Bengals Reconsidering Re-Signing Henry

[quote]NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Bengals are considering re-signing WR Chris Henry.

Schefter cautioned that the Bengals could shy away again if early word causes the public to sound off on the possible signing. Coach Marvin Lewis had previously ruled out the possibility of signing Henry, so he may have recently come to the realization that team's other No. 3 options are inadequate. Henry is suspended for the first four games of the season. Aug. 12 - 6:47 pm et

[url="http://rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=119866"]http://rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.asp...L&hl=119866[/url][/quote]

[quote name='Bengalnutt' post='687077' date='Aug 12 2008, 08:47 PM']....[b]Haven`t we all lived through enough with Henry.[/b] He is an IDIOTE and will never get it. He will screw up again. He is an embarrasement to the team he plays for and the city he represents. He is his own worst enemy. Let another team have some fun...[/quote]

You can never live through enough Chris Henry.

He is an idiot. No doubt. Probably always will be.

But he catches TD and hits the deep routes like no other.

He makes the Ravens and Steelers CBs and safties wet their pants on Saturday night as they have nightmares about covering him.

That makes it worth it.

[quote name='Bengalnutt' post='687077' date='Aug 12 2008, 07:47 PM']....Haven`t we all lived through enough with Henry. He is an IDIOTE and will never get it. He will screw up again. He is an embarrasement to the team he plays for and the city he represents. He is his own worst enemy. Let another team have some fun...[/quote]

Wow. All bow down to Jesus. The kid made mistakes......hell lets just kill him. He shouldnt even be allowed to walk on this earth with people as superior and as flawless as yourself. Have you ever had a speeding ticket? Have you had 2........DIDNT YOU LEARN THE FIRST TIME!!!! Get over it. NFLers arent model citizens all in all. I just want to win. I will overlook his past. Sign him!

Honestly.....

What do we have to lose by signing him?

1. We have already eaten the pick for drafting him.

2. He will only command a minimum contract.

3. No matter what the Bengals do they can't lose the arrest image problem anyways.

I think it is a no brainer to sign him and put him on the suspended list until his suspension is up...

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='687078' date='Aug 12 2008, 05:53 PM']You can never live through enough Chris Henry.

He makes the Ravens and Steelers CBs and safties wet their pants on Saturday night as they have nightmares about covering him.

That makes it worth it.[/quote]

Oh nonsense. Henry is Goodell's whipping boy. If he signs with us he will be suspended at once, permanently. After all he got 4 games
for being accused, while that RB for Buffalo got nothing for running someone over and fleeing the scene.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='687080' date='Aug 12 2008, 08:56 PM']Honestly.....

What do we have to lose by signing him?

1. We have already eaten the pick for drafting him.

2. He will only command a minimum contract.

3. No matter what the Bengals do they can't lose the arrest image problem anyways.

I think it is a no brainer to sign him and put him on the suspended list until his suspension is up...[/quote]

I agree, times 100. No harm, besides having to put trust in him, but by this point hopefully we wont have to rely on him as much with Utecht and hopefully a healthy CP23.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='687078' date='Aug 12 2008, 06:53 PM']You can never live through enough Chris Henry.

That makes it worth it.[/quote]

I would agree... he can flat-out play. There's no 3rd WR like him in the league. Assuming ML and crew can get past whatever's transpired in the past, I'd take a shot. I just don't think the rooks will be ready to make an impact. I have next to zero confidence in Chatman, Holt is a 6th receiver, and I hope that Maxwell continues to develop, but he's not a playmaker like Henry is.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='687080' date='Aug 12 2008, 08:56 PM']3. No matter what the Bengals do they can't lose the arrest image problem anyways.[/quote]

Sad but true.

I don't want any part of him, but I do think he played his best against the Steelers and Ravens and that would be nice to have again. I'd be stunned if no one between Chatman, Caldwell, Simpson, or Maxwell can secure the 3 spot by the time the season starts. I'd really like to just leave that part of the team's past behind though.

