With the 164th Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Bengals Select AJ McCarron, QB Alabama!!

Yeah. Future #2 QB.

:)

You do understand that the coaching staff see him as a starter don't you? Not this year but in the near future. If Dalton doesn't sign his extension this year you can count on it that AJ is your next starting QB. Or if Andy tanks it this year you can count on it AJ is your next starting QB. AJ is not going to settle being a backup.

You do understand that the coaching staff see him as a starter don't you? Not this year but in the near future. If Dalton doesn't sign his extension this year you can count on it that AJ is your next starting QB. Or if Andy tanks it this year you can count on it AJ is your next starting QB. AJ is not going to settle being a backup.

Mehh, I agree McCarron will not settle for being the backup.  I doubt the coaching staff see him as the starter NOW since he is yet to take a snap in training camp.   Like all good coaching staffs, they will see how he does before drawing any conclusions and this is a matter that takes quite a bit of time.

LOL. If they saw him as a starter they, along with every other NFL team, would have spent more than a 5th round pick on him. 

They also wouldn't be offering Dalton a "Significant Contract Package."  Think about it. Even if he were to take the low end of what's been suggested around here, say 12MM a year (and you can be sure he was offered a good deal more than that), that's about 11MM/year more than you want to be paying a guy you know will be your backup.

You're out of your fucking mind if you think there's any chance the Bengals coaching staff are planning on AJ McCarron being their starter at any point in the near future. 

They may think he's capable of doing the job, should the circumstances arise, but they sure as fuck do not plan on having anyone other than Andy Dalton under center anytime soon.

If Andy doesn't get extended, I hope they have a better back up plan than a 5th round guy.

Also, all NFL level players are competive and hungry to start when they first enter the league. Id be worried about AJ as the back up if he were content being the back up.

No they don't.  Every person involved on the coaching staff has said they expect Andy to be the long term starter on this team.  Quit hanging with Khat, it's obvious the "Delusionalism" is Infectious! :onoudidnt:

I'm just happy they have a transition plan if Andy prices himself out, so that we arent put in a position of having no choice but to start a rookie again. Doesn't mean AJ will ever take a snap in a regular season game, we may end up drafting a QB early next year and starting him, we may get a vet FA and start him, but at least we arent put in a position where we are caught with our pants down.

Doc: Bengals' AJ McCarron changed by serious accident

Paul Daugherty, pdaugherty@enquirer.com 6:28 p.m. EDT May 14, 2014

...He wound up floating face down, the left side of his crushed. His left eye "was hanging by a tendon,'' he says...

How ironic that this draft pick made a bunch of guys' eyes pop out...

Like it or not we're about to have a QB controversy and AJ is going to run Andy out of town like Philip Rivers did with Drew :) write it down, remember it, take a picture cause I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuckkkkk!

If they picked a QB in the top five of the draft like SD did, I would think so... Not a 5th rounder.. Not this year anyway.

This guy is the future of this team.

Rumble in a nutshell.  You run a few restaurants IIRC, do you fire people and cancel vendor/supplier contracts after a bad week and then latch onto shiny new employees and tout new suppliers for 3 weeks until they inevitably disappoint you the way you do with players on this team?

Like it or not we're about to have a QB controversy and AJ is going to run Andy out of town like Philip Rivers did with Drew :) write it down, remember it, take a picture cause I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuckkkkk!

Brees left San Diego and promptly won MVP awards and a championship.

His replacement, Phillip Rivers, is mostly known as a hillbilly who wears bolo ties.

Advantage Dalton.

AJ to AJ...... Touchdown!

That's what I'm talkin bout :dance:

:lol:

Made me smile.

Archived