Keeping our enemies close: 2023

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

The 49ers on Friday officially announced their trade to acquire defensive end/OLB Randy Gregory from the Denver Broncos.

San Francisco prior to the deal had a full roster, so his arrival had to come with a corresponding move. To make room on their 53-man roster the 49ers released defensive lineman Kerry Hyder.

NBC Sports Bay Area's Matt Maiocco confirmed the news and reported, citing a source, that San Francisco is sending a 2024 sixth-round pick to Denver in exchange for Gregory and the Broncos' 2024 seventh-round pick.

He's a dumpster fire wherever he goes suspended many times.

I normally like Charles Davis’ commentary (better than many), but at the end of the first half, he kept harping that the Ravens should have taken a timeout once they saw the defensive alignment.  The problem with that, Charles, is that the Ravens had already taken a timeout after the previous play…and therefore CAN’T call a timeout there.  😎

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

I normally like Charles Davis’ commentary (better than many), but at the end of the first half, he kept harping that the Ravens should have taken a timeout once they saw the defensive alignment.  The problem with that, Charles, is that the Ravens had already taken a timeout after the previous play…and therefore CAN’T call a timeout there.  😎

Inbreds down by 3 

I prefer a Raven loss..

• Upvote 1

Travis Kelce leaves game with non-contact injury

After the Minnesota Vikings took the lead 13-10 on the Kansas City Chiefs, tight end Travis Kelce got hurt on the ensuing drive. He left the game, headed to the locker room and didn’t return.

When non-contact injuries happen, it oftentimes ends up in a season-ending injury. ACL tears and Achilles tendon injuries are the usual culprits. The difference with Kelce’s injury is that it doesn’t look like a soft tissue injury. It looked to happen to his foot.

Taylor Swift was bit at the game,  Kelce is yesterday's papers

Welp, that's it, the league rules are now 100% officially "subjective".

The amount of shit let go this season has been unprecedented, and I'm mostly talking about non-Bengal games.  It seems to be happening in all sports too, all these "impossible misses", "incredible human errors" by refs, "most baffling call in the history of [sport 'x"], etc etc.  I'll always believe it's the partnership with gambling.

Today in the KC game some moron took his helmet off on the field to go talk to the refs.  As he talking to one another comes up and *helpfully* reminds him that he shouldn't have it off, and he rushes to put it back on.  No penalty, KC goes on their merry way in a one-score game.

Irwin getting shoulder and hip-checked to the ground as he's running his route leading to an INT was today's "Tilt Special" of the Bengals game, we're just lucky Dobbs returned the favour.

Edit:  Just adding a screenshot of the play.  In this shot the LB had just hit Irwin with his shoulder, and would follow through with his hip and leg on the next frame, sending Irwin spinning to the turf:

image.png.11d118e6ade1c0eb8c038cc92f2b21cc.png

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HavePityPlease said:

The amount of shit let go this season has been unprecedented, and I'm mostly talking about non-Bengal games.  It seems to be happening in all sports too, all these "impossible misses", "incredible human errors" by refs, "most baffling call in the history of [sport 'x"], etc etc.  I'll always believe it's the partnership with gambling.

Today in the KC game some moron took his helmet off on the field to go talk to the refs.  As he talking to one another comes up and *helpfully* reminds him that he shouldn't have it off, and he rushes to put it back on.  No penalty, KC goes on their merry way in a one-score game.

Irwin getting shoulder and hip-checked to the ground as he's running his route leading to an INT was today's "Tilt Special" of the Bengals game, we're just lucky Dobbs returned the favour.

Protect the shield and the shield seems to have passed.

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

KC gets bailed out by the NFL again. No PI in the end zone and then no penalty for the player taking his helmet off on the field. The referee even tells the player to put his helmet back on…after receiving a message from the NFL New York Offices. 

FIXT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

KC gets bailed out by the refs again. No PI in the end zone and then no penalty for the player taking his helmet off on the field. The referee even tells the player to put his helmet back on.

That was ridiculous, the refs clearly help the Chiefs in close games. Never have I seen the refs pick up a flag and then not call a blatant penalty right in front of them on the same play. 

The refs aren't even trying to hide it, they are doing everything within their power to help them win.

2 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Edit:  Just adding a screenshot of the play.  In this shot the LB had just hit Irwin with his shoulder, and would follow through with his hip and leg on the next frame, sending Irwin spinning to the turf:

image.png.11d118e6ade1c0eb8c038cc92f2b21cc.png

Awful non call

11 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

That was ridiculous, the refs clearly help the Chiefs in close games. Never have I seen the refs pick up a flag and then not call a blatant penalty right in front of them on the same play. 

The refs aren't even trying to hide it, they are doing everything within their power to help them win.

A joke