Keeping our enemies close

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Longtime Bengals quarterback

Andy Dalton:fistpump: has found his new team in the New Orleans Saints, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Dalton is signing a one-year deal worth up to $6 million, including $3 million guaranteed, with the Saints, per the report.

He will likely serve as a backup to Jameis Winston, who agreed on a two-year, $28 million deal with New Orleans on March 21.

This will be Dalton’s third team in three seasons since being released by the Bengals in 2020. He spent last season with the Chicago Bears mainly as the backup to Justin Fields.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Longtime Bengals quarterback

Andy Dalton:fistpump: has found his new team in the New Orleans Saints, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Dalton is signing a one-year deal worth up to $6 million, including $3 million guaranteed, with the Saints, per the report.

He will likely serve as a backup to Jameis Winston, who agreed on a two-year, $28 million deal with New Orleans on March 21.

This will be Dalton’s third team in three seasons since being released by the Bengals in 2020. He spent last season with the Chicago Bears mainly as the backup to Justin Fields.

Well, that’s not good for my Saints, every home game is under the lights!

On 3/29/2022 at 7:40 PM, Le Tigre said:

Yeah, he asked about you the other day. 😄

I don't know Mayfield.  I am not on a first-name basis with him, nor do I share a familiarity that comes rooted in adoration, respect, or worship.  In fact, I think Mayfield is fairly mediocre.

But you do you.  :)

48 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Rogers Hornsby or Leo Durosher I’m guessing. Hank Bauer maybe? Not sure. 

Frank Robinson with Cleveland in 1975.

The Reds were interested in Barry Larkin as their player manager in 2000 but GM Jim Bowden shot it down..

52 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Rogers Hornsby or Leo Durosher I’m guessing. Hank Bauer maybe? Not sure. 

Clapton was close:

Don Kessinger (long time Cub) was player-manager for the White Sox in 1979. He was the last player-manager in the American League. 

Frank Robinson was right before him with the Indians in 1975

“King” Kenny Daglish was a player manger for Liverpool FC from 1985-1990.  During that time Liverpool was league champions three times and won the FA cup twice.  Probably the most successful player/coach in modern history.    

Archived