Keeping our enemies close: 2024

2 minutes ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Some of these old photos of professional athletes in major sports are wild. @Super70sSports on Twitter likes to post this one from time to time:

The amazing Bob Weiss! 

Later…and just as bald..he was an off and on NBA head coach

IMG_2944.jpeg

17 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Don't get this signing.

I dont get the Cowboys though.

Crazy money. He's well-loved by the ownership group and supposedly he's a great teammate. He and Dak are close friends. 

That said, his YPC has done a downward dive for several years - and while I think he can be good in short yardage and red zone, he's clearly not a feature back any more. But I don't think that's the plan there, anyway. Dowdle, Zeke, and others will share the ball. But on offense, they don't have a lot of explosive players, other than Lamb and possibly KaVonte Turpin. A good TE room, though. Jake Ferguson is very good and they have Schoonmaker, John Stephens, and a few others. 

• Upvote 1

Boyd was smart to wait until after the draft to sign. Had to know there were a couple of teams that would have a slot need after the draft. The Titans had been expected to draft a WR early, but instead they went for 700 pounds of beefy linemen in the first 2 rounds.

Awesome payday for TB. Glad he didn’t end up in Pitt/Bal/Buff/KC. 

How did that guy not end up in Buffalo now that I think about it?

Happy for TB. Loved what he brought to the Bengals, although there were some maddening drops in a few key games the last few years, for sure.

Hope it works out for him... he'll add a lot to their WR corps in being an experienced target for their young QB, as well as in the locker room.