Keeping our enemies close: 2024

16 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

I will put it over here too, I cannot believe we are not in while the shitty Barfalo, Dollgirls and Stoolers are in. Sickening. 

We had the hardest schedule in the NFL this year.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

On to the Draft!!!

It’s been like that since November 16. 

But that’s OK…I am getting a bit more familiar with the myriad of heretofore unknown names in the world of college football that will eventually become the “not living up to draft expectations” multitude of the future. A bit earlier this year. 

• Upvote 1

A 38-6 pounding of the Troy Aikman-led DAL. 

Some guy named Erik Kramer led the way for DET. Willie Green had 115 yard and 2 TD receiving. Barry Sanders had a pedestrian 69 yards but did score a TD

Wayne Fontes over Jimmy Johnson. So long ago. 

7 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

A 38-6 pounding of the Troy Aikman-led DAL. 

Some guy named Erik Kramer led the way for DET. Willie Green had 115 yard and 2 TD receiving. Barry Sanders had a pedestrian 69 yards but did score a TD

Wayne Fontes over Jimmy Johnson. So long ago. 

I had Barry Sanders on my fantasy football team at one point around that time.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Oh wow I hear playing guard like particularly LG for the Bengals is a really great way to spend the first 2-3 years of your retirement. Really good discounts on Gatorade.

IDK thats just what I heard :shrug:

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

He along with other Eagles are old.

Time to rebuild..

Still can't believe how far the Eagles fell at the end of this season.  Before the season started, I put money on a Bengals/Eagles Super Bowl match-up...interestingly DraftKings still shows it as an "Open" bet so there must still be a chance, right?  :)

Anyway, at least the Bengals have some reasonable excuses for not getting to the SB.

• Upvote 2

Browns Fire OC Alex Van Pelt, Two Offensive Assistants

Story by Anthony Poisal  59m

Cleveland Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski has reportedly made some major changes to his offensive coaching staff to begin the 2024 offseason.

Stefanaki, who just led the Browns to their second trip to the playoffs since becoming head coach in 2020, fired offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt, running backs coach Stump Mitchell and tight ends coach T.C. McCartney, according to a report from Josina Anderson.

Anderson also noted that "some of the players are upset from the news."

The firings, which happened Tuesday, per Anderson, are a bit shocking after the Browns became the first team since 2015 to win games with four different starting quarterbacks. They finished 16th in the NFL in yards per game (335.9) and 10th in points per game (23.3) despite losing Deshaun Watson, Pro Bowl running back Nick Chubb and their top three offensive tackles to season-ending injuries throughout the year.

Van Pelt, Mitchell and McCartney had all been on Stefanski's staff since he arrived with the team in 2020. 

McCartney oversaw a career-best season from tight end David Njoku last season after the seventh-year player finished second on the Browns with 882 receiving yards and six touchdowns — both career-highs. McCartney had also previously been an offensive assistant in 2020-21 and was also with the team as an offensive assistant in 2014.

Mitchell had been the running backs coach since Stefanski became the head coach. The Browns finished the year 12th in the league with 118.6 yards per game despite losing Chubb with a season-ending injury in Week 2. That opened the door for Jerome Ford to take over the starting role and lead the Browns with 813 rushing yards, although his 4.0 yards per carry ranked 29th in the league among rushers with at least 100 carries.

The Browns finished the regular season with four wins in their final four meaningful games behind the stellar play of then-38-year-old QB Joe Flacco, but their hot streak came to an abrupt end Saturday in the Wild Card Round with a 45-14 beatdown from the Texans. 

Flacco threw back-to-back-pick sixes in the second half of the game, which essentially shut down any shot of the Browns climbing back from a 10-point deficit at halftime.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-browns-fire-oc-alex-van-pelt-two-offensive-assistants/ar-AA1n7uBA?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=313366089e624b6daf7e4dfe2a61f44b&ei=40