Fire Zac Shula and go after Jim Harbaugh...

I assume that Michigan will be moving on from their "savior" Jim Harbaugh after it's clear that he's not worth the money.  Another failed season...losing to Indiana of all teams.

It's also clear that Zac Morris..er Shula...er Taylor is probably not the answer.  Unless he leads them to a 5-3 finish, get rid of him and go after Harbaugh.  He's probably still pissed he lost the Super Bowl to his younger brother.  What better way to get revenge than to beat him twice a year ? 

2 hours ago, tibor75 said:

I assume that Michigan will be moving on from their "savior" Jim Harbaugh after it's clear that he's not worth the money.  Another failed season...losing to Indiana of all teams.

It's also clear that Zac Morris..er Shula...er Taylor is probably not the answer.  Unless he leads them to a 5-3 finish, get rid of him and go after Harbaugh.  He's probably still pissed he lost the Super Bowl to his younger brother.  What better way to get revenge than to beat him twice a year ? 

Harbaugh?...hahahahaha

3 hours ago, tibor75 said:

That idiot can’t win with talent in college football.  How is he going to win in the NFL when the whole league knows he’s a nut bag?   One of your worst takes ever.  

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I think he won at least 3 of his 20,000 challenges as the 49'ers HC.

I cant remember those 3. .😎

Seriously he had success with the Niners when Colin was primed for a season or two..

He had success at Stanford with Andrew Luck..

He came to Michigan as a HC with a QB  background in him..

He has yet to recruit any semblance of a 1st rounder there yet..nothing!!

I dont understand that about Harbaugh and Michigan...

In his defense, (I just threw up in my mouth) Michigan Football is the most overrated program in the history of athletics.  They have won (split) 1 National Championship in 70 years (1997)..

And if any of their fans try and claim 11, tell them they are full of shit and basically 10 are made up out of thin air and were before 1950.  4 were from 1901-1904 and were simply produced decades later when some dying Chicago sportswriter put together a list of the best football teams every year since 1900. The others besides 2007 saw them anointed by obscure sports organizations. The AP poll didn’t start until 1936, coaches in 1950. 

Their last Big 10 title?  2004. Michigan State has won 3 since then. Number of Nat titles under Bo Schembechler?  ZERO. Ann Arbor?  Sucks.  Neighboring Detroit? Really sucks. 

27 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I would settle for a name DC for next season and a name OL coach

Same but I'm very skeptical of the talent level they're working with and the team's ability to improve it.   We need an NFL-tier scouting department so we don't keep asking these coaches to somehow transform the likes of Ross or Ogbuehi.  <something about chicken salad?>

eta - Not letting the coaches draft pet projects would be a good start.  Not sold on Tobin either but who really knows if he's calling these shots or just what our draft room looks like, on a scale of 1 to prison bus crash at the zoo.

I am just sick of seeing teams like Pittsburgh and Baltimore littered with difference makers and we have what?   Yeah, Burrow, Boyd, Mixon and Higgins are nice but our defense is just a bunch of guys.  

We have nothing close to TJ Watt, Minkha Fitzpatrick, Haden or Cameron Hayward on our team.  They also have Devin Bush who is hurt.  We have nothing close. 

11 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I am just sick of seeing teams like Pittsburgh and Baltimore littered with difference makers and we have what?   Yeah, Burrow, Boyd, Mixon and Higgins are nice but our defense is just a bunch of guys.  

We have nothing close to TJ Watt, Minkha Fitzpatrick, Haden or Cameron Hayward on our team.  They also have Devin Bush who is hurt.  We have nothing close. 

Very frustrating indeed. Which is why the so called culture change has little chance of success unless or until actual office and personnel staff changes happen. But yes, I know, we are all repeating ourselves. 

Well we had Burfict for awhile, but the Bengals are not allowed to play hard nosed football like the Ravens and Stealers. Every time we have a defender knock the crap out of anyone, we get a penalty called on us and every announcer says we have dirty players. The other teams do it and it's just hard nosed football. 

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

He's as good of a safety as there is in the NFL right now....yes that includes anyone from Pitt or Balt. 

But at the end of the day, if we are getting no pressure on the QB, Bates can only do so much.   It is like being Geno Atkins the last three years, you can’t pick up the slack for 7 or 8 bad players.  

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

But at the end of the day, if we are getting no pressure on the QB, Bates can only do so much.   It is like being Geno Atkins the last three years, you can’t pick up the slack for 7 or 8 bad players.  

I don’t disagree with any of that.
You had mentioned Minkah Fitzpatrick and I’m just saying Bates is every bit as good....even with the rest of them sucking.  

On 11/8/2020 at 6:53 PM, T-Dub said:

Same but I'm very skeptical of the talent level they're working with and the team's ability to improve it.   We need an NFL-tier scouting department so we don't keep asking these coaches to somehow transform the likes of Ross or Ogbuehi.  <something about chicken salad?>

eta - Not letting the coaches draft pet projects would be a good start.  Not sold on Tobin either but who really knows if he's calling these shots or just what our draft room looks like, on a scale of 1 to prison bus crash at the zoo.

You said "on a scale of one  to prison bus crash at the zoo"...

Where did you come up with that thought?

Its so outlandish of a statement that..

i applaud you my man..

14 hours ago, spicoli said:

I don’t disagree with any of that.
You had mentioned Minkah Fitzpatrick and I’m just saying Bates is every bit as good....even with the rest of them sucking.  

I agree.  If you have 1 excellent  player in the NBA you can win and do ok in the playoffs.  2 makes you a serious contender. 3 makes you almost unstoppable.

In the NFL with a 22 man starting roster you need at least 5 to become a contender,  they can’t all be on offense and one of them must be your QB and another an edge rusher or freak like Aaron Donald.  

It’s almost impossible to win playoff games  if you can’t pressure the QB, Seattle is a good example. Decent team that goes nowhere in the playoffs.  People forget KC has the Honey Badger along with both Frank Clark and Chris Jones on their d line. Of course it’s hard to not focus on Mahomes, Kelce and Tyrek Hill but it really is a great overall team.  

On 11/8/2020 at 9:25 PM, SF2 said:

Hasn't this been the case since....Paul Brown?

Archived