Bet Your Hair!

Two years ago, I jokingly made a bet with my wife and kid. I told them that if the Bengals made the playoffs I would shave off my beard. If the Superbowl, my head. Yesterday, my little boy reminded me of that bet and convinced me that I should honor it this year. Mrs ABF made one request - switch it around and shave my head for a playoff appearance, my facial hair if we go to the Superbowl (she apparently likes my goatee better than my 'do.)

Of course I agreed. :)

I'm intending this thread to act as a placeholder for before and after pictures, if and when the Stripes punch their ticket to the post-season. I would also like to invite anybody else to join in this bet. If you've got facial hair, it can be your choice as to what to shave - head or face - if the Bengals make the playoffs. And if they go to Miami in February, it's the "Mr. Clean" look for everyone!

[img]http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/873/mrclean.jpg[/img]

So whaddya say, Bengal fans?!? Who's in?

[quote name='Dr Tarzan' date='16 November 2009 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1258418183' post='829054']
I ain't shaving nothin fer nobody.....and if you think you'll come even close to looking like Mr. Clean, yer certifiably delusional, ABF.
[/quote]Of course you're right. Even though I work for the Navy, that ear ring just isn't my style. Plus I'd have to bleach my eyebrows - that's just a little too gay for my liking, not that there's anything wrong with that.

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' date='16 November 2009 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1258430927' post='829183']
Of course you're right. [size="4"] Even though I work for the Navy[/size], that ear ring just isn't my style. Plus I'd have to bleach my eyebrows - that's just [size="4"]a little too gay for my liking[/size], not that there's anything wrong with that.
[/quote]
Does not compute.

However, I would willingly tweeze every hair on my nutsack, then dip it in rubbing alcohol while inserting habanero paste into my urethra if the Bengals make the Superbowl.

Wait, that sounded kinda gay.

• 3 weeks later...
^bump

We're 9-3 now. Pittsburgh is 6-6, Baltimore is 6-5 going into MNF against the Packers. We can clinch the division next week with a win and a Baltimore loss this week or next. We can also back-in with a loss if Pittsburgh loses and Baltimore loses twice.

Time to go find those clippers.

• 2 years later...
^bump for 2011

We're here again. One week left in the regular season, Bengals sitting at 9-6, alone in the #6 playoff spot, needing only a win over Baltimore on Sunday (at home) or losses by two of the chasing teams (Jets lose to Miami, and either Oakland lose to San Diego or Denver lose to Kansas City) to clinch a spot.

In 2009, I welched on the bet. I got a pretty severe trim, but I did NOT shave my head. Of course the Bengals crashed out of the playoffs right away so it's obviously my fault for that. My apologies, that won't happen again. ABF Jr is going with me to the game this week, and I'm packing the clippers. Will post photos after the deed is done, because there is no doubt that we'll punch that ticket 4 days from now.

Gentlemen, anyone else care to join in?

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1325086758' post='1080570']
I will shave my head if they make the superbowl. Shit I will shave my wifes head if they make the superbowl.
[/quote]

ha ha.. you might have to do it while she is asleep...
no hair or facial hair for me already guys/gals so I can't get in... wait I'll shave my ass if we go to the SB....... :ninja:

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1258414326' post='829024']
Count me in. If we go to the SuperBowl I will shave my head. Not bald, because it would itch like a fucker growing back, but I'll take the shit down to peach fuzz.
MULLY
Come on, you fucking pussies!! It's only hair!
[/quote]

it doesnt itch at all. ive been shaving my head for almost a year now

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' timestamp='1325096418' post='1080641']
Are you saying you have no hair [i]anywhere [/i]that you can shave off?

Really?!?
[/quote]

I guess I have a little on my head now...being winter and all.. still a buzz down to nothing... I shave it during the summer....but hey I'll shave it, it's just no big sacrifice...
I dont really want to shave my arms, legs or chest..lol

How about this... If they go to the SB I will let my shit grow until next season starts.. This is a good one for ME... I have had a shaved head/Buzz for like 15 years.....

Archived