Has anyone seen Go in this forum?

So 1 small part of what alleycat said was untrue. Let's focus only on that, shall we? 

Claiming supporters of Dalton have been banned in the past FOR supporting Dalton in NOT a small anything, it is patently false.

Andy Dalton is playing great right now as is the entire offense for the most part.   The fact, however, is that Andy could lead this team to a 16-0 regular season but his legacy is no longer about the regular season anymore than Peyton Manning's was in his 5th year.  

Reminder it wasn't until Manning's 5th season did he win a playoff game and you are kidding yourself if you don't think he had a HUGE monkey on his back at that point.  No, it isn't fair to entirely blame Dalton for our 4 1 and Dones in a row but that is how QBs are judged in the long run: Playoff success.  

Fact is, I don't think history will be nearly as kind to Peyton Manning as many think.  All around nice guy who, given excellent protection and weapons, could win games but his playoff record, particularly going 1 and done in 2007 with easily the best team in the league will not put him in the top 5 QBs all time.   Heck the year Manning won his ONLY Lombardi trophy he played like crap against the Ravens: 15 of 30 for 160 yds  with 2 ints and 0tds.  Baltimore gift wrapped 3 FGs with 4 turnovers and that was the difference in the game.   The Superbowl win was on the backs of their running game. 

The Bengals MUST win a playoff game to get this monkey off Andy's back.   It doesn't matter how he plays, the Bengals simply need to win. 

This thread is quite entertaining.....the comments are for sure, but the original point of this thread......to ask a grown ass man with multiple kids and a full time+ job, why he's not posting on an internet forum....has to take the cake.   

Then the comments, that validate such foolishness...

This thread is quite entertaining.....the comments are for sure, but the original point of this thread......to ask a grown ass man with multiple kids and a full time+ job, why he's not posting on an internet forum....has to take the cake.   

Then the comments, that validate such foolishness...

:41:

I'm glad nobody has called me out yet for not meeting the quota for Dalton praise this season. I barely have time to watch the games anymore.

FTR, I never said anyone was banned for supporting Dalton. I said some were banned in the process of defending him, a process which was needlessly overzealously and exaggeratedly initiated by a core of posters whose (documented) stance on our QB would be considered nothing short of trolling by any objective observer. If, say, those posters didn't slather some version of 'DALTON SUCKS!' Across every thread, rhetoric would have been much more tame around here and the overall level of discourse more civil. After all, this is a forum that pupports to be a fan site. Hard to enjoy your team, or continually argue for your QB whose first 4 years of performance reached historically equivalent levels with some of the best to ever play the game, when the people you are arguing with would rather see the guy (and their team by extension) fail, and so be "right". 

And sure. There were a few Dalton Defenders among us. I am quite certain that over time, there will be a great deal more revisionist history and their ranks will swell. I wouldn't be surprised if we mysteriously lost even more of our archived posts, thus removing more incriminating evidence from the scene of the crime. 

I personally advocate the truth and reconciliation approach that has worked so well in post atrocity settings around the world. Stand before us, confess your crimes, and return like prodigal children into the open arms of the other fans that are thrilled to see their team succeed. After all, isn't that, ideally, why we are here?

Claiming supporters of Dalton have been banned in the past FOR supporting Dalton in NOT a small anything, it is patently false.

Andy Dalton is playing great right now as is the entire offense for the most part.   The fact, however, is that Andy could lead this team to a 16-0 regular season but his legacy is no longer about the regular season anymore than Peyton Manning's was in his 5th year.  

Reminder it wasn't until Manning's 5th season did he win a playoff game and you are kidding yourself if you don't think he had a HUGE monkey on his back at that point.  No, it isn't fair to entirely blame Dalton for our 4 1 and Dones in a row but that is how QBs are judged in the long run: Playoff success.  

Fact is, I don't think history will be nearly as kind to Peyton Manning as many think.  All around nice guy who, given excellent protection and weapons, could win games but his playoff record, particularly going 1 and done in 2007 with easily the best team in the league will not put him in the top 5 QBs all time.   Heck the year Manning won his ONLY Lombardi trophy he played like crap against the Ravens: 15 of 30 for 160 yds  with 2 ints and 0tds.  Baltimore gift wrapped 3 FGs with 4 turnovers and that was the difference in the game.   The Superbowl win was on the backs of their running game. 

The Bengals MUST win a playoff game to get this monkey off Andy's back.   It doesn't matter how he plays, the Bengals simply need to win. 

I agree with your overall point SF but ought'nt we enjoy the ride until we get there? And just maybe, MAYBE, can't we allow for a little hope along the way, a hope that that maybe, just MAYBE might translate into good will that will be felt as support by our heretofore maligned QB?  It's true that winners make believers out of us all, but it's also true that believing can help make winners. 

I don't remember seeing him.

He used to be a great Bengals apologist. Now, with the team, Dalton in particular, he is invisible.

Will he show and be happy before Dalton has an off game?

dalton has played lights out for the most part, havent really played anyone yet either..  so he is doing as he should.. good to see he is playing badly against bad opponents...

made a few throws he usually doesnt.. i think 4 throws he normally fucks up he nailed totally..

happy to see it. happy to be 4-0

work life has been miserable, only reason i came here was i saw my name in the forum preview..

been promoted, then underpaid, at a new spot, then forcefully transferred to yet another place, and now threatening layoffs..

chatting football has been a lower priority this year..

work life has been miserable, only reason i came here was i saw my name in the forum preview..

been promoted, then underpaid, at a new spot, then forcefully transferred to yet another place, and now threatening layoffs..

chatting football has been a lower priority this year..

Football is just a game.  Good luck with your shitty work conditions. 

I agree with your overall point SF but ought'nt we enjoy the ride until we get there? And just maybe, MAYBE, can't we allow for a little hope along the way, a hope that that maybe, just MAYBE might translate into good will that will be felt as support by our heretofore maligned QB?  It's true that winners make believers out of us all, but it's also true that believing can help make winners. 

Who was bashing Dalton? Someone pointed out that no one was bashing Dalton because no one was doing it. Everyone was happy. 

FTR, I never said anyone was banned for supporting Dalton. I said some were banned in the process of defending him, a process which was needlessly overzealously and exaggeratedly initiated by a core of posters whose (documented) stance on our QB would be considered nothing short of trolling by any objective observer. If, say, those posters didn't slather some version of 'DALTON SUCKS!' Across every thread, rhetoric would have been much more tame around here and the overall level of discourse more civil. After all, this is a forum that pupports to be a fan site. Hard to enjoy your team, or continually argue for your QB whose first 4 years of performance reached historically equivalent levels with some of the best to ever play the game, when the people you are arguing with would rather see the guy (and their team by extension) fail, and so be "right". 

And sure. There were a few Dalton Defenders among us. I am quite certain that over time, there will be a great deal more revisionist history and their ranks will swell. I wouldn't be surprised if we mysteriously lost even more of our archived posts, thus removing more incriminating evidence from the scene of the crime. 

I personally advocate the truth and reconciliation approach that has worked so well in post atrocity settings around the world. Stand before us, confess your crimes, and return like prodigal children into the open arms of the other fans that are thrilled to see their team succeed. After all, isn't that, ideally, why we are here?

tumblr_mfdz9xgNvU1r5i7w0o1_400.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/xcOYPBgC_E/

Archived