Ravens Week - Part 2

LAMAR, HUNTLEY OUT FRIDAY: Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson again didn't practice Friday. He hasn't all week. But he could still go, of course, and in classic Harbaugh fashion, he didn't rule him out and make him questionable. And his backup, Tyler Huntley, was ill and didn't work. No surprise. Questionable. One of seven questionables. Of seven Ravens that didn't practice Friday, only one was ruled out, guard Ben Powers.

SLANTS AND SCREENS: Last Sunday's hero, backup defensive end Khalid Kareem, returned to practice for the first time this week today and Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said he's still going through concussion protocol …

Cornerback Chidobe Awuzie (COVID list) wasn't out there for the third straight day. But Taylor said if he tested negative Sunday, "he'd be ready to go." …

Count Taylor as fans of nose tackle D.J. Reader, who didn't make Pro Bowl or alternate, and defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi, who made fourth alternate. He says they're deserving of a trip to Las Vegas.

"(Reader) is such big part of what we do and he's such a great defensive tackle and a player and leader on this team. Guys like him and Larry I think are deserving."

Right now the injury list is a total cluster bump with all the Ravens testing positive

for the avian flu or whatever.  Lots of questionable and won't know who is going

to take the field until game time.

As for us... just holding my breath for tomorrow and the crucial weeks to come.

7 minutes ago, membengal said:

DJ reader on Covid list now. Mike daniels has been working all year on practice squad - need him tomorrow to be ready.

Isn't Daniels a three tech DT??  Reader is a NT, we need one thst can hold blockers so that Trey and crew can go after Johnson. Hill and Larry O are three techs too, and its overwhelming more certain thr Ravens are pounding that rock...i dont like this...

2 hours ago, DanvilleBengal said:

Isn't Daniels a three tech DT??  Reader is a NT, we need one thst can hold blockers so that Trey and crew can go after Johnson. Hill and Larry O are three techs too, and its overwhelming more certain thr Ravens are pounding that rock...i dont like this...

We'll likely get to see a lot of Shelvin tomorrow now.

I also have a lot of faith in Tupou stepping into the Reader role for a game.

My guess is that we make a dog's breakfast of this whole thing early, and Joe Burrow refuses to let us lose in the second.

Zac Taylor thinks they'll be expecting the pass, so we'll run, a lot. It'll be a 9 yard run followed by a 1 yard loss and the announcers will rave about how Joe Mixon is getting 4 yards a carry even though were 0 of 5 on 3rd down.

Josh Johnson will dink and dunk. The running game will be slow and steady, and the Ravens will get 2 field goals early.

I have 100% faith in Joe Burrow and little else. But with the Ravens depleted I think we pull this one out. 

Archived