Keeping our enemies close: 2024

14 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Replace who?

Awuzie?

Howard failed his physical with a foot injury and was cut.

3 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Think he was referring to L'Jarius Sneed

Yes

5 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Staying put was the right call. The wrong call was in who they drafted (Murphy).

If they just took Sam Laporta instead, who they liked and wanted but felt was too high, then they look like geniuses. But they didn't trust their own scouting for some reason. 

No, taking advantage of QB-needy teams would have been the right call. Assuming Murphy wasn't still on the board at 41, we could have instead had Dawand Jones, Darnell Washington, plus pick 38 in this draft. 

Stealers hit roadblock with signing Bengals FA WR Tyler Boyd

Allison Koehler
Sat, Mar 23, 2024 at 7:28 PM CDT·1 min read
7cac0deef8fdae35c5d32164590a4f19

At this point in free agency, the most coveted players are gone. The Pittsburgh Stealers may have had a plan when they traded Diontae Johnson, but we’ve not yet seen it come to fruition. That’s not to say it won’t still happen if the play was to sign Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd but according to Stealers beat writer Ray Fittipaldo, the two sides aren’t agreeing on money, so Pittsburgh is going to try to wait him out.

They’re trying to wait out Tyler Boyd. I’m not quite sure how that’s going to end up going down here. I know that he wants to get paid more than they’re offering him. 

Boyd isn’t the only free-agent receiver left on the market but his ties to Pittsburgh seem to make him the one the Stealers want the most. The Stealers have dedicated significant resources to scouting some of the top receivers in the 2024 NFL draft which we assume is Plan B if Boyd and Stealers can’t reach an agreement prior to the draft.

https://sports.yahoo.com/Stealers-hit-roadblock-signing-bengals-002822875.html

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

Allison Koehler

At this point in free agency, the most coveted players are gone. The Pittsburgh Stealers may have had a plan when they traded Diontae Johnson, but we’ve not yet seen it come to fruition. That’s not to say it won’t still happen if the play was to sign Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd but according to Stealers beat writer Ray Fittipaldo, the two sides aren’t agreeing on money, so Pittsburgh is going to try to wait him out.

They’re trying to wait out Tyler Boyd. I’m not quite sure how that’s going to end up going down here. I know that he wants to get paid more than they’re offering him. 

Boyd isn’t the only free-agent receiver left on the market but his ties to Pittsburgh seem to make him the one the Stealers want the most. The Stealers have dedicated significant resources to scouting some of the top receivers in the 2024 NFL draft which we assume is Plan B if Boyd and Stealers can’t reach an agreement prior to the draft.

Would Katy give thought to re-signing Boyd for another year at this point?

Not many teams interested in 31 yr slot receivers.

He's still a solid fit here.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Would Katy give thought to re-signing Boyd for another year at this point?

Not many teams interested in 31 yr slot receivers.

He's still a solid fit here.

I’d consider it, although as others have stated, Gesicki can/has played a lot of slot and they still don’t know what they have in Charlie Jones (I think he’ll be a weapon but because he has position flex, not sure he’s a FT slot guy). 

I have always liked TB and he’s obviously been a fixture there. He knows the offense cold and has rapport with JB. But you’ve got Chase, Tee, Andre, Irwin, Charlie Jonesâ€Ĥ and potentially a draftee. That’s already crowded. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

Allison Koehler

Wonder how much he’s asking for, and how is Pisspuke cap wise?

7 hours ago, texbengal said:

I’d consider it, although as others have stated, Gesicki can/has played a lot of slot and they still don’t know what they have in Charlie Jones (I think he’ll be a weapon but because he has position flex, not sure he’s a FT slot guy). 

I have always liked TB and he’s obviously been a fixture there. He knows the offense cold and has rapport with JB. But you’ve got Chase, Tee, Andre, Irwin, Charlie Jonesâ€Ĥ and potentially a draftee. That’s already crowded. 

