With the 164th Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Bengals Select AJ McCarron, QB Alabama!!

Now-Comes-The-Part-Where-We-Throw-Our-He

come on man... a bizillion different threads say differently...

I don't think you get it. People think we should find a replacement for dalton and that it's not as hard as people are making it sound. They aren't saying just anyone can replace him. That's a strawman

I really think McCarron has potential to be a good one.  Obviously it won't be overnight, but he has a lot of good things going for him.  He's got a good frame and could probably add quite a bit of muscle.  He takes REALLY good care of the ball.  77-15 TD:INT at Bama, which is incredible when you think about the fact that he was playing against a lot of current pro's today.  He seems to be a bit of a dick and he really has an edge to him.  I expect him to really improve over these next few years.

If Andy wants a ton of money, maybe he walks, Jason Campbell starts next season and AJ takes over the year after.  If we sign Andy, maybe AJ shows some good stuff during pre-season and eventually nets us a better draft pick than the fifth we spent.  Or maybe we just found a backup QB for awhile.  I certainly wouldn't see him being a factor in andy negotiations, though.

Alright, which one of you wiseguys bought Daltonsucks.com?

LMAO. Awesome. 

Wasn't me, though.  You can probably get the .net or something.

Other suggestions:

Dalton4HOF.x

DumboDalton.x

TeamOfLosers.x

DaltonAnti-DefamationLeague.x

EverythingSucksButI'llAlwaysBeABengalsFan.x

etc etc..  Use your imagination!

Mccarron is essentially dalton without experiences.

Yes!! I don't get why some people here think he has no chance.. They think Andy is at least average too.like Lombardi says football is 90% from the neck up..that's what makes McCarron so much better

@ColeyHarvey. To kind of piggyback on the last question, we'll segue here by saying that Burfict seems most likely to be the first of the Bengals' two big anticipated signees. I would imagine Andy Dalton wouldn't be too far behind as long as the two sides can come to an agreement. Since it's hard to quantify Dalton's worth and compare it to some of the game's highest earning quarterbacks, it's not easy to ballpark what Dalton will receive. He could take home just shy of $20 million a year, putting him in a league with the likes of Joe FlaccoMatt RyanEli Manning and Jay Cutler. Dalton also could earn slightly less, putting him in the $15 million to $18 million bracket; a place most think he'll fall, but a place many aren't convinced he's fully earned his way to. As for AJ, I'm assuming you mean AJ McCarron and not Green. Is he legitimate competition for Dalton? Not as an immediate starter, but if you give McCarron another season or so he could compete for starting action down the line. Is that here or somewhere else? Who knows? Yes, having playmakers and a good offensive line helps, but McCarron didn't just win back-to-back national titles in college off luck. He'll be a starter before his career is finished.

I wonder what our future Quarterback AJ Mccarron and his beautiful girlfriend Katherine Webb are doing right now?  :8:

He's trying to figure out exactly how much of his bonus will go to a Freedom Cobra tattoo, provided he can find anywhere not already covered with county jail-quality crap

Freedom_Cobra_tattoo.jpg

Meanwhile, Webb is considering whether their relationship is still benefiting her career or if now would be a good time to go solo, maybe do a Go-Daddy advertisement or try to land a guest spot on an ESPN talk show.

He's trying to figure out exactly how much of his bonus will go to a Freedom Cobra tattoo, provided he can find anywhere not already covered with county jail-quality crap

Freedom_Cobra_tattoo.jpg

Meanwhile, Webb is considering whether their relationship is still benefiting her career or if now would be a good time to go solo, maybe do a Go-Daddy advertisement or try to land a guest spot on an ESPN talk show.

Certainly she should do the Go-Daddy ads first.

Archived