Season Tickets

With seat licenses, I imagine it's a difficult decision to just let them lapse and not buy tickets or sell them, possibly at loss.

Purely out of curiosity, how many on the board have seat license(s)?

Of these, who plans to let them go or sell them? Who plans on buying season tickets next year?

I have 4. Bought them 5 years ago at the I don't have a care in the world age of 20 after the 2005 season. One was mine and one was my cousins who paid for his ticket but I bought the seat license. Then the cousin bailed and suddenly I was stuck with 4 tickets to buy. That was rough. I've been lucky to sell the surplus 2 at cost the last few years but its always rough finding a buyer. Gave the girlfriend the other ticket.

My thinking was, buy the 2 for myself and the cousin then sell the others, above cost, to help offset the cost of my ticket. Boy did that not work out AT ALL.
This was right before the waiting list hit like 4,000 or something ridiculous like that and tickets were going for insane prices online, then the losing started again after '06 and wiped that out.

But anyway, I hope to keep my 2 and sell the ball and chain seat licenses of the other 2 at cost. Then use that money to pay for alot of my personal 2 tickets.

Thats my wishful thinking anyway.

If it was just about the football, I'd be out. But, the atmosphere, tailgating, and people will always keep me coming back. Tickets in the family since 1987, we've endured much worse than this. Honestly, Mikey screwed up last season. We overachieved, made the playoffs, he made some moves in the offseason, and the season has been back asswards. He is still the worst owner is sports, I hate to support him, but going to the game is not strictly about how the Bengals play. I love 'em, much as the next guy, but I've been Bengalized.

Buying season tickets kinda seems like those pervs who pay to have their balls stomped on by chicks in heels. I'd rather spend the money on something more productive and with a better chance of being consistently enjoyable, like a back-alley appendectomy for example. Watching on TV is enough of an investment in this current "product", IMO.

im not sure why people are acting like its 2002 and we just had a dozen years of pathetic misery... we won the division 33% of the time since the 2005 title, including sweeping the division last year, only the steelers have won the division more times, since marvin arrives in 2003, and the ravens have twice as well. we arent the browns, riding high on 5 wins and a single division win, total shit year, shit happens..

i moved across the country and didnt even sell my seat licenses.. ill be at a few games next year @ home, and a few on the road... losing or not...

football is fucking awesome... winning is a ton of fun, but the atmosphere and trip to games, especially road games (which all of them are now) is always a blast....

only reasons i can see for giving up your season tickets are the following:

1. Economy, financial reasons, obviously more important things than football in life, when it comes down to family or football, football goes.
2. Move far away and dont want the hassle of handling them/selling them etc.
3. Shouldnt have ever bought them in the first place, front runner fickle bandwagon fan purchase after a good year, then a crybaby fizzle out immediately or a few years later...

aside from those.. football fans are FOOTBALL fans.. and football fucking rocks...

after 10 years of losing or so, i could see a few more fizzle off, especially those with kids/family going with them and not having a good time(99% of kids are fickle as hell in sports/popularity counts)..but after a year removed from taking the division and two division titles in the 5 years previous to this one...

wheres the fire? as if season tickets are some guarantee of winning seasons somehow?

some of the absolute best times of my life have come at bengals games the last 7-8 years, great friends, met great people from here, spent some great times with my dad,...

if we can go from 10 wins to 2-4 wins, we can go back as well...

im not even considering giving up my tickets or license..

football is the sweetness...

Look at it like this; I love spaghetti but I'm not gonna fill my pantry with cans of Spaghetti-O's.

If I already had season tickets I wouldn't be selling them just because of this season. As someone that was considering buying them, though? I think I'll wait and see what direction the team goes this off-season. I can go to a couple of games a year without buying a seat license and $600-800 worth of tickets. It'd be one thing if the team was playing well and coming up short. What they are, though, is a train wreck with no focus & direction about to lose the head coach that dragged them out of the gutter in the first place. Nothing about where this team is right now looks like a good investment of the finite amount of money I have to blow on entertainment. Lately they haven't even been worth 3 hours of my free time, honestly. I like football - I do not like watching what is supposed to be the highest level of the sport reduced to some grabasstic 3 Stooges comedy routine type shit. Our offense can't even line up and run a damn play properly when the chips are down. It seems like I'm putting forth more effort than the guys on the field & care more when they lose. And that's not even considering the CBA mess. I'm still following the blacked-out games on the radio and all that but shit.. Season tickets? I don't think so.

