Cleveland Football Team (Episode 2) Week

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Week 9 was Mixon's 5 TD game, this lines up with my belief that this is an Oline thing and not a Mixon thing.

And Mixon missed two games since week 9.

Bottom line and seriously...

I think both will do well and a lot of it with the improved O line play (esp Volson) and the addition of Adeniji on occasion.

Would not be at all surprised if Mixon gets over 100 yards and Optimus Perine bullies his way for positive tough yardage.

Be nice to see them with second and four rather than second and eight.

3 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

And Mixon missed two games since week 9.

Bottom line and seriously...

I think both will do well and a lot of it with the improved O line play (esp Volson) and the addition of Adeniji on occasion.

Would not be at all surprised if Mixon gets over 100 yards and Optimus Perine bullies his way for positive tough yardage.

Be nice to see them with second and four rather than second and eight.

Well yeah he was injured.

I'll just say it's a nice problem to have two guys that can tote the rock

You ride the hot hand til it cools off. Anything else is overthinking it, in my humble opinion. I'm fine with Mixon being named the RB1, as long as Perine gets AT LEAST as many opportunities. Kind of like Dallas where Pollard is clearly the better back. Who gives a f why Samaje is kicking ass. He is, and you go to that well til there's a reason not to.

It not really gonna be cold. Hopefully he fumbles throws pick. Watson talent wise has a great arm and mobility. Just hoping for some rust, so we can get out of the game with a w. Find a way to win. The 230 million comment agree they have to play him. I found articles figured it was worth mentioning. 

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

Deshaun Watson doesn't like playing in cold weather?

Boo fricking hoo. 

He has 230 million reasons why he'd better get used to it. 

Projected high around 49º which will probably be around game time.

Rain in the AM but not for the game.

Not that cold.  Sounds like great football weather and

a great time for payback.

I have always written the Cleveland losses off to overconfidence

but not this one.

Dey gonna find out Who, indeed.

Perine gonna Rock, Mixon gonna Roll

and Joe throw to which ever one of Ja'Marr or Tee ain't covered by Denzel Ward.

7 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Projected high around 49º which will probably be around game time.

Rain in the AM but not for the game.

Not that cold.  Sounds like great football weather and

a great time for payback.

I have always written the Cleveland losses off to overconfidence

but not this one.

Dey gonna find out Who, indeed.

Perine gonna Rock, Mixon gonna Roll

and Joe throw to which ever one of Ja'Marr or Tee ain't covered by Denzel Ward.

Them coming in on their given day off on Monday tells me they want this game bad. Not gonna be a trap game.

2 hours ago, A Rock said:

You ride the hot hand til it cools off. Anything else is overthinking it, in my humble opinion. I'm fine with Mixon being named the RB1, as long as Perine gets AT LEAST as many opportunities. Kind of like Dallas where Pollard is clearly the better back. Who gives a f why Samaje is kicking ass. He is, and you go to that well til there's a reason not to.

This seems so obvious that it makes me question their reasons.  Neither Mixon's salary nor potential hurt feelings are good ones.  When one guy outplays another he moves up the depth chart and the other rides the pine, that's the way it goes.  It's a good thing, it shows the roster is progressing and improving.

This franchise sometimes seems to have a problem accepting it and will instead talk about whose "turn" it is..  It's annoying.

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

It’s very rare in professional sports for a guy to lose his job while he’s out with an injury. It just does not happen. 

OK so if Perine continues to do a better job, at what point is it acceptable to say so and act on it? 

3 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

I agree with ride the hot hand from game to game, but read this today which was interesting:

image.png.e792f84b90aba46828ce1d470e40fe84.png

Only posted a snippet since it's behind a paywall on The Athletic.

To cross reference, even though I know it will make "PFF" heads explode......

23 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Maybe just maybe they don't agree with your analysis of Mixon?

I mean they just demoted a punter that had been with this team for years because he wasn't preforming to their expectations. I don't think "hurt feelings" is a thing.

