Would you trade Dalton to the Browns

The surface answer is no, but it also depends. Can McCarron get significantly better with a complete training camp and preseason as the full on starter getting all the reps with the first team? If the coaches think he can (and remember, we have at least a temporary reduction in offensive weaponry with Jones and Sanu gone) then I would back the move.

The surface answer is no, but it also depends. Can McCarron get significantly better with a complete training camp and preseason as the full on starter getting all the reps with the first team? If the coaches think he can (and remember, we have at least a temporary reduction in offensive weaponry with Jones and Sanu gone) then I would back the move.

I think we could also get more from Dalton, honestly. Probably more like what we got for Carson  , maybe more..2 first rounders (1 this year and 1 in 17) and a 2nd rounder 

Consider? Since that is overpaying by at least 3 rounds I would even put a bow on his neck when I put him in the airplane

If Brock can that type of contract , then we can get at least a 2nd rounder for McCarron from a desperate team. 

Not sure we could get two 1sts and a 2nd for Dalton but if someone even offered a 1st and a 2nd (and maybe also a later round pick) if I were Mike Brown I'd seriously have a discussion about it. There's certainly pros and cons. The biggest argument against it as already stated is the huge risk of regression if you go with McCarron, but the real question is how far do we regress with him and is it worth the risk? We'd pick up a lot of cheap talent in return, plus the picks we already have, and with the way the Bengals have been drafting that'd be mighty tempting.

The other con would be how much cap money in guaranteed dollars would we forfeit in accordance with Dalton's contract to make such a move. I suppose there's always a way to get the interested team to eat that cost as well.

No way the Browns trade for Dalton.....my sources say that Hue is in talks with Arizona trying to trade for Carson Palmer.  He said it would be the 2nd greatest trade in football.

LOL, yeah right. I don't think there's any chance in the world that Carson asks his wife to come back to the Midwest, especially to a team where the likelihood of failure is so high. The trash piles on his lawn in Cleveland would be piled higher than his SUV could climb, PLUS they'd be infested with staph.

LOL, yeah right. I don't think there's any chance in the world that Carson asks his wife to come back to the Midwest, especially to a team where the likelihood of failure is so high. The trash piles on his lawn in Cleveland would be piled higher than his SUV could climb, PLUS they'd be infested with staph.

Um, I think you missed the joke about Hue.

Nobody should be untradeable. Dalton is coming off a good season and is on a cheap contract for the next 4 years. So a team wanting him should give up more than a 1st, especially a division foe. McCarron also has decent trade value and is probably worth a late 1st. He performed better vs Denver on Monday Night Football than Cam Newton did in the Super Bowl. 

That would be ridiculous.

I would give them McCarron and our second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Cleveland offered you their 1st rounder this season, along with their 2nd rounder and a 3rd next year for Dalton you wouldn't even consider it?

Um, I think you missed the joke about Hue.

Nobody should be untradeable. Dalton is coming off a good season and is on a cheap contract for the next 4 years. So a team wanting him should give up more than a 1st, especially a division foe. McCarron also has decent trade value and is probably worth a late 1st. He performed better vs Denver on Monday Night Football than Cam Newton did in the Super Bowl. 

I wouldn't consider Dalton untradeable.  I'm not making a trade in the division that has a chance to make a crap team good.  :) 

I wouldn't consider Dalton untraceable.  I'm not making a trade in the division that has a chance to make a crap team good.  :) 

I'd consider it if they overpay. The Clowns have wasted first round picks recently on Weeden and Manziel and in the more distant past on Quinn. They're probably going to take Wentz or Goff this year without much of a running game or receivers. Their O-line got worse this year too. So if we asked for something like their 1st and 2nd this year plus 1st next year for Dalton, they might consider it. I'd be ok with McCarron as the starter if we got a decent haul for Andy. 

If we had McCarron instead of Dalton at QB but added say Bosa and Billings in the 1st plus Shepard and Nick Martin in the 2nd, we'd be in good shape. And we'd probably have another top 10 pick in 2017. 

What if the Browns offered what the Rams offered for Wentz? 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds? I'd do that trade in an instant. Last year was in effect McCarron's first year and he played better than Andy did as a rookie (or 2nd year player for that matter). 

When they make that offer, then we can worry about it, but I'll take the Dalton we've developed over the Mc Cootee of your Dreams.

The thought of trading Dalton for the number two pick is orgasmic no doubt. 

I think it would be more epic than the Palmer trade. Like 100x times more epic because you know Dalton and the turds won't win but a few games and we can win with all kind of different guys at QB.

We'd still be winning and the turds would still be losing.

Archived