NFL Sunday Ticket

With NFL Sunday Ticket now on You Tube Live TV, I'm trying to decide how I'm going to watch the Bengals all season. Anyone here have You Tube TV and can offer up a review? What are some other ways that fans are planning to watch as many Bengals games as possible? The season opener is less than 3 weeks away now. I need to make some decisions soon.

• Like 1

I tried youtubeTV this summer and hated it. With a passion. Hated not being able to flip between channels. Hated the interface. Hated it.

That said, you don't have to get the full YouTubeTV experience to get SUnday ticket. You can get Sunday Ticket as a stand alone. Which, I did. Fingers crossed they know their shit and the streaming is seamless. I was a DirecTV sunday ticket subscriber for 25 years and I am pretty sure this is gonna be a worse experience. 

I have it... I was a long-time subscriber to DirecTV... mainly because of NFL Sunday Ticket. I switched over to YTTV for the same reason. 

It's cheaper, but I don't like YTTV as much. The user interface IMO was much better on DirecTV... I'm sure part of that was my comfort/familiarity with it, but objectively, it's just better design. Storms affecting the DTV signal aren't an issue with DTV, but I've still had some hiccups with reception on occasion. But honestly, don't watch a lot of network TV other than sports and news, so it's not a huge deal (yet). I recall on opening weekend a few years ago, DirecTV had some kind of issue that caused everyone to miss part of a slate of games, but that's the only time I recall in the 20+ years that I had an issue. 

One of the NBA playoff games I was watching this past spring lost transmission, which was concerning... just hope we don't get any repeats of that this NFL season. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, membengal said:

I tried youtubeTV this summer and hated it. With a passion. Hated not being able to flip between channels. Hated the interface. Hated it.

That said, you don't have to get the full YouTubeTV experience to get SUnday ticket. You can get Sunday Ticket as a stand alone. Which, I did. Fingers crossed they know their shit and the streaming is seamless. I was a DirecTV sunday ticket subscriber for 25 years and I am pretty sure this is gonna be a worse experience. 

Forgot about the channel switching... yes, it sucks. Not as ridiculous as when having to switch between another streaming channel over to AMZ for Thursday night football, but it's definitely not good. 

• Upvote 1

I switched from Direct TV to YouTube TV a couple of years ago when Direct TV started raising prices and no longer offering discounts.  I'm very happy with the switch--even with YouTube TV's price increases, it saves me over $50/month.  Plus, I can still watch TV when it rains!  The channels are very similar--the only channel I miss is the History Channel. 

I signed up for NFL Sunday Ticket a couple of months ago when they had a $100 discount.  Hopefully it will be the same quality as it was on Direct TV.

• Upvote 1

One - Although Sunday Ticket is a YouTube TV exclusive, you do NOT have to sign up for their $70+/month service.

Two - There are currently four packages available, depending on whether you want Sunday Ticket with or without Red Zone Channel (RZC), and with or without YTTV.  All of them are expensive:

$300, no RZC, requires YTTV subscription

$340, with RZC, requires YTTV subscription

$400, no RZC, no YTTV subscription

$440, with RZC, no YTTV subscription

Linky: https://tv.youtube.com/learn/nflsundayticket

Three - Student pricing will be announced this week for those (like me) who qualify.  The page linked above will be updated when the pricing is released.

Four - For those who ONLY want Red Zone Channel, the least expensive way to access that right now is to sign up for NFL+ Premium ($80).

Linky: https://id.nfl.com/subscriptions/select/nflplus

NFL+ Premium for $79.99/year includes access to:
- NFL RedZone (New for 2023!)
- Game replays (full game, condensed game, and all-22 coaches film)
- Live local & primetime regular and postseason games on your phone or tablet
- NFL Network (New For 2023!)
- Live out-of-market preseason games
- Live game audio (home, away, & national calls) for every game
- NFL library programming on-demand and ad-free
- Ad-free game highlights

NFL+ has been tested and optimized for the following devices:
- iOS 13+ iPhone / iPad
- tvOS 13+ Apple TV
- Android 7+ Phone / Tablet / TV
- AndroidTV
- Roku
- Fire TV
- Xbox

Five - All of the above assume you're starting from scratch.  If you already have a YTTV subscription, or if you subscribe to a streaming service like Fubo or SlingTV that offers RZC as an add-on, your delta cost will clearly be much less.  But for Sunday Ticket, it's YouTube or nothing.

• Like 1

FYI - Verizon also has free NFL Sunday Ticket:

Here are a few ways you can quality for a free subscription:

• Become a new Verizon mobile customer, make an eligible phone purchase, and enroll in an Unlimited Plus plan.
  • Be a current Verizon mobile customer, make an eligible phone upgrade, and upgrade to an Unlimited Plus plan or add a new line to your Unlimited Plus plan.
  • Become a new Verizon Home Internet customer and sign up for a Fios 1 Gig, Fios 2 Gig, 5G Home Plus, or LTE Home Plus plan.

