OFFTOPIC: too many people can't* spell Cincinnati...

SO i am setting up a google adwords account to display a link for the forums here when people search for bengals stuff in google..

and it gives you most searched phrases based on keywords about your site..

and 20 out of the 27 that had the word cincinnati, had it spelled wrong.. cincinatti almost every time and cincinnatti a few times..

I would like to thank an old rap group that was on a record label of mine who wrote a song called "Cincinnati" and the hook had the word spelled out... and everytime i type it my brain says it in the tone of voice from the song... Cincinnati is a very aggressive word for me to type...in my brain.. : C-I-N-C-I double-N-A-T-I

anyway..

i mean most people looking for bengals shit have to be from  ear cincy right?

i feel like they should be able to spell it...

Go,

How long have you been using AdWords? Is your goal to attract new members to boost page views and generate more money to pay for hosting?

If you haven't used it already, consider paid search on Bing/Yahoo. Your CPC will be cheaper.

Also, if my goal assumption is correct, you may be able to get more traffic at least expense via link building and SEO. PM me if you want any tips. It's what my firm does.

So many people can't spell anyway and in every language, ...so why worry about it? 

You can't possibly guess the full myriad of ways novices can spell a word, ...just take your best shot with as many as you can imagine in your word group.

I only care if professional writers misspell, ...they should have a higher standard since that is the tool of their trade.

You can harness the power of ignorance to your own gain.  Here's an example.

On eBay, some sellers not only misspell Cincinnati, but there are some who can't get Bengals correct.  I've frequently seen auctions for gear for the "BEGNALS" or "BENGLAS" listed for sale.  These sales get significnatly fewer hits, because buyers who actually know how to spell these words correctly never find the misspelled auctions.  Right now, there are over 75,000 auctions listed with the word Bengals, 34 for Benglas, and 5 for Begnals.

You can get stuff cheap when you're the only buyer.  :)

Archived