(double post, I know)

I'm not that concerned about the wrs after the first game. Gotta remember we didn't really see the kids work with Palmer and Chatman didn't play slot which is where he'll play in games. They'll find their rythym. Did you see Simpson on the acrobatic catch out of bounds? He came off the field and went right to Palmer and went over the play. Thats more encouraging than shagging "passes" from Jeff Rowe.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='687092' date='Aug 12 2008, 09:36 PM'](double post, I know)

I'm not that concerned about the wrs after the first game. Gotta remember we didn't really see the kids work with Palmer and Chatman didn't play slot which is where he'll play in games. They'll find their rythym. Did you see Simpson on the acrobatic catch out of bounds? He came off the field and went right to Palmer and went over the play. Thats more encouraging than shagging "passes" from Jeff Rowe.[/quote]
[b]I think Simpson is going to be phenomenal and Caldwell will be more than adequate. That may not happen this year though. Henry can be had cheap and if he messes up one more time his career is over. I'd take a chance on him because of his talent. Maybe just maybe he can turn his life and career around and become a great player and a decent person. He's got 2 kids to support so maybe he'll wise up for good. we'll see..[/b]

*Prays*

He makes the offense better and a better offense gives us a better chance to win. Who doesn't want to win?

Sign 15 up and tell Urrutia he needs to look for a new number. We could use Slim in Nati.

[quote name='Smizno' post='687079' date='Aug 12 2008, 07:56 PM']Wow. All bow down to Jesus. The kid made mistakes......hell lets just kill him. He shouldnt even be allowed to walk on this earth with people as superior and as flawless as yourself. Have you ever had a speeding ticket? Have you had 2........DIDNT YOU LEARN THE FIRST TIME!!!! Get over it. NFLers arent model citizens all in all. I just want to win. I will overlook his past. Sign him![/quote]

I have 3 speeding tickets. I have never been arrested and never been arrested 5 times.

He doesnt have to be a model citizen but to save a spot for him we must be able to rely on him. I think we have learned time and time again we cant rely on Chris Henry. He is going to do something again and then the franchise will be fined. He is a negative influence on the locker room. Good riddance.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='687101' date='Aug 12 2008, 09:05 PM']I have 3 speeding tickets. I have never been arrested and never been arrested 5 times.

He doesnt have to be a model citizen but to save a spot for him we must be able to rely on him. I think we have learned time and time again we cant rely on Chris Henry. He is going to do something again and then the franchise will be fined. He is a negative influence on the locker room. Good riddance.[/quote]

I don't think Henry's a negative influence in the locker room, but bringing him back WOULD send a horrible message to the locker room.

Honestly, IMO barring injuries, Henry isn't needed anymore. Utecht and Perry more than make up his loss, not even counting what you'll get from the rest of the receiving corps (no matter how big or small it is).

[quote name='Bengalnutt' post='687077' date='Aug 12 2008, 08:47 PM']....Haven`t we all lived through enough with Henry. He is an IDIOTE and will never get it. He will screw up again. He is an embarrasement to the team he plays for and the city he represents. He is his own worst enemy. Let another team have some fun...[/quote]

did you spell idiot wrong while describing someone else being an idiot?

:mellow:

and embarrassment i think was spelled wrong....how embarrassing...

:D

[quote name='GoBengals' post='687108' date='Aug 12 2008, 09:40 PM']did you spell idiot wrong while describing someone else being an idiot?

:mellow:

and embarrassment i think was spelled wrong....how embarrassing...

:D[/quote]
Leave Jamie's kid brother alone!
:lol:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='687105' date='Aug 12 2008, 09:10 PM']I don't think Henry's a negative influence in the locker room, but bringing him back WOULD send a horrible message to the locker room.

Honestly, IMO barring injuries, Henry isn't needed anymore. Utecht and Perry more than make up his loss, not even counting what you'll get from the rest of the receiving corps (no matter how big or small it is).[/quote]

I don't seem to recall any of the Bengal players having a problem with Chris...he isn't Pickens.

Screw the "message"...unless it's "we want to win". Then I think everyone would agree. He can only help in that regard.

Ben and CPerry are nice compliments...but they will be limited in what they can produce downfield. We have already seen what Chris can do downfield...and it's serious shit.

I saw enough last night of what Chatman and the clueless rookies can do...and it wasn't a thimble's worth of what Chris can get done...and get done right now, which is what we need.

Do it...do it now.

Archived