On 4/22/2024 at 5:14 PM, dex said:

TE Mitch Wilcox signs with New England.

Cincinnati will surely select a TE at some point in the draft...right? 

They still have 3 TE's on the roster, Wilcox was a practice squad guy. Geiski, Sample, and Hudson will be the final 3 TE's that make the roster unless one of the guys suffer an injury, IMO. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Yeah, Frazier is an impressive prospect, hopefully, the Bengals can get him in the 2nd round.

He is tough as nails… kinda like Braham was. He broke his leg or ankle (not sure which) and limped off the field on his own power, on one leg to avoid a 10-second runoff at a key point in a game. 

A wrestler, like Linderbaum was. Would be a great get on day 2. 

2 hours ago, texbengal said:

He is tough as nails… kinda like Braham was. He broke his leg or ankle (not sure which) and limped off the field on his own power, on one leg to avoid a 10-second runoff at a key point in a game. 

Not ro bust his bubble but breaking his ankle is a red flag..

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Bones break…then they heal. If they didn’t, your sainted QB would be finished already. 

Yes......

How long does it require a 300lb 

to regain all his power after such an injury.

Red Flag to me..

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, texbengal said:

He's good but  not in the class of Linderbaum.

You know it...

• Upvote 1

Reported this evening that Byron Murphy has been told by Seattle that they will select him if he's still available at pick 16. So it would seem that the Seahawks are the floor for Murphy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dex said:

Reported this evening that Byron Murphy has been told by Seattle that they will select him if he's still available at pick 16. So it would seem that the Seahawks are the floor for Murphy.

AKA Team picking Pryor to Seattle Seeks Trade Down. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"Who in the Hell is Mel Kiper?",...The 2024 NFL Draft

In honor of the great Bill Tobin and his reference to Mel Kiper slamming the Colts, stating "That's why the Colts are picking 2nd every year in the Draft!". Then Kiper responded, "That's why the Colts are the laughing stock of the league, year in and year out."

7 Round Mock Drafts

PFF https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-...l-seven-rounds

NFL https://www.nfl.com/news/seven-round...-draft-round-1

Sporting News https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...9a5ebb1d0fd563

ESPN https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/i...dictions-final

SI https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/mock-...ays-2024-draft

The Athletic https://theathletic.com/5418352/2024...-dane-brugler/

profootballnetwork https://www.profootballnetwork.com/a...raft-april-22/
  • Upvote 2

Of those 7 round mock drafts, I like the one from the NFL the best.  It has the most QB's going in the top of the draft, and I think one more goes for a total of 6 in the first 12 picks, though I think that DEN leapfrogs MIN and gets Mix, while the Vikings, afraid of losing Jefferson, take Penix, Jr.  I like the idea of the Colts moving ahead of the JETS at #9 and taking Bowers, making it likely for the JETS to swap picks with the Broncos and surprising the Vikings, who didn't see the JETS not getting Bowers.  Of course, it's also possible for the Broncos to trade with the #9 Bears to take Nix, but the Colts have a 2nd this year to offer the Bears and the Broncos don't.

Bottom line is that the Vikings don't get Nix.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dex said:

That's got to be mis-information.  Why would John Schneider reveal that type of information that could leak out to anyone?  Makes zero sense.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

That's got to be mis-information.  Why would John Schneider reveal that type of information that could leak out to anyone?  Makes zero sense.

Speaking of drafts, I see the Blazers are one of the higher odds favorites in the Lottery. Any one player of particular interest? 

I think most of the info that comes out during this time is misinformation, also just because a team wants to move up doesn't mean they can...

Like if KC wants to move up they have to find someone willing to go back to 32, which could be hard to do.

Hopefully, the Bengals will get one of the top 5 or 6 OTs in the draft. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

With 10 picks the Bengals need to be willing to move up. But you can really only trade for a pick that's on the clock once you know who you can select with it. So don't expect any pre draft trades. 

If there is an OT run and the Bengals will lose out on all the top 5-6 ... They have to be willing to package picks and be aggressive. 

I cannot handle watching Mims throw Myles Murphy around like a rag doll for the next 5 years in a Squeelers uniform. 

5 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

With 10 picks the Bengals need to be willing to move up. But you can really only trade for a pick that's on the clock once you know who you can select with it. So don't expect any pre draft trades. 

If there is an OT run and the Bengals will lose out on all the top 5-6 ... They have to be willing to package picks and be aggressive. 

I cannot handle watching Mims throw Myles Murphy around like a rag doll for the next 5 years in a Squeelers uniform. 

I have my doubts about Mims, for someone who was oft-injured and barely played, I would be wary of him. Guys who get injured in college definitely get injured in the NFL as the season is longer and the game is more physical because the competition is better..not saying I wouldn't draft Mims, he just scares me the most out of all the top OT prospects. 

44 minutes ago, dex said:

Yeah... going with "it has to be true because I read it on the internet'... I would not be surprised if this is to.

My first choice is Murphy but he will be long gone.

The four OT's I like who may or may not be there (not counting Alt) are

The Three F's,, Fautanu, Fashenu, Fuaga and Mims

I would go for a patented Bengals surprise move.

I would like to see Jackson Powers-Johnson in stripes, in the interior of the O line for a long time to come.

Paul Brown said "Start with a Center and build around him" (paraphrase)... and he took Bob Johnson.

And as much as I hate to say it, it is what the Stealers do.  Webster to Dawson to Pouncy ... how many decades of pro bowl and

eventual Hall of Fame centers?  Besides, if we don't get him the Stealers will and make meh running backs into all pros.

He would certainly open some holes in the middle of the line for Not Mixon to run through and if Mixon was still here it would

be someone else for him to run into and fall on his ass.

(OT... Mixon's sister's trial was yesterday for shooting that kid with a mini assault rifle)

My question about Jackson-Powers-JIngleheimer-Schmidt is he like Dave Rimington, too muscle bound to get his steroid

amped arms through his legs to snap the ball.

Ain't gonna happen and TYVM 

• Upvote 1