Keeping our enemies close: 2024

14 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Duke Tobin getting Trent Brown for $ 1 million less than the Eagles gave Becton is another notch is his belt though. 🤓 

The Bengals don't overpay, which is why they are always in such good cap health. 

Plus Mims would have beaten him out in training camp and this fool would have just been an overpaid backup.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Duke Tobin getting Trent Brown for $ 1 million less than the Eagles gave Becton is another notch is his belt though. 🤓 

The Bengals don't overpay, which is why they are always in such good cap health. 

I'd rather be in good QB health. 

Becton is 25 and started every game last year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Trent Brown at 4.5 mill is a much better deal than Becton at 5.5 as he's a better player and cheaper. Plus he will make a better mentor for Mims than Becton would have. 

If Becton was signed, Mims likely starts week 1. But now he can take some time to learn from an experienced guy with lots to teach him. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BlackJesus said:

Trent Brown at 4.5 mill is a much better deal than Becton at 5.5 as he's a better player and cheaper. Plus he will make a better mentor for Mims than Becton would have. 

If Becton was signed Mims likely starts week 1. But now he can take some time to learn from an experienced guy with lots to teach him. 

He's 31 and missed as many games as he's played. Agree he's a better player but that doesn't matter much if he's on IR by week 3. 

What is it you expect them to do with all this cap room? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

What is it you expect them to do with all this cap room? 

- Make Money Mac the 2nd highest paid K in NFL history. 

- Make Chase the 2nd highest paid WR in NFL history. 

- Give 1-2 year extensions to Karras and Hilton. 

- Go after a FA RB. 

- See if a 3 year deal for Tee is possible but if not trade for Justin Jefferson and give him and Ja'Marr new contracts at the same time. 

Lots of places to put that cash 💰 

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

- Make Money Mac the 2nd highest paid K in NFL history. 

- Make Chase the 2nd highest paid WR in NFL history. 

- Give 1-2 year extensions to Karras and Hilton. 

- Go after a FA RB. 

- See if a 3 year deal for Tee is possible but if not trade for Justin Jefferson and give him and Ja'Marr new contracts at the same time. 

Lots of places to put that cash 💰 

So many places :ninja:

(jokes aside I think about 3/5 of your list are possibilities)

Barn-interior-Inspiro-8-Studios-Photogra

b82defe0-9038-11ed-af00-9f6e2a9c4532-FAM

15e6a1c4-a6b6-4896-a28f-a557a2fc1a1f-062

French-Alps-Chalet-01-1-Kind-Design.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Becton hasn’t been healthy much before last year.  He missed time as a rookie and played in only 1 game in 2021-2022.  He also played poorly last year when healthy, allowing 12 sacks, 31 hurries, 47 total pressures, and committing 12 penalties.  Dude has been a BUST.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Becton hasn’t been healthy much before last year.  He missed time as a rookie and played in only 1 game in 2021-2022.  He also played poorly last year when healthy, allowing 12 sacks, 31 hurries, 47 total pressures, and committing 12 penalties.  Dude has been a BUST.

OK younger Jonah that gets hurt more but we still won't get rid of, no thanks. 

I don't think they've done enough for the OL, is more the point. 

17 hours ago, T-Dub said:

If they had signed Becton, chances are they would not have drafter Mims.

Personally, I'm thrilled with the way it turned out.

Mims > Becton.

Plus, with the way the draft cookie crumbled,

I am also thrilled with our second and third round picks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They still would have drafted Mims as Becton is like Trent Brown in that you can't count on either playing every game. Brown is a much better player than Becton.

I still think it would make sense to re-sign Scharping or similar to have some interior depth. That would let the team cut Trey Hill and start Matt Lee on the practice squad. We know the 5 starters. The Mims, Ford, Scharping, and maybe Carman or Kirkland would be the 4 backups on the 53. They could move on from D'Ante Smith as well or he could go to the PS and bump Cochran or Gilliam. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Boyd might have been worth bringing back at only 4.5 million. I think that shows Zac wanted to move on to a guy with 0 drops last season instead (Burton). 

Agree about Burton plus Charlie Jones 

gives them another speedster in the slot.

• Upvote 2

Pretty sure the plan is Jones to replace Boyd, Burton to replace Tee. And hopefully Yoshi surprises and becomes Tee, and Burton because that 2nd/3rd guy X factor we've never really had.  But those 4 on the field is pretty exciting, and I do like Irwin as a guy who can meaningfully provide additional opportunities. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, alleycat said:

Pretty sure the plan is Jones to replace Boyd, Burton to replace Tee. And hopefully Yoshi surprises and becomes Tee, and Burton because that 2nd/3rd guy X factor we've never really had.  But those 4 on the field is pretty exciting, and I do like Irwin as a guy who can meaningfully provide additional opportunities. 

I think Gesicki will get tons of slot snaps in 12 personnel too. They have beefed up the TE room for a reason.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, alleycat said:

100% agree. Do I think the WR room is better with Tee in it? Of course I do. But even without him, Burton along with Charlie and Andrei continuing to grow and improve I still have a lot of confidence in this group.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Boyd might have been worth bringing back at only 4.5 million. I think that shows Zac wanted to move on to a guy with 0 drops last season instead (Burton). 

I think Boyd was never coming back, he made some weird statements about Burrow's contract to the media and his drops in big games sealed his fate.

Boyd's in a good place though, he's with a HC that knows what he can do and loves passing the ball..if he balls out then he will be able to get a big deal next year. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

🤡 Cody Benjamin is an absolute fucktard! 

FB_IMG_1715191903496.jpg

If Burrow could stay healthy (mostly not his fault)  he would be 1 or 2. With a (hopefully) upgraded oline we will see it this year.