Browns place RG3 on IR

Linky: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000701223/article/browns-place-robert-griffin-iii-on-injured-reserve

Browns place Robert Griffin III on injured reserve

Published:  Sept. 12, 2016 at 02:26 p.m.  
Updated:  Sept. 12, 2016 at 02:33 p.m.   

Robert Griffin III's first season with the Cleveland Browns is in jeopardy.

The Browns placed RGIII on injured reserve Monday after announcing he had suffered a fractured coracoid bone in his left shoulder during their loss to the Eagles on Sunday.

Under the new injured reserve rules for the 2016 season, each team can designate one player to return. Designation does not need to be made until that player is able to return to practice. A player placed on injured reserve is eligible to return to practice in six weeks and must miss a minimum of eight games.

Around the NFL will have more on this story shortly.

http-chronicle-northcoastnow-com-wp-cont

:lol: Fuck you Hue Jackson! 

The Bengals offered you a transition plan to take over for Marvin where you could inherit one of the best rosters in the NFL and have job security for the next 15 years. But no, some Moneyball douchebags gave you the reach around and you pounced on the first limp dick that showed any interest in you. Well now you done fucked up and will surely be fired within 2 years tops. 

I hope Hue comes crawling back to Cincy and that Marvin has him wash the towels.  

hqdefault.jpg

Also Cleveland could have had Carson Wentz with the #2 pick ... that is what makes yesterday's loss all the more enjoyable. 

But no, Cleveland does what they always do and fucking blew it. Their team and organization should be dissolved for the betterment of the league. It is embarrassing to have them as a franchise and that the Bengals have to share a state with such perennial losers. I don't care how many draft picks they have, they will always suck. The org is rotten to the root and cursed. Use the stadium as a landfill and terminate the team by placing the factory of sadness out of business. 

21 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

hqdefault.jpg

Also Cleveland could have had Carson Wentz with the #2 pick ... that is what makes yesterday's loss all the more enjoyable. 

But no, Cleveland does what they always do and fucking blew it. Their team and organization should be dissolved for the betterment of the league. It is embarrassing to have them as a franchise and that the Bengals have to share a state with such perennial losers. I don't care how many draft picks they have, they will always suck. The org is rotten to the root and cursed. Use the stadium as a landfill and terminate the team by placing the factory of sadness out of business. 

Id rather have 2 easy wins in the division. 

5 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

http-chronicle-northcoastnow-com-wp-cont

:lol: Fuck you Hue Jackson! 

The Bengals offered you a transition plan to take over for Marvin where you could inherit one of the best rosters in the NFL and have job security for the next 15 years. But no, some Moneyball douchebags gave you the reach around and you pounced on the first limp dick that showed any interest in you. Well now you done fucked up and will surely be fired within 2 years tops. 

I hope Hue comes crawling back to Cincy and that Marvin has him wash the towels.  

You realize that Hue and Marvin came up with the succession plan for Hue to take over in 2 years but Mike Brown would not commit, not sure why you are mad at Hue.

He got two job offers for his dream job and he chose the one that allowed him to stay closer to his family here in Cincinnati. 

Don't understand why you are mad at Hue, if anything be mad at Mike Brown for not wanting to put the succession plan in writing and agreeing to it.

9 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

You realize that Hue and Marvin came up with the succession plan for Hue to take over in 2 years but Mike Brown would not commit, not sure why you are mad at Hue.

He got two job offers for his dream job and he chose the one that allowed him to stay closer to his family here in Cincinnati. 

Don't understand why you are mad at Hue, if anything be mad at Mike Brown for not wanting to put the succession plan in writing and agreeing to it.

Does he stay if Mike Brown puts it in writing? I think the guy is going to do some really nice things. Just hope it isn't in Cleveland.

What was the other team? NYG?

5 minutes ago, JC said:

Does he stay if Mike Brown puts it in writing? I think the guy is going to do some really nice things. Just hope it isn't in Cleveland.

What was the other team? NYG?

Absolutely, he has family here and wanted to be here but he couldn't pass up an opportunity to be a HC, especially when MB wouldn't guarantee him the job here. 

I think most would have made the same decision if they were in a similar situation.

The 49ers made him an offer but he chose the Browns.

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

hqdefault.jpg

Dissolve the Stains and lose all of the wholesome family comedic entertainment that comes with them?  Not a chance.  Besides, they're exactly what the inmates of the Cuyahoga Criminal Colony deserve.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-cleveland-browns-1784308358

By the end of this season, RG3 will be wandering around the stadium before games in street clothes, triply deactivated, wondering how he managed to tear the same knee ligament in eight places while tweeting out a logo redesign.

RG3 is the presumed starter until, oh, let’s call it Week 3 of the preseason. After that, it’s another season hanging at the the Josh McCown Memorial Turnpike Stop And Rest Area.

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing a little digging.... the Browns are apparently paying for THREE Head Coaches right now:

Chudzinski signed a 4 year, 14M contract for the 2013 season.  That's an average of 3.5M per season through 2016, so unless they offered him a buy-out he should still be on their payroll.  Petting signed a 4-year deal (I can't find the value) for the 2014 season, with a team option for a 5th year.  Assuming similar cash as Chud, that's another 3.5M per season through 2017.  And of course Hue signed on for what I *think* was a 3-year $12M deal, which would be 2016 thru 2018.  That means, as far as I can tell, they're paying:

2016:  $3.5M for Chudzinski + $3.5M for Pettie + $4.0M for Hue = $11M
2017: $3.5M for Pettine + $4.0M for Hue + whatever they sign their next HC for = $7.5M + 1 contract
2018: $4.0 for Hue + whatever they pay for their 2017 hire + whatever they sign their NEXT HC for = $4.0M + 2 contracts

By comparison, the Pats are paying Belicheck $7.5M this year.  He has 3 wins so far, which works out to $2.5M per win.  At $11M invested this year, the Browns should be closing in on win #4 by now.

Lol.

Archived