

but the Lombardi regardless of how many yards Whistlenutz Jones gets or how many

sacks Joe Willie Mammyjammer makes.

Off to a bad start playing in injured quarterback and the early W-L record showed it, and
never caught up.

Even yesterday, the Chiefs needed the refs to beat out back up quarterback setting up

a mega big buck Ravens v Chiefs showdown for the AFC Championship (The Powers That Be

can't have an unknown backup going to and winning the Super Bowl, they want a prima dona dick).

One thing brought out in this thread image.gif.3eac90481de6b61bbe175edd7d594ada.gif that I had not seen until just right now ago was the

post game comments made to Jake Browning, Joe Burrow and the team by the Chiefs stars.

They know they were outplayed and the refs handed it to them.

Whatever... before I get called a bandwagon fan,  We'll be back in Section 215, Row 7 Seats 3-4

next season Good Lord Willing and the Creek Don't Rise... and my aging knees hold out.

One observation... you knew the Chiefs were in trouble when they never showed Taylor Swift.

Browns at 1:00 Sunday and we're favored.  

Joe Mixon isn't getting any better next year.

I'm still making a donation to the Free Store Foodbank even thought the Hard Rock Sports Book 

gladly took my money from last week.

Fuck the Stealers.  And Browns and Lamar Jackson twice.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

2024 Opponents:

Candy Ass City again?

At home?

Wonder if Taylor Swift will be there?

My Magic 8 Ball says "NO F'N WAY"

• Upvote 1

On 1/1/2024 at 7:49 AM, High School Harry said:

Off to a bad start playing in injured quarterback and the early W-L record showed it, and
never caught up.

Honestly, this is the one thing the team could have controlled and made a big difference.  Browning was an unknown to us as fans, but the coaching staff should have known he was capable.  Burrow had no business playing the first 3 or 4 weeks.  Live and learn, I suppose. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Honestly, this is the one thing the team could have controlled and made a big difference.  Browning was an unknown to us as fans, but the coaching staff should have known he was capable.  Burrow had no business playing the first 3 or 4 weeks.  Live and learn, I suppose. 

Another issue was that TC was far too soft and few starters played in the preseason, so at the start of the regular season we seemed far behind other teams. Then there is that whole QB behind center issue - it is unfathomable if Taylor and Callahan cannot see that the OL has more success if there are more plays with the QB behind center, we run more and more play action. 

• Upvote 1