91% Chance to Make Playoffs

By some manner of black magic and witchcraft if we win our next 2 games we have a 91% chance to make the playoffs.  

Granted, KC on the road and Cleveland at home are big obstacles but it’s not impossible.  No, we don’t control our own destiny. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Odd that I like our chances against KC but not vs the Stains. We look completely unprepared and unmotivated against Cleveland every damned time.

faf6c243-083f-4937-b611-9e6efcee5241-092

It's an AFCN thing.

Can't get over the hump in the division games...

We can beat the Chefs cause they're not cooking anymore.

I will not believe we lose all 6 division games so I'll ride with the Bengals to win out.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Odd that I like our chances against KC but not vs the Stains. We look completely unprepared and unmotivated against Cleveland every damned time.

I do, too.

I think Kansas City has imploded

and too much Taylor Swift kayfabe.

Too many distractions.

They're fighting among themselves.

This game is winnable.

Only chance against Cleveland is if they have clinched

and are resting starters or Myles Garrett hits the gas

coming out of a curve on a wet road driving his Porsche again.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Don’t know why…but thinking this could very well come down to “win and in” vs CFT. 

And it will be flexed into the nightcap of Week 18. 

And I will be frozen/exhausted/happy around 11:45pm that night. And sleeping at a road side rest stop. 

You'll know (if we win this week) on Jan 6 if that's the case.

As in prior seasons, for Week 18, the final weekend of the season, the scheduling of the Saturday, Sunday afternoon, and the Sunday night games is not assigned. The schedule for Week 18 will be announced no later than six days prior to that week's Saturday game (January 6, 2024).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I think they built this team to beat the Chiefs, forgetting that you have to also win inside the division to make the playoffs to begin with.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Don’t know why…but thinking this could very well come down to “win and in” vs CFT. 

And I will be frozen/exhausted/happy around 11:45pm that night. And sleeping at a road side rest stop. 

Don’t plan on stopping at the one just north of Jeffersonville. It’s closed.

25 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Don’t plan on stopping at the one just north of Jeffersonville. It’s closed.

I likely wouldn’t make it past the one around Lebanon. 

That late at night—given minimum of 90 mins to get to car and out of downtown, would put it at 2am. I used to do the late night stuff with ease (and the all-night trucker show on WLW). No more. 

6 hours ago, gupps said:

I think they built this team to beat the Chiefs, forgetting that you have to also win inside the division to make the playoffs to begin with.

I don't know the reason & building to beat a team they were already undefeated against in games without 5th down do-overs doesn't make a lot of sense.

They're still one game away from being swept in the division though which is absolutely brutal. I'd be pretty worried if I were one of the coaches and accountability was a thing.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Googling Clowns at Bengals 2024, Fox and ESPN already have this game listed for Jan. 7, with time TBA. Several of the aftermarket scalper sites also have it listed for that day? 

• Upvote 1

CFT enters the week 2 games behind BAL and 2 ahead of PIT.  If they catch BAL they win the division as they would hold the tiebreak. If PIT catches them they finish 3rd as PIT would hold the tiebreak.

If we want CFT to come into the Week 18 with nothing to play for, they need to make no ground on BAL this week AND lose no ground to PIT.  This happens with a win and BAL beating MIA, or a loss and PIT losing to SEA.

Since a MIA victory clinches the East, keeping the Fish out of the Wildcard mess and pushing BUF (whom we beat) into that, I want MIA to beat BAL.

So I want CFT to lose to the Jests tonight.

Which isn't likely.

But it's still something I want, not unlike Chickengirl.

Chicken Girl.jpg

On 12/27/2023 at 2:17 PM, MOC said:

Googling Clowns at Bengals 2024, Fox and ESPN already have this game listed for Jan. 7, with time TBA. Several of the aftermarket scalper sites also have it listed for that day? 

Well, ESPN and Fox are showing all 16 games on Jan 7 right now.  There's no "intel" here.  :)
https://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule/_/week/18/year/2023/seasontype/2

The league will flex two of the games into Saturday (430 and 815) and one of them into Sunday night.  They have to do that no fewer than 6 days before, so either this Sunday or Monday they'll make the decision.  I expect it will come during the GBP-MIN Sunday Night Football game, as there's no MNF game this week.

Even with a win in KermitLand, it doesn’t necessarily produce a “win and in” situation. 

And even if it does, will it engender the viewing lust for the national eyeballs? I’m not sure which other “win and in” matchups are out there that would elevate the interest to the prime Sunday 8:15 slot? 

11 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

CFT enters the week 2 games behind BAL and 2 ahead of PIT.  If they catch BAL they win the division as they would hold the tiebreak. If PIT catches them they finish 3rd as PIT would hold the tiebreak.

If we want CFT to come into the Week 18 with nothing to play for, they need to make no ground on BAL this week AND lose no ground to PIT.  This happens with a win and BAL beating MIA, or a loss and PIT losing to SEA.

Since a MIA victory clinches the East, keeping the Fish out of the Wildcard mess and pushing BUF (whom we beat) into that, I want MIA to beat BAL.

So I want CFT to lose to the Jests tonight.

Which isn't likely.

But it's still something I want, not unlike Chickengirl.

Chicken Girl.jpg

image.png

26 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Even with a win in KermitLand, it doesn’t necessarily produce a “win and in” situation. 

And even if it does, will it engender the viewing lust for the national eyeballs? I’m not sure which other “win and in” matchups are out there that would elevate the interest to the prime Sunday 8:15 slot? 

But, but,…we are the Bengals!  I could see a Colts v Texans flex with Stroud and Minschew mania.