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/personal-finance/articles/heres-how-verizon-customers-can-get-nfl-sunday-ticket-for-free/

• Upvote 1

I got YouTube tv few years back. I like it in fact that it records all games which I like.do not like rewind for live sports is terrible. It’s like watching YouTube videoes. 
I watch bengals on local hd antenna hooked to my TiVo hd dvr. It allows for rewind plays and does not have huge 5 second or more delay youtube tv has. 

• Upvote 1

I have it and have no complaints really aside from occasional bad quality when initially starting app, but it fixes every time within seconds. Love that it records the games for me even if I’m working, or doing anything that causes me to not be home at start of game. 

No complaints at all. Former DirecTV customer FYI. Even the above posters issue, I have no complaints about rewind/fast fwd  (15 second increments) as that suffices for me. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all of the feedback.

I have Verizon Fios in a WiFi/cable bundle. I will probably give YouTube TV with NFL Sunday Ticket. My only issue will be what to do about WiFi service - keep high speed Fios at a higher non-bundled price or try a different company.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

FYI - Verizon also has free NFL Sunday Ticket:

Here are a few ways you can quality for a free subscription:

• Become a new Verizon mobile customer, make an eligible phone purchase, and enroll in an Unlimited Plus plan.
  • Be a current Verizon mobile customer, make an eligible phone upgrade, and upgrade to an Unlimited Plus plan or add a new line to your Unlimited Plus plan.
  • Become a new Verizon Home Internet customer and sign up for a Fios 1 Gig, Fios 2 Gig, 5G Home Plus, or LTE Home Plus plan.

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/personal-finance/articles/heres-how-verizon-customers-can-get-nfl-sunday-ticket-for-free/

Heh.  Signing up directly with a carrier like ATT or Verizon SHOULD come with freebies.  I pay $15 a month for Verizon coverage thru an MVNO.... versus, what, $50-60?  The hundreds I'm saving annually would pay for Sunday Ticket ..  just like the hundreds their subscribers are unnecessarily paying could.

Lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sois said:

I need student pricing ASAP

Patience, grasshopper.  The YouTube is moving at the speed of molasses on this:

Quote:

We’re also excited to be introducing student plans for NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube Primetime Channels within the next week, so stay tuned for more information! I’ll provide updates on this thread. As always, thanks for all the feedback!

^ that was posted 6 days ago as I type this.  If they're to be believed, info will come out tomorrow... maybe Thursday.   If they're NOT to be believed.... Friday, since it was reported "last week" that student pricing would be available "next week".

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update, it hasn't yet popped up on the YT website or their ST pricing page.

And nobody hate me for this, but because I'm in Indiana, I'm retired, and I'm 60, I get to take classes thru the statewide community college - IvyTech - for free.  I only pay for books if I want to keep them, and whatever lab fees my classes have.  This semester my total cost was $68.

But as an enrolled "student", verified by SheerID, I'll be eligible for the student pricing on Sunday Ticket once it's able to be signed up for.  I'm already getting Amazon Prime for half price, Hulu + Spotify Premium for $6/mo, Apple Music + TV for another $6, and a ton of other perks. I'm actually making money by enrolling in one class per semester.  Lol.

• Upvote 3

Here's the direct link:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/13770167

This includes eligibility requirements (pasted below) and a step-by-step guide for signing up.

NOTE: At the time of posting this, the student pricing link is NOT YET available - I just tried, no luck.  I would keep checking until it shows up.

Eligibility for the NFL Sunday Ticket Student Plan

To sign up for an NFL Sunday Ticket student membership, you must:

• Be 18 years of age or older.
  • Be enrolled as a student at an accredited college or university.
  • Be verified as a student by SheerID. For help with the verification process, contact SheerID or review their FAQs.

While you do not need to be enrolled at a U.S. institution to be eligible, you must be located in the U.S. to watch and purchase NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube.

You will be required to verify your eligibility before purchasing the NFL Sunday Ticket Student Plan for future seasons.

18 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Thanks for the update, it hasn't yet popped up on the YT website or their ST pricing page.

And nobody hate me for this, but because I'm in Indiana, I'm retired, and I'm 60, I get to take classes thru the statewide community college - IvyTech - for free.  I only pay for books if I want to keep them, and whatever lab fees my classes have.  This semester my total cost was $68.

But as an enrolled "student", verified by SheerID, I'll be eligible for the student pricing on Sunday Ticket once it's able to be signed up for.  I'm already getting Amazon Prime for half price, Hulu + Spotify Premium for $6/mo, Apple Music + TV for another $6, and a ton of other perks. I'm actually making money by enrolling in one class per semester.  Lol.

Good to know. I just hit that milestone myself.

18 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

You don't need anymore schooling.......that's sheer genius!!!

19 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Hmmmm...we should have a contest trying to guess what class Amish is taking.  I'm going with "Advanced Homemade Furniture Making 401"

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

To a degree, why bother spending lots of money on the regular season? Like the NBA, the NFL is all about the 

image.gif.359d0c17acfdd80edb5afb86094cf01b.gif

Winning the regular season is what makes it much easier to win in the postseason. Ask the Kansas City Chiefs who always gets first round byes and play their playoff games at Arrowhead. It helps that they play in a crappy division. Strong regular season records were  huge factors in New England's string of Super Bowl rings.

• Upvote 1