• David Fulcher (1986-92)
    • Tim Krumrie (1983-94)
    • Dave Lapham (1974-83)
    • Max Montoya (1979-89)
    • Lemar Parrish (1970-77)
    • Bob Trumpy (1968-77)
    • Reggie Williams (1976-89)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/2024 at 03:59 AM

24 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I disagree, this is long overdue and letting 2 guys a year isn't going to cheapen the honor. There are only 2 Bengals in the HOF so this is the one avenue for former Bengals to get the recognition they deserve. 

Agree...

Our account splits tickets across 4 households, so we conducted our own voting to see who the top-two are.

Everyone selected three names, ranked them 1-2-3

Player getting the most mentions wins.

If tied, more 1st place votes > more 2nd place > more 3rd place

If still tied, the older player (since they theoretically have fewer years to wait).

4: Krumrie (3-1-0) Age 64

2: Parrish (0-2-0) 76

2: Dillon (0-0-2) 49

1: Williams (1-0-0) 69

1: Fulcher (0-1-0) 59

1: Trumpy (0-0-1) 79

1: Brooks (0-0-1) 65

0: Lapham (0-0-0) 71

0: Breech (0-0-0) 68y, 1mo

0: Montoya (0-0-0) 68y, 0mo

0: Collinsworth (0-0-0), 65

Screenshot_20240524_132236_Bengals.jpg

Done-zo.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Our account splits tickets across 4 households, so we conducted our own voting to see who the top-two are.

Everyone selected three names, ranked them 1-2-3

Player getting the most mentions wins.

If tied, more 1st place votes > more 2nd place > more 3rd place

If still tied, the older player (since they theoretically have fewer years to wait).

4: Krumrie (3-1-0) Age 64

2: Parrish (0-2-0) 76

2: Dillon (0-0-2) 49

1: Williams (1-0-0) 69

1: Fulcher (0-1-0) 59

1: Trumpy (0-0-1) 79

1: Brooks (0-0-1) 65

0: Lapham (0-0-0) 71

0: Breech (0-0-0) 68y, 1mo

0: Montoya (0-0-0) 68y, 0mo

0: Collinsworth (0-0-0), 65

Screenshot_20240524_132236_Bengals.jpg

Done-zo.

Parrish and Krumie are deserving for sure...

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I disagree, this is long overdue and letting 2 guys a year isn't going to cheapen the honor. There are only 2 Bengals in the HOF so this is the one avenue for former Bengals to get the recognition they deserve. 

And why not add more players? It isn’t like the stadium will run out of room. 

So many outstanding (for us anyway) players never being mentioned. 

23 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

And why not add more players? It isn’t like the stadium will run out of room. 

So many outstanding (for us anyway) players never being mentioned. 

Its not how many but who..

Do we put every borderline good player in?

Make it for those who excelled for a good period of time.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Its not how many but who..

Do we put every borderline good player in?

Make it for those who excelled for a good period of time.

It doesn’t matter to me if this thing wasn’t there at all. 

Pete Johnson looped Dillon by furlongs in scoring TD’s. He isn’t mentioned. One could go on and on for months with why this one should be and that one shouldn’t. 

Make your own choices who should or shouldn’t…it is, after all, a fan contest

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

My guess is Krumrie and Fulcher.  Two integral pieces on super bowl teams and great careers here.

Dillon would be my wild card outside chance to jump Fulcher.  Best RB in the history of the franchise.  If not this year, he's next.

• Upvote 1

Bengals Announce 2024 Ring of Honor Class

Jul 18, 2024 at 10:00 AM
  • The Bengals today announced that HB Corey Dillon (1997-2003) and NT Tim Krumrie (1983-94) will be added to the team's Ring of Honor in 2024. They will join Ken Anderson, Willie Anderson, Paul Brown, Isaac Curtis, Boomer Esiason, Chad Johnson, Anthony Muñoz and Ken Riley in the Bengals Ring of Honor.
  •  

Dillon put together one of the most prolific careers by a running back in Bengals history during his seven seasons with the team. He remains the franchise's all-time leader in rushing attempts (1865), rushing yards (8061) and 100-yard rushing games (28), and earned three consecutive Pro Bowl selections from 1999-2001. He owns the top three single-game rushing performances in team history, including a then-NFL rookie record 246 yards vs. the Tennessee Oilers in 1997 and a then-NFL record 278 yards vs. the Denver Broncos in 2000.

"Corey not only was strong and fast with great balance — he was durable," said Bengals President Mike Brown. "He could take a lot of snaps. He was the one who carried the ball for us. That's what we could do best then — run the ball. Teams recognized that and would play a heavy front against us. It didn't matter. He would just run through them as though they were in a passing setup."

"When I first heard the news from Mike Brown, it brought more joy to that day instantly," said Dillon. "We had a great conversation. It means a lot. It's my legacy. I'm happy and fortunate that this is happening at this time. I'm ecstatic about it. I have to thank the fans for the love and support. It's been an awesome year getting to know everybody. I can't thank them enough."

Among the most notable draft selections in team history in terms of value, Krumrie entered the NFL as a 10th-round pick of the Bengals in 1983 and went on to spend his entire 12-year playing career ('83-94) in Cincinnati. He played in 188 regular-season games, the most ever by a Bengals lineman on either side of the ball, and earned a reputation for his tough and physical playing style. He was a two-time Pro Bowler (1987-88), and in '88 was voted a first-team All-Pro while helping lead Cincinnati to an appearance in Super Bowl XXIII.

"Tim had heart," said Brown. "He just didn't stop. He was that way in practice as well. He actually liked practicing. For him, it was fun. He looked forward to it. He never stopped trying. He just thought that's the way you did it, and it really is. Not everyone can match that."

"I'd like to thank the Cincinnati Bengals fans for their votes and for recognizing my play on the field and the effort I put into every game," said Krumrie. "I'm proud to have my name alongside my 1988 teammates who helped make my dream of playing in a Super Bowl come true, as well as the other deserving Ring of Honor members. I'd especially like to thank Mike Brown for giving this farm boy from Wisconsin a chance to succeed in the NFL. This is an honor beyond anything I could imagine."

Season Ticket Members selected Dillon and Krumrie from a ballot that featured 11 individuals who have played a significant role in the franchise's history and tradition. For more information on the Ring of Honor, visit bengals.com/team/ring-of-honor.

The Ring of Honor induction ceremony will take place during halftime of the Monday Night Football game against the Washington Commanders on Sept. 23. Fans may purchase tickets for all home games at bengals.com/tickets or by calling Bengals Fan Relations at (513) 621-8383.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-announce-2024-ring-of-honor-class?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR0sZ3ZmqtBL0CQLnTCNBk0fhAkTRQzXhHvDctsMj6qEnz5H6p5WPtFAGyc_aem_djHktUMJhZ49WYYCcAcxBA

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GoBengals said:

fair enough, no complaints really, both deserve in.. got some dudes getting old out there tho..

Parrish next up.

Hopefully Dave Lapham as well

.Lap has been a Bengal fixture for over 40 yrs.

He's more than deserving to have his ROH induction.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Parrish next up.

Hopefully Dave Lapham as well

.Lap has been a Bengal fixture for over 40 yrs.

He's more than deserving to have his ROH induction.

For his on-field skills back in the day, or since in the booth? Or both?