Random 2024 Bengals related stuff

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

I don’t remember Akili getting hurt right away 🤷‍♂️

Whoops, you're right, I thought that was a picture of Kijana. Turning down the trade offer from the Saints and then taking Akili was indeed a terrible decision.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, gupps said:

Didn't the Stealers sack him 9 or 10 times in one game? Good times. Good times.

In fairness to Klingler, he was really talented... great arm. But he came from a funky college offense, and the Bengals had a sh&t roster so it didn't help him any. And then Dave Shula was the coach... an unmitigated disaster. He was a poster boy for what not to do... before David Carr. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Griever said:

Yeah, maybe it's a long shot but I still believe in Andrei continuing to make strides

Oh yeah, he looks different. He's a talent... look forward to year two. In few the pics I've seen, Charlie Jones doesn't look any bigger, but maybe he added some strength. We'll see. Still really like him. 

2 hours ago, texbengal said:

In fairness to Klingler, he was really talented... great arm. But he came from a funky college offense, and the Bengals had a sh&t roster so it didn't help him any. And then Dave Shula was the coach... an unmitigated disaster. He was a poster boy for what not to do... before David Carr. 

If I remember correctly he held out  of camp until mid August back before the tiered rookie contract era.  The result was he was the highest paid player on the team and the veterans hated him.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Who is that a picture of?  I mean, yeah it's Boomer's jersey...not his face, arms, etc...am I missing something?

Lmao - you’re right. I think that was Erik Wilhelm, the Kaiser. Backup QB, former Oregon State, I think?  A lefty also.

Saw him play when I was at Michigan. 

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

If I remember correctly he held out  of camp until mid August back before the tiered rookie contract era.  The result was he was the highest paid player on the team and the veterans hated him.  

Yep, his agent was Leigh Steinberg, with whom the Bengals always had a tough time negotiating. 

I remember watching the draft then, and they showed Klingler’s reaction when he was drafted by the Bengals… it was one of those half-hearted, slow claps - and I remember Steinberg lamenting out loud that he’d have to battle with Mike Brown. Not exactly a confidence-inspiring moment, but in hindsight, it’s pretty damned funny. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, texbengal said:

Lmao - you’re right. I think that was Erik Wilhelm, the Kaiser. Backup QB, former Oregon State, I think?  A lefty also.

Saw him play when I was at Michigan. 

Hard to say as to the photo ( as his numbers were 4 and 12), but the man was definitely the pride of Lakeridge HS and THE Oregon State University 

image.jpeg.744b69805872abf46f350acc60729056.jpeg

• Upvote 1