Chargers Week Notes Part Deux

Dre is a young player with a ton of pressure. He's a first round pick struggling to play well. Of course he should have batted it down but I can forgive him for not thinking it through. I'm happy he was in the right place and had the opportunity for a pick and a pick 6.

I was a little upset about him not dropping it during the game, but in the grand scheme of things, maybe the pick is something that helps him boost his confidence.  Being a first rounder who hasn't done much and just recently got burnt on a double move the week before.  Little things like that can really give a boost to a player.

Just looking on the bright side.  We really need 27 to have some confidence boosting things to happen so that he is ready to go if his number is called in the playoffs.

Watch the video at the bottom, Deion gives us some love, and say what you will about Marshal Faulk I do think he makes a good point. At home, unbeatable, on the road were not always the same team. Hopefully they can change that in short time.

That should be a lesson to the media hacks - sure Faulk doesn't like us, but he finds a valid reason to ground it on.  It isn't that hard to go beyond the hackneyed storylines.

Dre should have known the situation and knocked the ball down, no excuse for that. There aren't that many times a team goes for it on fourth down and if you're a cornerback, that should be the first thing you tell yourself when they do. It's fourth down, if the ball is deep I need to knock it down.

Young or not, no excuse.

There is zero chance it doesn't sell out. Are people really worried about this? Come on.

Other than anyone on here, Cincinnati fans are fucking pathetic. Always nitpicking and pessimistic. People won't go to the game because they don't want to give Mike Brown money or because were going to lose like we always do. Shit like that. Maybe more people would go if we started that Jake Johnson guy at qb.

Dre should have known the situation and knocked the ball down, no excuse for that. There aren't that many times a team goes for it on fourth down and if you're a cornerback, that should be the first thing you tell yourself when they do. It's fourth down, if the ball is deep I need to knock it down.

Young or not, no excuse.

Dre isn't the sharpest tool in the box. Can't imagine it going well if he tried to think about time and situation during a play. I'll take him being in the right position as a win.

Chargers linebacker Thomas Keiser arrested

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on December 31, 2013, 1:14 AM EST

thomas-keiser.jpg?w=233AP

Celebrating a playoff berth has apparently proved to be a bad idea for San Diego Chargers linebacker Thomas Keiser.

According to Teri Figueroa and Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune, Keiser was arrested at a restaurant in the Gaslamp Quarter of San Diego on a misdemeanor battery charge after an altercation Sunday night.

Keiser was arrested after police were called to break up a fight between Keiser and another man.

“We’re aware of the issue involving Thomas,” the Chargers said Monday night in a statement to the Union-Tribune. “We’ll continue to monitor the situation and let the legal process run its course.”

The Chargers had just wrapped up a playoff berth earlier in the day with an overtime victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. San Diego will play at Cincinnati this weekend in the Wild Card round of the playoffs. Keiser is expected to play for the Chargers.

Keiser has 4.5 sacks, 21 tackles and an interception this year in 12 games for the Chargers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/31/chargers-linebacker-thomas-keiser-arrested/

Other than anyone on here, Cincinnati fans are fucking pathetic. Always nitpicking and pessimistic. People won't go to the game because they don't want to give Mike Brown money or because were going to lose like we always do. Shit like that. Maybe more people would go if we started that Jake Johnson guy at qb.

if i dont windup working sunday, i may have to take a trip down there.

Wrong.  There are a few fucking pathetic fans here, too.  Sadly.

Just a lot of dumb negativity towards this team. I'm not one whose always positive, I spew my negativety sometimes, but I constantly hear how this team won't win in the playoffs because they haven't before. Or because Dalton sucks. He has some pretty damn good career stats so far that say otherwise.

I'm not saying the city should have blind support, like the idiots up in Cleveland, but we've made the playoffs 3 straight years now, people should be supporting in full force. Seems like making the playoffs isn't such a big deal to a lot of people.

It's only Tuesday, going to be a long week. Who Dey!

I am already nervous. My emotions are just going to be a wreck Sunday.

Can you imagine if we can go up like 21-0?? That stadium would be getting torn down from excitement.

This is going to be a tough game and I have mixed emotions about it. I think everyone would have felt more comfortable if Dalton didn't throw 4 ints Sunday but hopefully he got it all out of his system. Maybe that is the best thing to happen to us before the playoffs is him throwing 4 ints.

I will say I love how this team is maturing and the seem like the most legitimate team I have ever seen in the NFL emotionally. Usually players are all about themselves but everyone is for the team. Here is to ML and these Bengals!! Who Dey!!!!

Sell out PBS!!

Young or not, no excuse.

I've seen Charles Woodson catch the ball for an INT on 4th and 27 a couple years ago as a Packer. There is none of this "no excuse" crap. A DB is taught to catch the ball whenever they can. The only time they don't is when they are SPECIFICALLY instructed in the huddle prior to that play to knock it down. The last thing they want is the players on the field looking at the down and distance to determine their strategy before each snap...especially a young DB who is relatively inexperienced. The job is on Zimmer to mention it to Burfict through the helmet and Burfict to pass it along when calling the play. 

I am already nervous. My emotions are just going to be a wreck Sunday.

Can you imagine if we can go up like 21-0?? That stadium would be getting torn down from excitement.

This is going to be a tough game and I have mixed emotions about it. I think everyone would have felt more comfortable if Dalton didn't throw 4 ints Sunday but hopefully he got it all out of his system. Maybe that is the best thing to happen to us before the playoffs is him throwing 4 ints.

I will say I love how this team is maturing and the seem like the most legitimate team I have ever seen in the NFL emotionally. Usually players are all about themselves but everyone is for the team. Here is to ML and these Bengals!! Who Dey!!!!

Sell out PBS!!

'eh no need to freak out much at all.  Hell, only the last INT was really bad as far as Dalton goes.  The rest were a drop/slight underthrow, miscommunication, and a quit route by AJ.

Not focusing just on the stat line, Dalton IMO threw 3-4 of the best passes of his career Sunday.  

'eh no need to freak out much at all.  Hell, only the last INT was really bad as far as Dalton goes.  The rest were a drop/slight underthrow, miscommunication, and a quit route by AJ.

Not focusing just on the stat line, Dalton IMO threw 3-4 of the best passes of his career Sunday.  

The first INT was Jones fault and should have been PI on Baltimore anyways.

The second INT looked like Dalton overthrew it, but that AJ never saw it. I think AJ could have jumped and gotten his hands on it if he saw it, but it was a bad throw.

The 3rd INT looked like he was throwing to Dane who had his mean beat but AJ ran to the exact same spot on the field. One of those two WRs ran the wrong route and it brought extra coverage into the area.

The 4th INT was just a bad throw by Andy though AJ could have helped him out by breaking it up or pulling the DB down as well.

It shows 4 INTs, but I look at it as only 2 INTs on Dalton so it really doesn't concern me.

Archived