Next Year's Alternate Helmet

Alternate Helmet  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which alternate helmet do you prefer

• Reverse Black and Orange
    • White and Black

2 hours ago, gupps said:

Well, if we used the white/black helmet with the all white uni we could be the Cincinnati Generics  or maybe the Cincinnati Barcodes. Press would have a field day.  

Just come in with a couple of these guys…

0627C750-5A85-4E4B-83B1-FFEF1D480347.thumb.jpeg.f68b501f120e477c8e98d7000b7928c6.jpeg

…then the media can try to figure out if they are white or cream-colored?  😎

13 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

The issue with the camera was exactly my point and I got accused of being obnoxious. Let's put it another way. The backround in the rectangle where I'm typing this message is white. That helmet is nowhere near that color. If the picture is accurate then no, the color is not white and I'm not a fan. I question whether the picture is accurate though. Don't accuse me of being obnoxious. I just spelled it out

I asked if you were being obnoxious, I didn't say for certain you were, but if that's how you felt about it I apologize.

14 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I've sent this pic off to 4 women in my life for their opinions. You know women swear that they see colors better than us. I'll report back their findings

I think it's the camera and lighting that makes it look bluish, because if you look at the left part of the helmet, there's light reflecting off of it that is definitely white. 

This is the first year they've included the helmet choice in the weekly uniform announcement, and I've heard rumblings that the white helmet may make an appearance yet this year? I voted for the reverse black orange though :049:

8 minutes ago, MOC said:

This is the first year they've included the helmet choice in the weekly uniform announcement, and I've heard rumblings that the white helmet may make an appearance yet this year? I voted for the reverse black orange though :049:

White Helmet if it showed up this year would have to be decals on top of the current orange and black helmet, which would look ugly as hell, so I'd bet against that.

6 hours ago, Cricket said:

Just come in with a couple of these guys…

0627C750-5A85-4E4B-83B1-FFEF1D480347.thumb.jpeg.f68b501f120e477c8e98d7000b7928c6.jpeg

…then the media can try to figure out if they are white or cream-colored?  😎

Love this picture!!! I can remember when they actually had 2 actual tigers on the field. They need to bring this back.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1989-01-12-8901020856-story.html

16 minutes ago, MOC said:

It can't. The alternate helmet must go through a safety review process. It is why they have never done the throwback 1968-1980 helmets. 

13 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

White Helmet if it showed up this year would have to be decals on top of the current orange and black helmet, which would look ugly as hell, so I'd bet against that.

Didn't know that? My source was a friend on the Bengals staff (non coaching position) and he may have just been screwing with me :2: Thanks for the info

Edit: I was asking him why they were showing the helmet choice on the weekly uniform release when there's only one helmet?

7 minutes ago, membengal said:

It can't. The alternate helmet must go through a safety review process. It is why they have never done the throwback 1968-1980 helmets. 

Even if it's the same helmet style/brand/etc... that's already been approved and it's just a color change? Asking for a friend :rockon:

2 minutes ago, MOC said:

Didn't know that? My source was a friend on the Bengals staff (non coaching position) and he may have just been screwing with me :2: Thanks for the info

Yeah the rules for this year is that you can not change the helmet themselves, but you can use decals, which would mean if you wanted the white helmet you would have to used decals on the helmet which imho would look really ugly. 

Next year that rule is that you can have two helmets, one normal and one alternate that have to both go through safety review.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

They did: 1994 vs Patriots, part of the 75th NFL Anniversary year. They only wore them once, and haven't since. I was at this game. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

They did: 1994 vs Patriots, part of the 75th NFL Anniversary year. They only wore them once, and haven't since. I was at this game. 

Dammit, that looks sweet. But probably only to people who had to walk to school. Barefoot. In the snow. Uphill. Both ways.

1 hour ago, Griever said:

Aside from an alternate Bengal hemet, I am really looking forward to seeing some teams bring back their classic looks. Pat Patriot, Bucco Bruce, etc.

NFL-One-Shell-1024x265.jpg

AFC-one-shell-1024x308.jpg

Too bad they don't have the old Rams horns helmets.

Without the cheap drama stylized stuff.

I always thought they were cool.

I have to say, the Bengals uniform update and their whole social media team have been on point this year. It feels like a different franchise in some ways! 

I love our new clean look uniforms, and our 40 year old helmets have stood the test of time and still look fucking amazing, especially at night. 

Archived