Had mine, in some form or another, since 1979...before there were even stripes. Bought 'em in '79...then was transferred to California. Kept 'em for the 4 years I was there. Have had 'em in good times..the '90's...2000...2002..this year.

Hell, Amish and our group want to buy MORE and move to an even better location in our section (and what we have now is great)!

I think that answers the question, eh?

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1292584042' post='951443']
I like football - I do not like watching what is supposed to be the highest level of the sport reduced to some grabasstic 3 Stooges comedy routine type shit. Our offense can't even line up and run a damn play properly when the chips are down. It seems like I'm putting forth more effort than the guys on the field & care more when they lose.
[/quote]

Ahh, stick around. You'll grow to love it, especially when the "grabasstic 3 Stooges comedy routine" morphs into full-blown Keystone Cops material with "Yakkety Sax" playing as the soundtrack...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ[/media]

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1292609610' post='951527']
Hoping we completely suck ass next season too, I'm about 1 year away fro being able to repurchase season tickets again.

Really want section 139-141, and I'd almost be willing to pay for it.
[/quote]

You read my mind. One graduates this spring, one next spring.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1292609610' post='951527']
Hoping we completely suck ass next season too, I'm about 1 year away fro being able to repurchase season tickets again.

Really want section 139-141, and I'd almost be willing to pay for it.
[/quote]

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1292612677' post='951530']
You read my mind. One graduates this spring, one next spring.
[/quote]

As much as I understand this line of thinking, I just can't ever root for them to lose. I want them to win every game, although with the way they are playing right now, 2-14 is a distinct possibility.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1292605595' post='951503']
Ahh, stick around. You'll grow to love it, especially when the "grabasstic 3 Stooges comedy routine" morphs into full-blown Keystone Cops material with "Yakkety Sax" playing as the soundtrack...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ[/media]
[/quote]

Could have at least thrown some Benny Hill in there.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj6gRX7-NgM[/media]

Just went to the mailbox and found a flyer from Nationwide Insurance. It clearly states that they know I am a season ticket holder and this really pisses me off. We cannot hire a GM but we can receives monies from Nationwide in their partnership. We being the Browns. You know they benefit financially and now my private information has been sold. I called PBS ticket office and asked to be removed from any future mailings.

I also asked the best way to contact Mike Brown. Of course, it is 1 Paul Brown Stadium attn: Mike Brown.

I am so sick of this crap - the losing, but yet, I will get tickets next year which will make it year number eight.

Anyone else get the flyer? Anyone else feel somewhat violated?

[quote name='IndyBengal' timestamp='1292621850' post='951556']
Just went to the mailbox and found a flyer from Nationwide Insurance. It clearly states that they know I am a season ticket holder and this really pisses me off. We cannot hire a GM but we can receives monies from Nationwide in their partnership. We being the Browns. You know they benefit financially and now my private information has been sold. I called PBS ticket office and asked to be removed from any future mailings.

I also asked the best way to contact Mike Brown. Of course, it is 1 Paul Brown Stadium attn: Mike Brown.

I am so sick of this crap - the losing, but yet, I will get tickets next year which will make it year number eight.

Anyone else get the flyer? Anyone else feel somewhat violated?
[/quote]

really?

....... really?

my brother in law got one too, for being a broncos season ticket holder....

many mailings are deals the NFL has, such as the stubhub mailings, the bengals arent the only ones with access to season ticket holder info, the nfl has it for all teams as well. you got a nationwide flyer, and were not only grumpy about it, but called and complained about it?

what cut, of nation wide sponsor info sharing are you thinking the bengals get?

zero extra, as its part of the money sharing thats already going on...

i am not gonna complain about the coupons they send me as a season ticket holder, and im not going to complain about a flyer for insurance either..

hell maybe i'll switch to nationwide.... could you imagine?

heavens....

i cant imagine the terrible feeling of getting a flyer... what did you even do? stare at it grimmicingly? snarl at it? google "ways to get angry at paper"? or go straight to calling someone in an office who could care less and thinks youre crazy, and tehn asking for ridiculous information..

do you often call billion dollar companies and ask to speak to the president of said billion dollar company? and then get dick bent over being given generic info to contact them?

i know MOST billion dollar companies give out CEO cell phone numbers to anyone who calls and asks for it...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:24: :24: :24:

is this a joke and i didnt get it or something?

Archived