Miami Week Notes

Not that I'm looking past this game, because Miami is going to be a really good challenge, but we would have four wins on Baltimore if we win Thursday.  We would basically only have to beat them twice to clinch the division at that point.

I would not be surprised if we come out a little flat on Thursday.  A lot of injuries, a flight to Miami and a short week.  Luckily we only had to play 45 minutes today.  This win would be HUGE.

I'm just really excited that I get to watch this team play again in four days. (injuries aside) That was highly entertaining. 

Yeah if there is anything to say about staying hot, getting to play 4 days after a dominant performance could help.

Winning on the road, on primetime, on 4 days rest, is tough though. If we come out and play our game though I think we'll be ok.

not sure what this means for Thursday's game.

Pete Thamel @SIPeteThamel3m
BREAKING: Miami Dolphin center Mike Pouncey issued grand jury subpoena tied to Hernandez case today. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20131027/mike-pouncey-subpoena-grand-jury-aaron-hernandez/ 

So, you wouldn't say the investigation is "centered" on him, would you?

Sincerely, Hobs

not sure what this means for Thursday's game.

BREAKING: Miami Dolphin center Mike Pouncey issued grand jury subpoena tied to Hernandez case today. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20131027/mike-pouncey-subpoena-grand-jury-aaron-hernandez/ 

It means Pouncey will be worried about this more than our game.

Yeah if there is anything to say about staying hot, getting to play 4 days after a dominant performance could help.

Winning on the road, on primetime, on 4 days rest, is tough though. If we come out and play our game though I think we'll be ok.

I know it's only a few hours, but I'm surprised we played in the 4:00 game when we have a Thursday night game...I could see if we were playing someone out West, but it was the Jets.

I was shocked to learn that the Bengals have beaten the Dolphins only twice since 1977 and only three times since 1969.

Bengals are 2-11 against the Dolphins in the last 13 games and 3-14 in the last 17 games.  They trail the overall series 15-5 and are 2-6 all-time in games in Miami.

Just like this week with the Jets, we owe these bastards.

Wonder if Hawkins will be activated for the Miami game? And if so, who sits assuming Sanu is healthy enough to play? There's no way they can have 6 WRs/4 TEs(including Charles) all active. Especially since they have quite a few injured guys on defense.

We haven't won anything yet.

Thanks coach.  Keep your nose down. 

Meanwhile I'll enjoy charting the top teams of the league and where we stand against them as far as playoff seedings go.  Because, you see, I'm not actually playing the game and don't have to act like I'm a player. I get to be a fan.

And right now, that's kind of fun.

I'll take either. I'm not really worrying too much about the week in and week out and this point.  But we need all hands on deck for January. 

Oh, I think all of these regular season games will be crucial. Playoff seeding is very important, especially for a team that hasn't won a postseason game in so long. Gotta get over that hump.

Thanks coach.  Keep your nose down. 

Meanwhile I'll enjoy charting the top teams of the league and where we stand against them as far as playoff seedings go.  Because, you see, I'm not actually playing the game and don't have to act like I'm a player. I get to be a fan.

And right now, that's kind of fun.

lol

I think the short turnaround is going to be tough for the Phins also.

They had a really crushing loss today. Up 14 in the 2nd half vs. the pats and just folded. They are now 2.5 games back of the Pats and likely have no chance to win that division now. Has to be hard not to be pretty demoralized...

The short week scares me.  I hope they play with the fire they had today.  My goodness, my goodness...

I would love for them to come out with the fire they had today. Another big win against a decent team on a primetime game would be awesome. Especially if dalton and the offense keep playing the way they are.

Hope they keep the pedal to the metal against Miami. I brought one of my fraternity brothers who is a huge Dolphins fan to the game last year and that was a sucky loss. The Phins fans were cool though. Somebody had a huge wooden bar built on a trailer that they towed up and had parked at Longworth Hall.

Archived