Some of us may ultimately just have to agree to disagree on some things here, but I do have a honest question for you Jamie...

Have you honestly seen the EFFORT that Perine puts up?  The trucking people?...the battling for 2 or 3 extra yards?...the standing up to pass rushers who have a huge size advantage?...the knowledge of where the 1st down marker is and somehow defying odds in actually getting there?...the simply getting back to the huddle workman's attitude?

I DO give credit to the OLine improvements...lots of credit...they seriously deserve it, and arguably the lion's (tiger's?) share of it too.  But some of us just see something special in the way Perine has been running for his life lately.

Honestly/Hopefully Mixon goes off again this weekend like he did in his last game and we have the glorious non-problem of 2 awesome RB's.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

OK so if Perine continues to do a better job, at what point is it acceptable to say so and act on it? 

Well I think it pretty much just starts with seeing what Mixon gives them on Sunday, right? 

14 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Well I think it pretty much just starts with seeing what Mixon gives them on Sunday, right? 

Right.  Do you think Perine goes back to getting maybe 4-5 carries so there's no basis for comparison or do they alternate series until the difference becomes undeniable even for them?

22 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Right.  Do you think Perine goes back to getting maybe 4-5 carries so there's no basis for comparison or do they alternate series until the difference becomes undeniable even for them?

I’m not going to pretend to know how it’s going to play out. I have no clue. I’m guessing though that Perine is part of the game plan. Again though, just a guess. 

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

I’m not going to pretend to know how it’s going to play out. I have no clue. I’m guessing though that Perine is part of the game plan. Again though, just a guess. 

Your right..

No idea who or what the run game will look like..

Id imagine Mixon gets the bulk and Perine comes in on 3rd downs and breathers for Mixon.

Im with you...no clue but

its going to be real interesting..

Either way I see the run game being 

good this week..

2 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Some of us may ultimately just have to agree to disagree on some things here, but I do have a honest question for you Jamie...

Have you honestly seen the EFFORT that Perine puts up?  The trucking people?...the battling for 2 or 3 extra yards?...the standing up to pass rushers who have a huge size advantage?...the knowledge of where the 1st down marker is and somehow defying odds in actually getting there?...the simply getting back to the huddle workman's attitude?

I DO give credit to the OLine improvements...lots of credit...they seriously deserve it, and arguably the lion's (tiger's?) share of it too.  But some of us just see something special in the way Perine has been running for his life lately.

Honestly/Hopefully Mixon goes off again this weekend like he did in his last game and we have the glorious non-problem of 2 awesome RB's.

I'm not sure I've said anything that should give anyone any reason to infer that I have any problems with Perine's running style. He's been great in Mixon's absence, that's not even debatable anyone that would say otherwise would be foolish.

I simply think Joe is a bigger threat to pop off bigger runs. 

I also don't disagree that Perine is a better blocker than Joe 

But I do disagree with the idea that Joe is a liability as a blocker, I mean thats exactly why Chris Evans almost never gets in the backfield as a runner and why Treyvon Williams is ahead of him on the depth chart. 

I also disagree and have provided some stats to reinforce my belief that Joe isn't the problem, that the Oline since week 9 has clicked and that Joe has had 1 game played since week 9 and in that week he had 5TDs. (Which apparently don't count)

I think Joe is going to be just fine and going to show up and show out now that the Oline has clicked (And it wont be because Perine pushed him to be better). And we have Perine who is also playing with his hair on fire.

It's a good problem to have.

37 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I was curious what was said about Perine after his tip in the playoff game at the Titans led to an interception.

Answer: Not much…other than a Brewer Award reference.

CA7B1A15-F8F7-443A-A731-432A9529FF59.thumb.jpeg.9245bd87baf76a500be93fe3ac5b42ce.jpeg

Same people who thought Mixon and not Perine should have been in on that last drive in the Super Bowl??

Archived