Hopeful for a future little Bengals fan (or 2 or 3)

Best of luck to you, man, but seriously, as long as you and your wife love each other that's all that matters. My wife and I tried, both of us healthy, gave up and checked with a doctor, he was giving her some kind of shots, still didn't take, we gave up.
MULLY
If it doesn't take you want me to dump a load in a jar and send it to you?

• 2 weeks later...
An update.

We found out the hard way that we have a fairly low lifetime limit on our fertility pharmacy benefit. One of the drugs we need to use, Folistim, puts us over that limit. Unless we can find a way to lower the amount of folistim we need, or find an alternative way of coming up with it, we may not be able to move forward.

[quote name='Jason' post='776718' date='May 16 2009, 03:14 PM']An update.

We found out the hard way that we have a fairly low lifetime limit on our fertility pharmacy benefit. One of the drugs we need to use, Folistim, puts us over that limit. Unless we can find a way to lower the amount of folistim we need, or find an alternative way of coming up with it, we may not be able to move forward.[/quote]

I'll say a pray for you. Don't give up!

[quote name='Jason' post='776718' date='May 16 2009, 03:14 PM']An update.

We found out the hard way that we have a fairly low lifetime limit on our fertility pharmacy benefit. One of the drugs we need to use, Folistim, puts us over that limit. Unless we can find a way to lower the amount of folistim we need, or find an alternative way of coming up with it, we may not be able to move forward.[/quote]

When we gave up we sold ours to a couple that was still trying for cheap. One of the girls at the clinic asked if we would be willing to sell it to them and we said sure.

Just a thought... :mellow:

This may not be your favorite option Jason, but you can always adopt if you cannot conceive. My brother and I are both adopted. My Mom and Dad, both apparently fertile according to doctors (late 1960's, though) just could never conceive for whatever reason.

We were both adopted as infants, and never really knew any better even when we were old enough to be told the truth. It didn't matter. I won the parental lottery with them. Good luck whichever direction your quest for children takes you.

You may have already checked, but is a generic version available?

Also, have you checked Canadian prices? Sometimes, you can get stuff pretty cheap there.

Finally, with the way the economy is, you may be able to contact the manufacturer directly and see if they can offer any assistance (Schering-Plough?). I saw Pfizer is giving people free medicine for up to a year right now. It might be a long shot, but the worst they can say is no...

I will say a prayer for you.

I am a long-time lurker from Canada, rarely post. Read this site practically every day. But Jason's plea caused a spark in me to reply. My wife and I went through the same thing 10 years ago. We tried everything possible. It was ultimately described as "unexplained infertility." It happens.

Fast forward to today. We now have two beautiful daughters, Ally (5) and Julia (10). Jules was born in Guatemala, Ally in Colombia. Those who say a parent can't love an adopted child like their very own don't know what they are talking about it. To us, our family was destined to be this way and we feel blessed because of it. I love Bunghole's comment about winning the "parental lottery." I hope my girls feel the same but I know for CERTAIN that my wife and I hit the jackpot with these two beautiful daughters coming into our lives this way.

Sorry for the ramble... all a long way of saying: I'm a big believer some things are meant to be. Trust it... and the path will unfold for you.

Blessings, Jason.

[quote name='Jason' post='777021' date='May 18 2009, 11:36 AM']One more update. The fertility clinic was able to provide us with a vial of the folistim, so we are good to go!

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes everyone![/quote]

Excellent!

Good luck and God Bless to you and your wife.

[quote name='Jason' post='777021' date='May 18 2009, 11:36 AM']One more update. The fertility clinic was able to provide us with a vial of the folistim, so we are good to go!

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes everyone![/quote]
[b]Jason...I wish you luck and will pray for you for sure..If you want I will have a special mass said for you and your wife so that you can conceive. I don't know where you live and what your religion is but I know of a priest that lives in Marcus Hook Pennsylvania that is called the baby priest. Every single woman that he has blessed has conceived even woman that were older. Let me know ...send me an e mail if you wish....kaizzo4@aol.com......God Bless![/b]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='776766' date='May 16 2009, 08:56 PM']This may not be your favorite option Jason, but you can always adopt if you cannot conceive. My brother and I are both adopted. My Mom and Dad, both apparently fertile according to doctors (late 1960's, though) just could never conceive for whatever reason.

We were both adopted as infants, and never really knew any better even when we were old enough to be told the truth. It didn't matter. I won the parental lottery with them. Good luck whichever direction your quest for children takes you.[/quote]
[b]My wife and I just adopted a baby boy from Kazakhstan. It was the absolute best thing we have ever done. [/b]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='776766' date='May 16 2009, 07:56 PM']This may not be your favorite option Jason, but you can always adopt if you cannot conceive. My brother and I are both adopted. My Mom and Dad, both apparently fertile according to doctors (late 1960's, though) just could never conceive for whatever reason.

We were both adopted as infants, and never really knew any better even when we were old enough to be told the truth. It didn't matter. I won the parental lottery with them. Good luck whichever direction your quest for children takes you.[/quote]

Unless we win the lottery, we can only afford this one try at IVF, so if this does not work, adoption will be our next option.

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='777037' date='May 18 2009, 11:16 AM'][b]Jason...I wish you luck and will pray for you for sure..If you want I will have a special mass said for you and your wife so that you can conceive. I don't know where you live and what your religion is but I know of a priest that lives in Marcus Hook Pennsylvania that is called the baby priest. Every single woman that he has blessed has conceived even woman that were older. Let me know ...send me an e mail if you wish....kaizzo4@aol.com......God Bless![/b][/quote]

We appreciate it. I am Protestant, but my wife was Catholic for a while, so any denomiational (or any religion for that matter) prayers are greatly accepted.

• 2 weeks later...
Another update.

My wife just called on the way home from the doctor. She currently has 2, maybe 3 follicles that are large enough to retrieve. The doctor doesn't like doingt a retrieval with less than 5. And we are down to our last 2 days of the follicle stimulating drug (the folistim). And we don't have the money to buy anymore vials. So unless the follicles start growing, or the doctor decides it is worth doing a retrieval with just 2 or 3, we may have just spent all this money for nothing.

More prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Archived