You have a bit more positivity with Chuck Fizzle than I have. Get the first year thing, but—even when not injured—he was a mystery of where his route was, and dropped more than a couple when the ball was in his breadbasket or catchable. Not really seeing more than a kick returner tbh. 

Iosivas is sort of a Kelly Washington from my eyesight: maybe making rather great grab sometimes, maybe disappearing more. 

Teams can always have more than one slot guy. TB is aces here. Still wish they could get him back 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

Allison Koehler

I think the stumbling block is Tyler has far too much class to be associated with a bunch of shit hooks like that.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

There were some in their org that didn't want him as a Stealer after being a long time Bengal.

Read that somewhere.

He is Pittsburgh born and bred

I don't think they care about him having been on the Bengals.  I think they've had second thoughts because he likely wants $10+mil and his role on their team wouldn't justify it.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

You have a bit more positivity with Chuck Fizzle than I have. Get the first year thing, but—even when not injured—he was a mystery of where his route was, and dropped more than a couple when the ball was in his breadbasket or catchable. Not really seeing more than a kick returner tbh. 

Iosivas is sort of a Kelly Washington from my eyesight: maybe making rather great grab sometimes, maybe disappearing more. 

Teams can always have more than one slot guy. TB is aces here. Still wish they could get him back 

Charlie needs to get stronger, that’s for sure. And I remember the one long pass when he hesitated at the end of the route and that was disappointing. But remember, TB didn’t knock it out of the park starting outâ€Ĥ really, his third year was when he broke outâ€Ĥ and the crew that he was part of wasn’t as good with Jerome Simpson et al as the one Jones was brought into.  No doubt he needs to improve but I’m not ready to say he can’t play, and be a solid contributor. But yeah, obviously this fall will be big for him. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, texbengal said:

Charlie needs to get stronger, that’s for sure. And I remember the one long pass when he hesitated at the end of the route and that was disappointing. But remember, TB didn’t knock it out of the park starting outâ€Ĥ really, his third year was when he broke outâ€Ĥ and the crew that he was part of wasn’t as good with Jerome Simpson et al as the one Jones was brought into.  No doubt he needs to improve but I’m not ready to say he can’t play, and be a solid contributor. But yeah, obviously this fall will be big for him. 

Have to figure he was a 4th round pick for a reason.  If teams thought he was ready to start he would've gone higher.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Have to figure he was a 4th round pick for a reason.  If teams thought he was ready to start he would've gone higher.

One reason Jones didn't go higher was his advanced age. He was at least 2 years older than the average rookie WR.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dex said:

One reason Jones didn't go higher was his advanced age. He was at least 2 years older than the average rookie WR.

And not physically ready for the league.

Hopefully he's added muscle and stays healthy.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Griever said:

Long overdue. Hope they harken back to the "orange crush" days

f0d6223cca268cc81aa1fe9950051f6afd4f3437985b366d0a143ab2f63648a5.jpg

Anything that isn't similar to this mock up is a colossal failure. The Broncos had one of the best uniforms in all of sports, plus a great color scheme and helmet. Truly a thing of beauty. And then ruined them. 

IMG_20240325_202457.jpg

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Anything that isn't similar to this mock up is a colossal failure. The Broncos had one of the best uniforms in all of sports, plus a great color scheme and helmet. Truly a thing of beauty. And then ruined them. 

IMG_20240325_202457.jpg

No gimmicks, bold vibrant colors, traditional stripes...a PROFESSIONAL uniform. Beautiful 

Their very earliest kits were eye-catchingâ€Ĥas only the old AFL could be. 

Could not find a good original shot of their one disaster combo from 1960, but they redid them several years ago for a game: 

image.thumb.jpeg.c24d8480e169a9d10f628c62b724a547.jpeg

This one, from 1962 I believe, was cool: 

image.thumb.jpeg.be6a3d239c974d7e1aa4e86d53ad8cb0.jpeg

• Upvote 1