Cleveland Football Team (Episode 2) Week

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

It’s very rare in professional sports for a guy to lose his job while he’s out with an injury. It just does not happen. 

This.  Players expect to come back to their same job. It would be a terrible message and preceident to set to the entire team.

On the other hand, that doesn't mean Mixon is going to get as high a percentage of carries as in the past.  I could see Perine getting a series here and there.  If Mixon is outperformed Perine could get more than that. 

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm not sure I've said anything that should give anyone any reason to infer that I have any problems with Perine's running style. He's been great in Mixon's absence, that's not even debatable anyone that would say otherwise would be foolish.

I simply think Joe is a bigger threat to pop off bigger runs. 

I also don't disagree that Perine is a better blocker than Joe 

But I do disagree with the idea that Joe is a liability as a blocker, I mean thats exactly why Chris Evans almost never gets in the backfield as a runner and why Treyvon Williams is ahead of him on the depth chart. 

I also disagree and have provided some stats to reinforce my belief that Joe isn't the problem, that the Oline since week 9 has clicked and that Joe has had 1 game played since week 9 and in that week he had 5TDs. (Which apparently don't count)

I think Joe is going to be just fine and going to show up and show out now that the Oline has clicked (And it wont be because Perine pushed him to be better). And we have Perine who is also playing with his hair on fire.

It's a good problem to have.

Very good post .

Your right on this.

Im actually getting fired up for Mixon to 

take advantage of the Browns weak run defense..

11 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

This.  Players expect to come back to their same job. It would be a terrible message and preceident to set to the entire team.

On the other hand, that doesn't mean Mixon is going to get as high a percentage of carries as in the past.  I could see Perine getting a series here and there.  If Mixon is outperformed Perine could get more than that. 

main_1614187242-Wally-Pipp-1921-W551-6-PristineAuction.com.jpg

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/09/tee-higgins-sam-hubbard-browns-vs-bengals-injury-report/

Both guys were listed as limited, with Higgins dealing with a hamstring issue and Hubbard a calf issue.

The team and coaches didn’t give any indication Higgins or Hubbard are a candidate to miss time, though the nature of lower-body injuries makes this something to watch before the team issues the final injury report on Friday.

23 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Very good post .

Your right on this.

Im actually getting fired up for Mixon to 

take advantage of the Browns weak run defense..

Hoping they switch it up more & make the run game less predictable.  Think Perine could be in for short yardage more, that kind of thing.  People are talking about Mixon as a home run threat but his longest run of the season is 31 yards.  Perine's is 29.  Mixon's career long is 51 and Perine's 46.  Not much difference there.

Ideally they both go off.

Archived