Who will we play first round?

2 hours ago, HOF dan said:

I was just rationalizing my answer to the question.

With this team, I'm with you - I think everyone else should fear us - how refreshing is that?!

Now, having said that.....it's a long process to shake the conditioned response to wait for the bottom to fall out.

Yes, but I don't think they do.

And that's a good thing.

On 1/5/2022 at 4:23 AM, Hooky said:

After playing with the playoff machine, it looks like, assuming that KC and Ten win and we don't get a 1 or 2.....:

I f we beat the turds, we will probably play the raiders if they win and will probably play the colts if the chargers win.

If we lose, we will probably play the pats, assuming that the jets don't beat the bills, but I wouldn't sleep on the jets throwing it all out there.

There is little chance of playing the chargers and no chance of playing the bills unless they lose.

So the question is: Who do you think we will play and who do you want to play?

My answer is colts for both.

I think we will based on my predictions in the playoff machine.  I think we will beat the turds regardless of which personnel we decide to play. Even though Bell and Hendrickson are already out if I'm not mistaken.

I like the colts match-up if we can contain Taylor. The D has played well against premiere backs for the most part. Second choice would be the raiders. I am confident we can take them. On second thought, maybe I like raiders over colts. Toss up.

Would love to stack the box and force Wentz into trying to beat our Secondary. 

On 1/5/2022 at 7:23 AM, Hooky said:

After playing with the playoff machine, it looks like, assuming that KC and Ten win and we don't get a 1 or 2.....:

I f we beat the turds, we will probably play the raiders if they win and will probably play the colts if the chargers win.

If we lose, we will probably play the pats, assuming that the jets don't beat the bills, but I wouldn't sleep on the jets throwing it all out there.

There is little chance of playing the chargers and no chance of playing the bills unless they lose.

So the question is: Who do you think we will play and who do you want to play?

My answer is colts for both.

I think we will based on my predictions in the playoff machine.  I think we will beat the turds regardless of which personnel we decide to play. Even though Bell and Hendrickson are already out if I'm not mistaken.

I like the colts match-up if we can contain Taylor. The D has played well against premiere backs for the most part. Second choice would be the raiders. I am confident we can take them. On second thought, maybe I like raiders over colts. Toss up.

Went back and read this thought provoking comment again..

Who?

The Colts have Jonathan Taylor who runs behind  Quentin.Nelson at Ogunjobi or Hill ..Tough match up with little help from either side of them.

Wilson and Pratt have to come up big in the gaps...Feelin good they will..

Colts should play to run JT to control clock ..limit Bengals possesions..

He's going to break some ...

Wentz should be good at play action with Taylor but hes not..

Wentz is another QB that's talented but scary inconsistent game to game.

I might be wrong but he might be rattled against the blitz that hurts his play.

First, It's a good thing we aren't actually part of the team and can worry about potential opponents without any repercussions..

Second, that is total crap. If the coaches have no negative concerns, how would they address potential threats. When Marvin was coach, it was often apparent that he was hellbent on running a game plan formula regardless of the opponent. He didn't seem to be concerned with attacking weaknesses on the other side. Hence, the lack of halftime adjustments. He seemed to keep jamming that square peg in the round hole.

But I guess that quote would probably sell some Nike T-shirts though. It's not any more inane than their other ones.

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Went back and read this thought provoking comment again..

Who?

The Colts have Jonathan Taylor who runs behind  Quentin.Nelson at Ogunjobi or Hill ..Tough match up with little help from either side of them.

Wilson and Pratt have to come up big in the gaps...Feelin good they will..

Colts should play to run JT to control clock ..limit Bengals possesions..

He's going to break some ...

Wentz should be good at play action with Taylor but hes not..

Wentz is another QB that's talented but scary inconsistent game to game.

I might be wrong but he might be rattled against the blitz that hurts his play.

What's your point? That Indy is not our best match-up? If so, what do you think is? I will double down on the possibility of containing Taylor. The D has only allowed 2 100+ yard rushers. Chubb and Aaron Jones, the latter had 103 with half of it on one play. I'm not saying they will stop him, but those stats support the possibility.

3 minutes ago, gupps said:

Like I said in my first post, anyone but the Pats. (or the Titans, but they won't be playing  in the first week).

I agree. For some reason, I really don't want to play the pats. Who knows, we may match up well with them, but for some reason....

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

I agree. For some reason, I really don't want to play the pats. Who knows, we may match up well with them, but for some reason....

I can tell you why. Unlike Andy Reid, Belicheck is smart enough to figure out a way to take away Chase and probably Higgins, and then there is our not so stellar record against rookie/newbie QBs. 

For me I want the teams that have to rely on a running game and defense because their QB is a game manager. 

You score early and go up on teams like that and force them to keep up and you take their RB out of the game.

Give me Indy or the Pats, then Tenn. 

I dont want the Cheifs again.

41 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

I can tell you why. Unlike Andy Reid, Belicheck is smart enough to figure out a way to take away Chase and probably Higgins, and then there is our not so stellar record against rookie/newbie QBs. 

Good point. And he has a different offensive game plan every game that's hard to plan for. Like that one game where they threw the ball 3 times. He doesn't seem to care about stats.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

Yeah, Belichick is a master at finding a team's weakness and exploiting it.  Probably had spies at PBS last two weekends.  I would choose to avoid them as well. 

Bill Belichick GIFs | Tenor

4 hours ago, Shebengal said:

How do you suppose Uncle Bill will take away Both Chase And Higgins?

7 hours ago, Hooky said:

What's your point? That Indy is not our best match-up? If so, what do you think is? I will double down on the possibility of containing Taylor. The D has only allowed 2 100+ yard rushers. Chubb and Aaron Jones, the latter had 103 with half of it on one play. I'm not saying they will stop him, but those stats support the possibility.

My point was assessing the Colts offense because that who I believe the team will play in round 1..

37 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

The point is: at several points this season, he has been very ordinary 

He's been the best player on the field when it's mattered most though.

He's playing as well as or better than any QB/player in the league RIGHT NOW. That's what the real point should be. 

You can't ask any more of a player or team heading into the playoffs.

Get hot when it matters. That's exactly what they've done. 

Archived